The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting the Futurama and Shrek: The Whole Story sets. I wonder if the Shrek set will include the Shrek 3D short and Shrek the Halls. :tap

ShrekWholeStory.jpg

12451_back.jpg

Consider the Blade Runner 5 disk Blu Ray set can be purchased from many retailers for 35 dollars. It had 4 different cuts of the movie and a bonus features disk that sets the bar for what extras should be.

The Avatar deluxe set looks waaay overpriced.

Predators on the 19th. Was a really fun movie this summer and so I gotta get it. Also The Expendables on Nov 23rd. Hopefully this will be a directors cut.

Predators on the 19th. Was a really fun movie this summer and so I gotta get it. Also The Expendables on Nov 23rd. Hopefully this will be a directors cut.

It's not. Just the theatrical version. They will propably release a Director's Cut next year :lecture

:yess: :yess: :yess:

Paramount Home Entertainment has announced that it will release the original 1969 version of True Grit on Blu-ray on December 14, tying in with the theatrical release of the remake directed by the Coen brothers. This western was directed by Henry Hathaway and starred John Wayne in a memorable role that won him his only Academy Award.

Special features include:
Commentary by Jeb Rosebrook, Bob Boze Bell and J. Stuart Rosebrook
True Writing
Working with the Duke
Aspen Gold: Locations of True Grit
The Law and The Lawless
Theatrical Trailer

Another Dec. 14 release:

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced The Other Guys for Blu-ray release on December 14, in a single-disc Blu-ray and a BD/DVD/Digital Copy combo. This "Unrated Other Edition" will include both the theatrical and extended film versions of this action comedy, starring Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg. "Over 100 minutes" of bonus contents will be included.

Special features include:
Deleted and extended scenes
Gag reel
Line-O-Rama
A "Mom"mentary featuring Will Ferrell, writer Chris Henchy and director Adam McKay's Mom

Badass!!! I had to cancel my order unfortunately, but I am hoping that there will be some awesome sales come black friday. This is a MUST purchase for me.

Amazon deal of day is/was "band of brothers" BR with part 1 of The Pacific for $37 free ship. I bit.

Also had BR of Dexter 1-4 for something like $97 free ship, more than 50% off. I bit. I've been wanting to catch up on this.

I picked up Band of Brothers.

About a month ago they had the first 3 seasons of Dexter for $70 and I bit then. I'm hoping that the price of Season 4 will come down at arond $25 soon.

From Blu-ray.com:

A Beautiful Mind and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind coming to Blu-ray on January 25, 2011.

A Beautiful Mind
- Feature commentaries: Director Ron Howard, Screenwriter Akiva Goldsman
- A Beautiful Partnership: Ron Howard & Brian Grazer
- Development of the Screenplay
- Meeting John Nash
- Casting Russell Crowe & Jennifer Connelly
- The Process of Age Progression
- Final Feature Comparisons
- Creating of the Special Effects
- Inside A Beautiful Mind
- pocket BLU
- BD-Live
- My Scenes

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind- Feature commentary with Michel Gondry and writer Charlie Kaufman
- A Look inside Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- A Conversation with Jim Carrey and Michel Gondry
- Inside the Mind of Michel Gondry
- Anatomy of a Scene: Saratoga Avenue
- A Conversation with Kate Winslet and Director Michel Gondry
- Music video: The Polyphonic Spree, "Light & Day"
- Lacuna Infomercial
- Easter Egg
- pocket BLU
- My Scenes

Back