The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the UK artwork
16016861.jpg

Only a 1000 of these being made in the UK, but at £90 it's a pass for me
Avatar%20exclusive%20collectors%20edition%20Blu-ray%20box%20set-thumb-482x444.jpg

Thanks for posting i've just put my order in with play. :yess:

:hi5:

Don't know if i can keep it with all the stuff coming next month but might as well pre-order it just in case. But for that price, James Camerons signature better be real and not scanned on.

I can't see it being real but that would be nice if it was.

So for £72 more, you get a printed signature on a Film cell of a film that was shot digitally, plus a book and a numbered case.

Sounds like a rip off to me, especially when you compare it to the Back to the Future Tin Box and the Inception Briefcase

Agreed. It looks nice but not that nice.

So for £72 more, you get a printed signature on a Film cell of a film that was shot digitally, plus a book and a numbered case.

Sounds like a rip off to me, especially when you compare it to the Back to the Future Tin Box and the Inception Briefcase

Pretty much. It's a nice set but i'm having second thoughts with that price. If it was between £40-50 i would keep it but £90 is too much.

Pretty much. It's a nice set but i'm having second thoughts with that price. If it was between £40-50 i would keep it but £90 is too much.

Yeah Dino makes a good point so im also just going to get the normal blu-ray now. :lol

:panic: :yess: :panic: :yess: :panic: :yess: :panic:

According to retailer information, Universal Studios Home Entertainment is preparing a deluge of catalog Blu-ray releases, with no fewer than 15 very diverse movies, prominently including classics such as To Kill a Mockingbird and Hitchcock's The Birds, two John Landis comedies, a George Lucas non-scifi movie and several titles previously released on the defunct HD DVD.

Titles up for preorder include:

American Graffiti
Babe
A Beautiful Mind
Billy Madison
The Birds
Blue Crush
The Blues Brothers
Dazed and Confused
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Happy Gilmore
National Lampoon's Animal House
Out of Sight
Ray
To Kill a Mockingbird

Note that the studio hasn't officially announced those titles, and that if and when it does, the releases may be spread over different dates.

Yeah Dino makes a good point so im also just going to get the normal blu-ray now. :lol

Think i'm gonna do the same :D

Paramount Home Entertainment has announced the Dreamworks Animation movie Shrek Forever After for Blu-ray release on December 7. On the same date, the studio will also release Shrek: The Whole Story, a gift set including all four Shrek movies.

Special features on Shrek Forever After include a "12 Days of Christmas" pop-up book, deleted scenes, interactive games, a preview of "Shrek the Musical" and an insider's look at the film.

For a limited time, both Shrek Forever After and Shrek: The Whole Story will also include a new holiday program, Donkey's Christmas Shrektacular, featuring all the characters from the franchise singing classic holiday songs with Shrek-ized lyrics, as well as the "Shrek's Yule Log" - a virtual fireplace with appearances by more than 25 Shrek characters.

At the moment the studio has not revealed any plans to release Shrek or Shrek 2 on Blu-ray separately. Shrek the Third was released on Blu-ray in September 2008.

A 3D Blu-ray edition of the movie will be offered exclusively to buyers of Samsung 3D hardware (see Blu-ray.com, September 17).

Good news everyone - Planet Express is back in business! 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment has officially announced the Blu-ray release of Futurama: Volume 5, with a street date of December 21. This two-disc BD set will include 13 new episodes aired on Comedy Central, with 1080p video and a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack.

Special features include:
Audio commentaries
Deleted and extended scenes
Bend it Like Bender
Previously On...
Fry's Crudely-Drawn Comic Book - The Crudely Animated Edition
Behind the Fungus: Makin' a Hit Song
"The Prisoner of Benda" table read
Fry's Crudely Drawn Comic Book Alternate Design
Bender audio outtake

16742_front.jpg

Back