The All Things THE DEAD Thread (read)- BRAINSSSSS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you mean they are actually honoring a waitlist that old? im surprised they didnt just give the figure away or put it on second chance. oh wait. that only happens to me.

My regular Doctor is converting too, but didn't get the email yet. When did these come out? Over a year ago?I know it's been a while. I bought the blue scrubs one and was holding off on getting the green scrubs and then it sold out.

from my email records:
zero - (ebay) arrived on: august/2005 (i dont know when 0 was released)
security - ordered in: may/2006 - arrived in: august/2006
doc - ordered in: november/2006 - arrived in: january/2007
spokesman - ordered in: may/2007 - arrived in: july/2007
805 - ordered in: november/2007 - arrived in: april/2008
babysitter - ordered in: febuary/2008 - arrives in: ??/??
EDIT: these are Non-Attendee Edition

Thanks Global420, I forgot it was over a year ago, wow. Seems they would have just saved these for giveaways. Oh well, I'm happy. I actually wanted the green scrubs one over the blue since green is my favorite color. :D I only got the blue 'cause I knew it would sell out faster.

I didn't feel like reading all of the posts, but great work from what I've seen.
I have seen someone selling recasts of the hasbro crispy anakin as Zombie heads. I'm not encouraging buying them.... just saying that that particular head (hasbro not the recast) might be good for a zombie bash ;)

Next Dead Preorder (SDCC Comic Con Exclusive) will be:

Priority Pre-Order:
Attendee Edition 10AM PT on June 12th
Non-Attendee Edition 10AM PT on June 13th

Although right now it just says 12" figure variant... so maybe not a new figure, but a variant of a previously released one? Kinda lame, SDCC should be a new figure IMO... but oh well.

805 with proto's colors ? :monkey1 :monkey3

Watch them give us a green 805 with new uniform. The exact opposite of
what everyone wants.

I doubt they'd give the paintjob a re-do, that would be akin to admitting they made a mistake.

Variant makes me sad. I dont want a color variant, I would much rather a whole new figure.

Oh well.

805 with proto's colors ? :monkey1 :monkey3

That is what I thought first, but these figures had to be in the production design process even before the Babysitter was announced (or 805's paint was found out to be horribley green), so I'm guessing a Patient Zero variant. Yes the unspeakable may happen. The April Fools Jokes are usually hints as well as Jokes. Obi-wan PF, Darth Maul 12" were both "announced" through the jokes. I'm not saying we will get a Stealth PZ, but I'm thinking a PZ variant, or possibly Subject 5. 57 and 560 are already taken care of, 805 seems too soon, and the Babysitter isn't even out yet.

PZ or 5 seem the most logical, with 805 as a possible surprise make-up.

That is what I thought first, but these figures had to be in the production design process even before the Babysitter was announced (or 805's paint was found out to be horribley green), so I'm guessing a Patient Zero variant. Yes the unspeakable may happen. The April Fools Jokes are usually hints as well as Jokes. Obi-wan PF, Darth Maul 12" were both "announced" through the jokes. I'm not saying we will get a Stealth PZ, but I'm thinking a PZ variant, or possibly Subject 5. 57 and 560 are already taken care of, 805 seems too soon, and the Babysitter isn't even out yet.

PZ or 5 seem the most logical, with 805 as a possible surprise make-up.

You could be on to something with the Patient Zero variant.

That variant I would actually like too purchase.

Every time there is a new Dead figure people think it will be a PZ variant... don't think it will happen. Also, just for me I don't dig the variants, usually don't look as good and having the same zombie in a different colored outfit is lame.

I very seriously doubt a PZ variant. I don't see it happening ever. Just wishful thinking and I think the April Fool's poked fun at this.

Variants have come on the heels of the regular version, last year 560, before that 57. The variant being on order before the regular has shipped. My bet is on a Babysitter variant with different colored hair, black or brown and a different colored outfit, maybe blue.

I very seriously doubt a PZ variant. I don't see it happening ever. Just wishful thinking and I think the April Fool's poked fun at this.

Variants have come on the heels of the regular version, last year 560, before that 57. The variant being on order before the regular has shipped. My bet is on a Babysitter variant with different colored hair, black or brown and a different colored outfit, maybe blue.

I doubt it since the regular version may not even be out by then. It is possible I suppose, but 5 and PZ seem the most likely candiates.

I doubt it since the regular version may not even be out by then. It is possible I suppose, but 5 and PZ seem the most likely candiates.

I think 5 and 0 are crazy long shots. Just following the pattern, 57 and 57 ex went up for order right next to each other. 560 regular went up before comic on and then the 560 ex went up at comic con last year. Neither regular edition had shipped before the exclusive went up for order.

I think 5 and 0 are crazy long shots. Just following the pattern, 57 and 57 ex went up for order right next to each other. 560 regular went up before comic on and then the 560 ex went up at comic con last year. Neither regular edition had shipped before the exclusive went up for order.

I had my 560 in hand for 3 months before Spooky 560 was even announced.

Pattern wise, 850 would be logical, but with the fiasco with the paint makes me think otherwise. If the SDCC version is the proto paint in a different colored outfit, many people will be angry thinking it was planned all along. I dunno. At least we have it narrowed to 4 possible figures it could be of, some more likely than others.

Wow really? It had been out that long? I guess I got mine late.

The variant has at least been the same as the last figure announced right?

I think you're right about an 805 variant pissing people off. A babysitter with different colored hair would be more interesting anyway, to me at least.

I'm pretty much meh on whatever variant the come out with... I'm happy with the versions we've gotten. The only exclusive I've kept was the doctor since his variant was announced before the regular version had shipped.

I'm going to be pissed if it's a variant of Patient Zero.
Sideshow has never gone back to a previously released figure for a variant version just to please a bunch of whining fanboys.
And I bet those that bought one after market for $100+ will be infuriated. :google
If it is indeed a variant Patient Zero Then I'm DEMANDING they go and release a variant of the Knight Who Says Ni!.

Here's hoping this is a variant of The Babysitter or Subject 805.

Back