The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warner Home Video has announced Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 for Blu-ray release on April 15, in a BD/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack. The studio has also set up a website for the Quest for the Hallows, a global online adventure offering exclusive photos, video content, and the chance to win prizes throughout the year, in celebration of the Harry Potter film phenomenon.

Special features include:

Maximum Movie Mode: join host Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy), and other members of the cast and crew, on an interactive journey through Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1. Plus, revisit important moments from the previous films to prepare for the final battle that takes place in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2.
Exclusive sneak peek of a scene from the upcoming film Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
Dan, Rupert and Emma's Running Competition: while filming the escape scene from the Snatchers in Swinley Forest, Dan, Rupert and Emma engage in a little competition of their own. With colorful commentary by Director David Yates, see the competitive spirit on set and this hilarious rivalry between the three leads.
The Seven Harrys: see how Daniel Radcliffe recreated the personalities of the different characters that transform into Harrys in the Privet Drive scene.
On the Green with Rupert, Tom, Oliver and James: accompany Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), Oliver Phelps (George Weasley) and James Phelps (Fred Weasley) for a round of golf and get a glimpse into their 10-year friendship that developed while making the Harry Potter films.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Promotional Trailer: join Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson and other cast members from the Harry Potter films on their first visit to the Grand Opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Additional scenes
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: Behind the Soundtrack

All of the above contents are BD-exclusive except for the additional scenes.

No word yet on Ultimate Editions for OOTP (better be extended) and HBP.

Have the previous UE releases been extended? I haven't even checked anything about them. I hope so, because I'd totally be down for an extended HBP and DH1.

The first two were but not 3 and 4. WB says it's up to the director if they want to extend the movies or leave them. But i hope Yates extends atleast OOTP because it needs it. He had to chop the movie up big time so it could be just above 2 hours long.

The first two were but not 3 and 4. WB says it's up to the director if they want to extend the movies or leave them. But i hope Yates extends atleast OOTP because it needs it. He had to chop the movie up big time so it could be just above 2 hours long.

Aw, poop. I would really love to see the deleted scenes of HBP put back in. From watching behind the scenes and B roll footage of DH1, I'd love to see the Death Eater meeting at the Malfoy house extended. There was dialogue between Voldemort and the Malfoys that was unused, but is present in the behind the scenes footage and in the book. One of my favorite parts of the book was how Voldemort humiliated them in front of everyone. It was pretty intense!

Aw, poop. I would really love to see the deleted scenes of HBP put back in. From watching behind the scenes and B roll footage of DH1, I'd love to see the Death Eater meeting at the Malfoy house extended. There was dialogue between Voldemort and the Malfoys that was unused, but is present in the behind the scenes footage and in the book. One of my favorite parts of the book was how Voldemort humiliated them in front of everyone. It was pretty intense!

They might get extended but it's up to Yates :panic:

During an interview with a Norwegian home cinema publication, Vincent Marcais, Senior Vice President Marketing at Twentieth Century Fox International in Europe, answered our questions about the studio's Blu-ray plans, including the upcoming release of the Star Wars films, more titles directed by James Cameron and 3D.

Star Wars

Star Wars: Original Trilogy and Star Wars: Prequel Trilogy will consist of four discs each – one for each movie and one bonus disc. Star Wars: The Complete Saga will have an additional special features disc, for a total of nine.

The remastering of the movies has been performed by Lucasfilm and will offer "the most recently updated versions of the movies," with "even more enhancements to the picture quality." When asked about Fox's answer to the fans that want to see the three original versions released, Marcais replied: "The versions that are being released are closest to George Lucas' vision. Other than that, no comment."

There is currently no date for a Blu-ray release of the six Star Wars movies separately.

Sales expectations are very high. For reference, the Avatar Blu-ray sold 5 million copies in the US and 4 million in the rest of the world. That's the "ceiling" on what sales to expect from a major Blu-ray release, and Star Wars is expected to raise that ceiling.

The Abyss, True Lies, Titanic

Marcais confirmed that Fox is working with Lightstorm Entertainment and James Cameron on both The Abyss and True Lies and expects to be able to announce release dates for them "in the not too distant future." They can be expeced to come out "either this year or the next." These releases will take their time because they want to offer the very best Blu-ray quality possible."

The studio would "love" to offer both the theatrical and the extended cut of The Abyss on Blu-ray. Marcais recalled that this movie never got an anamorphic widescreen DVD, and said: "I can guarantee that when it is released on Blu-ray it will be in the proper aspect ratio."

The only definite plan for Titanic is that it's coming to theaters in 3D in 2012, the 100th anniversary of the disaster.

However, Marcais didn't have any new information about the Blu-ray release of more James Bond catalog titles, or MGM titles in general.

3D Blu-ray

Marcais couldn't answer the question of when the Avatar 3D Blu-ray would be available in stores. However, Fox intends to start offering 3D Blu-ray movies for general release in 2011.

Remastering

Finally, Marcais was asked about the policy when remastering catalog titles and specifically about Predator. The Fox executive acknowledges that they got a lot of criticism, "but I don't think it was deserved," he countered, because the movie was shot on a film stock that wasn't good enough, and the Blu-ray version "represents what the filmmaker wanted it to look like." He said that Fox discusses the issue of "removing grain or not" with the filmmakers, as long as they are alive.

Star Wars :rolleyes2

I have the very first vhs releases, the '97/'98 theater re-release/directors edit vhs box set, and the even further directors edit on the first dvd release box set...

No thanks, George. I'm done falling down your lousy rabbit hole

The remastering of the movies has been performed by Lucasfilm and will offer "the most recently updated versions of the movies," with "even more enhancements to the picture quality." When asked about Fox's answer to the fans that want to see the three original versions released, Marcais replied: "The versions that are being released are closest to George Lucas' vision. Other than that, no comment."

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

From High-Def Digest:

Warner Home Video has announced Harry Potter: Years 1-7 Part 1 for Blu-ray release on April 15, the same day that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 streets. This seven-movie Blu-ray gift set will include nine discs and "an abundance of spectacular special features on each movie." List price has been set at $134.99.

Oh, please. They might as well just wait for part 2. :rolleyes:

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment has announced The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader for Blu-ray release on April 8, in a BD/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack. In this third installment of the Narnia cycle (picked up by Fox when Disney passed on it after Prince Caspian), Lucy and Edmund Pevensie, along with their cousin Eustace, are swallowed into a painting and transported back to Narnia once again. Although it was shown theatrically in (converted) 3D, no 3D Blu-ray has been announced.

Audio commentary by Director Michael Apted and producer Mark Johnson
Animated short: The Untold Adventures of The Dawn Treader
King Caspian's Guide to the Dawn Treader: Legends and Lore of the Great Ship
Deleted scenes
Five Islands Explorations
Narnian Discoveries: Friends and Foes of Narnia (7 featurettes)
Three behind-the-scenes featurettes including Battle on the Sea
Sword Game
Four Fox Movie Channel Presents behind-the-scenes featurettes

19648_back.jpg

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5823

Paramount Home Entertainment has announced The Fighter for Blu-ray release on March 15, in a BD/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack. This movie is based on the true story of two brothers (played by Christian Bale and Mark Wahlberg) who, against all the odds, come together to train for a historic title bout. It's nominated for seven Academy Awards (Christian Bale - Actor in a Supporting Role, Amy Adams - Actress in a Supporting Role, Melissa Leo - Actress in a Supporting Role, Directing, Film Editing, Best Picture and Original Screenplay).

Commentary by director David O. Russell
Featurettes:
The Warriors Code: Filming The Fighter
Keeping the Faith
Deleted scenes (with optional commentary)
Theatrical trailer

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5825

Confirming earlier reports (see Blu-ray.com, January 25), Anchor Bay Home Entertainment has officially announced and detailed the Oscar-nominated The King's Speech for Blu-ray release on April 19. This will be the first release by Anchor Bay of a Weinstein Company title under the multi-year distribution agreement between both companies announced earlier this year (see Blu-ray.com, January 5).

Commentary with director Tom Hooper
The Making of The King's Speech
King George VI

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5824

Back