The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Christopher Nolan’s brainy blockbuster, Inception, approaches the $700 million mark in worldwide box office, details on the DVD and Blu-ray release have been unofficially announced.

Inside the silver suitcase, which replicates the one seen in the film, is a spinning top “totem,” movie art cards, a PASIV Device User Manual and three copies of Inception - DVD, Blu-ray and Digital Copy.

As for the bonus features, there are only a few, but they sound appealing enough. Director Christopher Nolan and Leonardo DiCaprio will host the Maximum Movie Mode, a unique Warner Bros. commentary that implements a more interactive behind-the-scenes look as you watch the film.

Included are “The Cobol Job” and “The Big Under,” two digital comics that serve as prologues to Inception and expand on Leonardo DiCaprio’s backstory leading up to the dream theft seen at the beginning of the film. There is also a documentary-style segment on dream research that should be similar to the viral clip released before the movie.

One caveat: The source of this information is a British website, so this may all not exactly match the US release of Inception on Blu-ray and DVD.

Expect a more formal announcement on the home video release details soon, but this is the first explanation of what we can expect when one of the year’s best films hits shelves. No date has been announced, but rumors have started on a potential December release (in time for the holidays, of course).

Source: Play.com

Inception-Limited-Edition-Briefcase-Blu-ray.jpg

____ nuts that's awesome.

As Christopher Nolan’s brainy blockbuster, Inception, approaches the $700 million mark in worldwide box office, details on the DVD and Blu-ray release have been unofficially announced.

Inside the silver suitcase, which replicates the one seen in the film, is a spinning top “totem,” movie art cards, a PASIV Device User Manual and three copies of Inception - DVD, Blu-ray and Digital Copy.

As for the bonus features, there are only a few, but they sound appealing enough. Director Christopher Nolan and Leonardo DiCaprio will host the Maximum Movie Mode, a unique Warner Bros. commentary that implements a more interactive behind-the-scenes look as you watch the film.

Included are “The Cobol Job” and “The Big Under,” two digital comics that serve as prologues to Inception and expand on Leonardo DiCaprio’s backstory leading up to the dream theft seen at the beginning of the film. There is also a documentary-style segment on dream research that should be similar to the viral clip released before the movie.

One caveat: The source of this information is a British website, so this may all not exactly match the US release of Inception on Blu-ray and DVD.

Expect a more formal announcement on the home video release details soon, but this is the first explanation of what we can expect when one of the year’s best films hits shelves. No date has been announced, but rumors have started on a potential December release (in time for the holidays, of course).

Whoa, that looks absolutely awesome!!! :rock :rock :rock

Awesome :yess:

Thats awesome thats a UK release package, we usually get stiffed :yess:

Holy shneikies!!! :panic:

The extras sound awesome! :rock

The packaging kicks ass!!! :rock :rock :rock

I wonder what the top is made of. I hope it's metal. :pray:

My only complaint is the release date. I have an annual movie party, and this year we will be watching Inception. I was really hoping for a November party, but looks like we will be cutting it closer to the end of the year. :(

:panic: Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine!

:exactly:

Holy shneikies!!! :panic:

The extras sound awesome! :rock

The packaging kicks ass!!! :rock :rock :rock

I wonder what the top is made of. I hope it's metal. :pray:

My only complaint is the release date. I have an annual movie party, and this year we will be watching Inception. I was really hoping for a November party, but looks like we will be cutting it closer to the end of the year. :(

I'm reading everywhere saying the release is December 6th in the UK and priced at £40. While seeing an December 7th release in the States. Should get something official soon, I'm sure. I'm just hoping this gets released in the States. :pray:

ABSOBLOODYEXACTLY!! :goodpost:

About time we got some excellent box sets. Just pre-ordered mine with amazon and also the ltd ed. BTTF trilogy blu ray tin set. :yess:

:lol:lol:lol

Yeah its about time we got a good deal for once :)

Will pre order mine closer to the time, need to get that BTTF tin set also :)

Last edited:
I don't know where to ask this, but here goes. Why hasn't Aladdin been allowed to become a Diamond Edition, like Snow White and Beauty and The Beast. Or at least see the light of day as a Blu-Ray.

I don't know where to ask this, but here goes. Why hasn't Aladdin been allowed to become a Diamond Edition, like Snow White and Beauty and The Beast. Or at least see the light of day as a Blu-Ray.

I'm think Aladdin will get a Diamond Edition release but it won't be for awhile. I believe Disney already has the releases for 2011 set (Dumbo, Bambi and The Lion King). Disney announced a list of what we can expect for the next 5 years but i can't find it right now. If we're lucky, it will be Oct. 2012 but it might be later.

I'm just getting the normal one as well but i just wanted to see who would be ordering this. :D

Back