The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paramount Home Entertainment has announced three catalog titles for Blu-ray release on March 29: Charlotte's Web, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie and The Ten Commandments. Cecil B. DeMille's 1956 biblical epic, in particular, will benefit from an all-new restoration and will come out both in a regular and a BD/DVD gift set release, the latter of which will include the silent version from 1923.

Special features include:

Charlotte's Web
Commentaries:
Director Gary Winick
Producer Jordan Kerner and visual effects supervisor John Andrew Berton Jr.
Making Some Movie
Some Voices
Flacka's Pig Tales
How Do They Do That?
What Makes a Classic
Where Are They Now?
A Day at the Fair!
Farm Photo Album
Music Videos
Sarah McLachlan, "Ordinary Miracle"
Bob Carlisle and Lucy Kane, "Make a Wish"
Gag Reel
Additional Scenes

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
The Absorbing Tale Behind The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
Case of the Sponge "Bob"
Anamatics
Saving The Surf
Inside The Pineapple
Music video: The Flaming Lips "SpongeBob and Patrick Confront the Psychic Wall of Energy"
The Making of The Flaming Lips "SpongeBob and Patrick Confront the Psychic Wall of Energy" Music Video
Teaser Trailer (1:17) (in HD)
TMNT: Turtles Forever Spot
SpongeBob 2010 Catalog Refresh Spot

The Ten Commandments
Commentary by Katherine Orrison, author of Written in Stone: Making Cecil B. DeMille's Epic, The Ten Commandments
Newsreel: The Ten Commandments - Premiere in New York (in HD)
Theatrical Trailers (in HD)

On the same date, the studio will re-release Hotel for Dogs and The Spiderwich Chronicles as BD/DVD combo packs, and will release two movie bundles for several Star Trek movies: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan / Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country / Star Trek VIII: First Contact.

The Ten Commandments Gift-Set for me :yess:

I'd much rather watch Spongebob than the Ten Commandments.

But hey, that's just me.

You're not the only one, Michael. :D

I've never seen the Spongebob movie :( But i would propably watch that more then The Ten Commandments as well. I saw it on DVD a few years ago and while it was good, it wasnt something i could watch a lot. I'll most likely watch it on Blu-Ray once and that's it.

SPONGEBOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yess::yess:

SPONGEBOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yess::yess:

spongebob.gif

I just love his laugh, it's so hilarious!!!! :rotfl

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/4QRZMISgDJ0?fs=1&hl=da_DK"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/4QRZMISgDJ0?fs=1&hl=da_DK" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:drool :rock :drool :rock :drool

Paramount Home Entertainment has revealed the full release details for Cecil B. DeMille's The Ten Commandments, which, as reported yesterday, will come out on Blu-ray on March 29 in two editions: a two-disc Blu-ray edition and a six-disc, limited-edition Blu-ray/DVD combo gift set, the latter of which will prominently include the silent 1923 version of The Ten Commandments in high definition and more.

The Blu-ray/DVD Combo gift set comes packaged in a limited edition box featuring an image of the Red Sea that parts when the box is opened to reveal two tablets, which encase all six discs (three BDs, three DVDs) in the set. The set also includes a commemorative photo and archive book, a new 75-minute, in-depth documentary about the film and its impact, original costume sketches, the 1923 silent film The Ten Commandments (also available for the first time on Blu-ray), international premiere photos, production notes from Cecil B. DeMille, correspondence from Charlton Heston, feature commentary and more.

The movie will be split across two discs, both in the two-disc Blu-ray edition and in the gift set.

Special features include:

Two-disc Blu-ray edition

Commentary by Katherine Orrison, author of Written in Stone: Making Cecil B. DeMille's Epic The Ten Commandments
Newsreel: The Ten Commandments Premiere in New York
Theatrical Trailers
Gift set

As above, plus:
1923 feature
Commentary by Katherine Orrison
Hand-tinted footage of the Exodus and parting of the Red Sea sequence (from 1923 feature)
Photo Gallery—1923
The Ten Commandments: Making Miracles—75-minute documentary
Photo Gallery—1956

But why split the movie over two discs? :confused:

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5727

Back