The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment has officially announced the five-time Academy Award-winning The Sound of Music for Blu-ray release on November 2. This 45th Anniversary Edition, "meticulously restored and remastered" with 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio sound, will be presented in a three-disc (2 BDs, 1 DVD) combo edition, and also in an individually numbered Limited Collector's Set.

Special features include:
Audio commentaries with Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer and director Robert Wise
Your Favorite Things: An Interactive Celebration — all-new immersive viewing experience with behind-the-scenes images, on-screen lyrics, trivia track and location quiz
Music Machine Sing-Along
BD-LIVE:
Live Lookup Powered by IMDb
Musical Stages: Creating The Sound of Music — all-new interactive "backlot tour" with in-depth featurettes on the songs, the stage show & movie, the film and sound restoration and the real-life von Trapp family
A City of Song — virtual map of filming locations in Salzburg, Austria
Vintage Rodgers & Hammerstein and The Sound of Music programs, including a parody with Carol Burnett and Julie Andrews, and an interview with the real Maria von Trapp on The Julie Andrews Hour
Rodgers & Hammerstein: The Sound of American Music, hosted by Mary Martin
Screen tests, rare treasures, interviews, photo galleries and more

The Limited Collector's set adds the following:
45th Anniversary soundtrack
100-Page "My Favorite Things" scrapbook
Snapshots from Salzburg
Reproduction of the original 1965 Souvenir program
Exclusive "My Favorite Things" Music Box with letter of authenticity

j67e40.jpg

i always think of you twirling and singing up there Anders, not Julie Andrews... is that weird?

A little gay, maybe, but not weird :lol

But i do twirl around and sing every week when i clean my rooms. I also get help from small forest critters so it only takes about 3:30 min. like in the movies :lecture

i always think of you twirling and singing up there Anders, not Julie Andrews... is that weird?

But i do twirl around and sing every week when i clean my rooms. I also get help from small forest critters so it only takes about 3:30 min. like in the movies :lecture

:lol:rotfl:lol

I set up a hidden camera when you did that, Anders. Here it is!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/u-Ra7nwZRN4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/u-Ra7nwZRN4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I set up a hidden camera when you did that, Anders. Here it is!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/u-Ra7nwZRN4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/u-Ra7nwZRN4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:lol :lol :lol

Eureka Entertainment has officially announced Metropolis on Blu-ray for November 22. This "reconstructed and restored" version of Fritz Lang's silent classic (including 25 minutes of footage previously thought lost to the world) will be presented in two editions: a single-disc Blu-ray edition with "wraparound embossed sleeve", and a Dual Format SteelBook.

Special features include:
Full-length audio commentary by David Kalat and Jonathan Rosenbaum
Die Reise nach Metropolis (2010, 53 minutes), a documentary about the film
2010 re-release trailer
56-page booklet featuring archival interviews with Fritz Lang, a 1927 review by Luis Buñuel, articles by Jonathan Rosenbaum and Karen Naundorf, and restoration notes by Martin Koerber.

The SteelBook is already up for preorder at the Eureka online store. Advance orders are getting a free Metropolis T-shirt (offer ends today at 5 p.m. British Standard Time).
https://www.eurekavideo.co.uk/offers/metrop.html

9950_front.jpg

15594_front.jpg

As Christopher Nolan’s brainy blockbuster, Inception, approaches the $700 million mark in worldwide box office, details on the DVD and Blu-ray release have been unofficially announced.

Inside the silver suitcase, which replicates the one seen in the film, is a spinning top “totem,” movie art cards, a PASIV Device User Manual and three copies of Inception - DVD, Blu-ray and Digital Copy.

As for the bonus features, there are only a few, but they sound appealing enough. Director Christopher Nolan and Leonardo DiCaprio will host the Maximum Movie Mode, a unique Warner Bros. commentary that implements a more interactive behind-the-scenes look as you watch the film.

Included are “The Cobol Job” and “The Big Under,” two digital comics that serve as prologues to Inception and expand on Leonardo DiCaprio’s backstory leading up to the dream theft seen at the beginning of the film. There is also a documentary-style segment on dream research that should be similar to the viral clip released before the movie.

One caveat: The source of this information is a British website, so this may all not exactly match the US release of Inception on Blu-ray and DVD.

Expect a more formal announcement on the home video release details soon, but this is the first explanation of what we can expect when one of the year’s best films hits shelves. No date has been announced, but rumors have started on a potential December release (in time for the holidays, of course).

Source: Play.com

Inception-Limited-Edition-Briefcase-Blu-ray.jpg

As Christopher Nolan’s brainy blockbuster, Inception, approaches the $700 million mark in worldwide box office, details on the DVD and Blu-ray release have been unofficially announced.

Inside the silver suitcase, which replicates the one seen in the film, is a spinning top “totem,” movie art cards, a PASIV Device User Manual and three copies of Inception - DVD, Blu-ray and Digital Copy.

As for the bonus features, there are only a few, but they sound appealing enough. Director Christopher Nolan and Leonardo DiCaprio will host the Maximum Movie Mode, a unique Warner Bros. commentary that implements a more interactive behind-the-scenes look as you watch the film.

Included are “The Cobol Job” and “The Big Under,” two digital comics that serve as prologues to Inception and expand on Leonardo DiCaprio’s backstory leading up to the dream theft seen at the beginning of the film. There is also a documentary-style segment on dream research that should be similar to the viral clip released before the movie.

One caveat: The source of this information is a British website, so this may all not exactly match the US release of Inception on Blu-ray and DVD.

Expect a more formal announcement on the home video release details soon, but this is the first explanation of what we can expect when one of the year’s best films hits shelves. No date has been announced, but rumors have started on a potential December release (in time for the holidays, of course).

Source: Play.com

Inception-Limited-Edition-Briefcase-Blu-ray.jpg

:panic: Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine!

Back