The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
original.pjpeg

:chew :chew :chew

From High-Def Digest:

Goodbye Component - From Now On Only HDMI Will Do HD

Analog video is on the way out. Blu-ray players and discs both will be limiting you to HDMI only in the future.

Most Blu-ray fans really won't be affected by the news that they won't be able to use component cables any more, but for those with existing component setups, in-wall installations or more lengthy cable runs, the news is big.

New Blu-ray players - those announced after January 1, 2011 - will only output HD via the HDMI output. Component and composite outputs are still included, but you'll only be getting a standard definition picture, up to 540p.

If you're worried about losing your analog outputs altogether, your concern is justified. Starting in 2013, players will output via HDMI and nothing else.

I actually did, but if I had to include it in the progression, it would look like this.

VHS --> Betamax --> Laserdisc --> DVD --> Blu-ray

I was never happy that VHS won the war over Betamax. :pfft:

Many are with you on that one. Some felt the pQ was better too.

Did you forget HD-DVD? :lol ;)

I haven't. I am so upset they lost this one. I still feel that for many titles my HD-DVD's look better. But hey, what can you do.

I haven't. I am so upset they lost this one. I still feel that for many titles my HD-DVD's look better. But hey, what can you do.

I re-bought a bunch of movies through the WB red-to-blu program, but I still have all of them still in the shrink wrap (except the Matrix films, for the HD Animatrix). The reason being most of my HD-DVDs are more "friendly", you pop the disc in and the movie starts playing. On way too many of the Blu-ray movies I own there is a ton of crap you have to sit through before you even get to the main menu, plus they take forever to load.

I think that's fan made. There's two different Disney logo's on it and they don't use the one with a ' in it that's above the title.

Yep, absolutely fake... :yuck
Crappy fonts, low-res image, no "Movie Rewards" logo...
Disney wouldn't approve this crappy cover...

BTW, seems like the release date will be April 18th, but still needs to be confirmed...

:panic: :panic: :panic:

During an extended interview with French site Ecranlarge.com, Eric Legay, marketing director for Universal France, revealed some of the catalog movies that the studio intends to release on Blu-ray in 2011, which prominently include the Jurassic Park trilogy and Brian DePalma's Scarface, along with some westerns and more Hitchcock.

The studio will also release some westerns on Blu-ray, including Winchester 73, Shenandoah and High Plains Drifter (apparently one of two movies starring Clint Eastwood that the studio plans to release this year).

Universal will also continue releasing Alfred Hitchcock movies on Blu-ray, but Legay noted that the flow of titles might be limited by the need to remaster them with the same level of quality as Psycho.

Back