The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

View attachment 456114

Dat audience score, yo.

View attachment 456115

The fanbase might lack numbers (for now) but oh how we love it so, lol. Once I saw that it wasn't going to last very long in theaters I made sure to catch it twice in 3D IMAX. One of the biggest surprises in recent memory.
Listen to Khev, yes, yes, to Khev you listen!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sorry fell asleep unable to enjoy the lolz

After Wor-Gar used the term Terminator (pixie to be exact lol) it got me thinking wouldn’t it be ironic that Alita just might be better than the new Terminator movie lol

Last edited:
Sorry fell asleep unable to enjoy the lolz

After Wor-Gar used the term Terminator (pixie to be exact lol) it got me thinking wouldn’t it be ironic that’s Alita just might be better than the new Terminator movie lol

There is really no doubt about that JYE. You NEED this movie in your collection for the 3D. Your the biggest fan of 3D I know of.

Here's the rest of the MCU 4K line up as Best Buy Exclusive SteelBooks:

Iron Man (previously posted, but keeping it all together)

attachment.php

Iron Man 2

attachment.php

12156536-1374675859922636.jpg
12156536-1504675859829018.jpg

12156536-7854675859728386.jpg

Iron Man 3:

attachment.php

Thor:

Thor: The Dark World:

attachment.php

And Zavvi is releasing another Antman and The Wasp SteelBook with a lenticular cover. I missed grabbing a 3D copy, so I'm definitely in.

01.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

There are a bunch of those pics that don't show up for me. I wonder why .....

This is where I now stand with MCU steelbooks and I think this is where I’m staying as it makes sense in my head.

Movies that I feel deserved steelbooks were:

1. IM1 because it was the start.
2. Cap trilogy because they’re the gold standard in the MCU non Avengers movies
3. The 4 Avengers movies because well they’re the 4 Avengers movies

Everything else MCU in my shelf will have normal cases.

Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

This is where I now stand with MCU steelbooks and I think this is where I’m staying as it makes sense in my head.

Movies that I feel deserved steelbooks were:

1. IM1 because it was the start.
2. Cap trilogy because they’re the gold standard in the MCU non Avengers movies
3. The 4 Avengers movies because well they’re the 4 Avengers movies

Everything else MCU in my shelf will have normal cases.
I think I agree with that.

I have 3 captain America steels, 2 Guardians steels, BP steel and Avengers Ultron steelbook.

The only 1 I really see myself getting is IM1, mostly because I don't care that much about getting the other 2, or the Thor steelbooks. IM1 mostly because I'd like that one in 4K.

I'm not going down ther rabbit hole of trying to get Avengers steelbooks, especially since I passed them up cause I liked the non steel better. I even returned my Dr Strange steel because I liked the 3D cover better.

The only other one I feel sinned pull feein is Antman and Wasp Zavvi lenticular steel. But I'm not getting it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I want Steelbooks and 4K for all of the MCU films, so the releases of Iron Man 1-3, Thor, and The Dark World will help take care of a lot of that.

View attachment 456114

Dat audience score, yo.

View attachment 456115

The fanbase might lack numbers (for now) but oh how we love it so, lol. Once I saw that it wasn't going to last very long in theaters I made sure to catch it twice in 3D IMAX. One of the biggest surprises in recent memory.

How can a movie this great rate only a 60 on RT???? This is why I never ever ever trust reviews or opinions until I see flicks for myself. Alita was instantly ranked as one of my all time favorites when I saw it in the theater.

Which hot toys JYE? I have endgame captain America on preorder and war machine punisher.

EG Cap and EG Thanos

How can a movie this great rate only a 60 on RT???? This is why I never ever ever trust reviews or opinions until I see flicks for myself. Alita was instantly ranked as one of my all time favorites when I saw it in the theater.

Does Alita have any James Caan Rollerball or Mad Max elements to it?

Does Alita have any James Caan Rollerball or Mad Max elements to it?

Well the main sport is clearly inspired by Rollerball so I suppose yes to your first question. As for Mad Max the entire movie takes place within the confines of a walled city in a post apocalyptic wasteland. The city itself is way too technologically advanced for Mad Max but I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to imagine something like Fury Road taking place outside the city's walls. There's no denying that Alita really has a good number of elements that will remind you of other films (GitS, Real Steel, Elysium, even Wall-E) but it still maintains it's own distinct feel IMO.

Jye, I may have asked this before but when do you expect 8K TVs to come down in price? I've waited this long to make the jump to 4K so I'm wondering if I should just wait a little longer. I also recall the 4K price drop happening pretty fast (at least once they were all that were being made).

EG Cap and EG Thanos

Nice choices.
:hi5::duff:rock

It’s all I can afford lol

If money was no object I would buy them all lol

Jye, I may have asked this before but when do you expect 8K TVs to come down in price? I've waited this long to make the jump to 4K so I'm wondering if I should just wait a little longer. I also recall the 4K price drop happening pretty fast (at least once they were all that were being made).

Great question.

Call me crazy but I think that the 75” 8K at $6,500 and 65” 8K at $4,500 are actually not exorbitant considering 4K first models were higher than that!

Being honest here I feel a little stupid investing in 4K movies right now knowing that the studios are SITTING on 8K movies as we speak I just know they are they are dirty little weasels they absolutely are lol

My wife has even warned me to slow things down and she’s not wrong. :gah:

But because of my horrendous addictive nature i’m buying Batman 89 and BR 4K today because I can’t control my impulses which stems from having witnessed death up close every single day for over 2 decades so I feel like if I don’t enjoy it now I am sticking my tongue out at fate saying that I have time to enjoy it later, stupid factual based superstition lol. :gah:

I guess it comes down to your personal financial situation if money is no object then by all means invest heavily in 4K then you will just invest heavily in 8K too lol

But if money matters then just upgrade your “big core” movies but do so using sales and buy an inexpensive TCL or Vizio 4K tv.

With 8K i’m going big meaning the MOST expensive high end model tv because I could care less about 10k which is what they’re working on to follow 8K and not 16K.

Thanks for the tips! Part of my future-proofing is to buy movies from iTunes because they seem to (for now) be upgrading purchases to the next generation for free. And their 4K quality is reportedly comparable (though obviously not quite as good as UHD disc).

As for the hardware, guess I'll continue waiting and seeing...

Back