The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Artwork for the Black Panther Steelbook:

I could really use some help getting reference (for sculpting a 1:6 copy) images from a 4K BluRay.

In Dracula (1992), you can see his footwear in a night scene. Using a standard 1080p BluRay copy, I was almost able to make out the details on his shoes/ankle boots by punching up the exposure to max on a screenshot. I thought a 4K image might finally show what sort of footwear he used.

Please PM me if you have anyway of viewing a 4K BluRay on your computer such that you can take screen shots. There's no way to view 4K on a Mac and I've never seen a TV with an exposure control. I would really appreciate any help.

Hmm now I see that the GotG2 US 3D was Best Buy only. So I guess the writing was on the wall that they were phasing out wide releases of the format stateside. Since the MCU movies have always been a bit lacking in cinematography the 3D effect was a nice equalizer. Too bad.

I saw BP in 2D with laser projected Dolby Vision and the cinematography wasn't even in the same universe as TLJ and BR 2049. The contrast between it and the Solo trailer that played immediately before were night and day. Marvel's "network television" visual house style should have been dropped long ago.

Back