The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could do with rewatching this series, back to back, see if it flows better, see if I enjoy it more. Problem is, I have zero desire to watch episode 1-4 again. I'll watch the Mando episodes again at some point and at least Boba does something in the final. It has some fun moments/dumb action and I can turn my brain off and watch the pew pew.
Episodes 1- 4 were just dull and full of Boba being an idiot.
I might not hate BoBF like I did the ST, but it's found itself in the same "won't watch again" category.
Mando season 3 has a lot to live up to and to prove. It has to match the quality of the first 2 seasons and wash the horrible taste of BoBF from my mouth.
If Episodes 5 & 6 are anything to go by then I think Mando S3 will still be great.

BOBF seems to be a filler project with no passion behind it.

That's not Luke :wink1: That;s a new interpretation of the character that denies his own instincts and past learned experience.

Further beyond betraying the fact that Luke instinctualy always chose both, by never giving up his personal connections (friends, sister, father) and still pursued being a Jedi- is what saved his father, and the Galaxy, is what brought about the return of the Jedi - his way.
To now have him completley turnaround and out of character, betray all his own instincts and experience, to now force Grogu an ultimatum, he himself instinctualy and decidedly knew never to give up on, or choose between.

They next have him even outright contradict and betray his own words and conviction, from their own previous episode.
64u41e.gif

After insisting Grogu chose one or the other, cut to... Completely abandons him. ...after saying he'd protect the child with his life, knowing he's not safe. (his words)
64u4z7.gif

Granted they need to rush Grogu along, and get him back to his father (what everyone wants)
This is when lazy writing and plot convenience overrides character portrayal. (they don't want Luke inconveniently and messily back on Tatooine, there'd be to much to examine or ignore there)
So because that would be inconvenient, they end up making Luke look even more like a complete failed cowardly a-hole.

Last edited:
Further beyond betraying the fact that Luke instinctualy always chose both, by never giving up his personal connections (friends, sister, father) and still perused being a Jedi- is what saved his father, and the Galaxy, is what brought about the return of the Jedi - his way.
To now have him completley turnaround and out of character, betray all his own instincts and experience, to now force Grogu an ultimatum he instinctualy and decidedly knew never to give up on, and chose between.

They now have him even outright contradict and betray his own words and conviction, from their own previous episode.
64u41e.gif

After insisting he chose one or the other, cut to... Completely abandons him. ...knowing he's not safe. (his words)
64u4z7.gif

This is when plot convenience overrides character portrayal. (they don't want Luke inconveniently on Tatoine)
So because that would be inconvenient, they end up making Luke look even more like a complete failed cowardly a-hole.
Luke to Grogu: “Galaxy is a very dangerous place!”

Next episode sends Grogu across the galaxy with just R2 :slap

NOW it could be argued that Luke had the XW set for instant kill mode which I totally would not accept lol

Luke to Grogu: “Galaxy is a very dangerous place!”

Next episode sends Grogu across the galaxy with just R2 :slap
:lol
NOW it could be argued that Luke had the XW set for instant kill mode which I totally would not accept lol
I'm fine with assuming that Luke meditated in the Force and was led to realize that the best outcome would be for Grogu to go alone. If Luke went then he would have been drawn into the battle, singlehandedly put down the Pykes and their droids, and Tatooine would have no lasting savior after he departed. If it was a "reckless" choice well then it wouldn't be his first and Yoda was calling Obi-Wan that 20 years into his training, lol.

I'm fine with assuming that Luke meditated in the Force and was led to realize that the best outcome would be for Grogu to go alone.
Except Luke knows by experience his own visions (good or bad), the future are uncertain and undetermined. I hate lazy writers using that as a hand-wave for plot convenience - he "knew" it'd turn out safe. :lol
If Luke went then he would have been drawn into the battle, singlehandedly put down the Pykes and their droids, and Tatooine would have no lasting savior after he departed.
Which is exactly what they would have to address if he showed up on Tatooine (not to mention any entanglement with Fett, underlying pathos they might have to examine of him being back on his home world). So again for lazy plot convenience, it was just easier to remove him from the equation, which they did, and in doing so willing to make him come off as a complete child left in his care abandoning a-hole.
And no R2 wasn't enough to protect him from the implied dangers out there.
If it was a "reckless" choice well then it wouldn't be his first and Yoda was calling Obi-Wan that 20 years into his training, lol.
His "reckless choices" involved putting himself in danger to help others.
Ascribing that same instinct to his decision here (even to try and help hand-wave away the stupidity of it), still betrays the characters known instinct. Since he was not putting himself in danger. To the contrary.

All that said episode was still fun for me. :lol
I don't ascribe any of that to some conspiracy to ruin the classic characters, (as some do here). :lol
Just poor, lazy (fun plot over character) writing.

Last edited:
Regarding Luke's ultimatum to Grogu - I wonder are people framing that wrong - he had a student who he could sense didn't really want to be there. The choice was to keep Grogu against his will or let him go back to Mando. If Grogu chooses to go with Mando then Luke cannot train him - not necessarily because Luke suddenly adheres rigidly to old Jedi rules forbidding attachment - but by the mere fact that Grogu would no longer be with him.

His "reckless choices" involved putting himself in danger to help others.
Ascribing that same instinct to his decision here (even to try and help hand-wave away the stupidity of it), still betrays the characters known instinct.
Well I don't think his choice was reckless but my point was that even if it was it wouldn't be his first.

When Fennec realized that to appease the citizens of Free Town Fett planned to drive the Pykes off of the entire planet instead of just Mos Espa and she got upset about all the money that would be lost I did start to wonder if those theories of her having a side hustle with either the Hutts or the Pykes would be proven true.

Regarding Luke's ultimatum to Grogu - I wonder are people framing that wrong - he had a student who he could sense didn't really want to be there. The choice was to keep Grogu against his will or let him go back to Mando. If Grogu chooses to go with Mando then Luke cannot train him - not necessarily because Luke suddenly adheres rigidly to old Jedi rules forbidding attachment - but by the mere fact that Grogu would no longer be with him.
It seems that Luke wasn’t even worried what Mando would think if something bad had happened to Grogu.

It seems that Luke wasn’t even worried what Mando would think if something bad had happened to Grogu.
Grogu probably sensed the growing evil in Luke's heart so he put on the chainmail and went to confront him in the middle of the night. In a brief moment of pure instinct he ignited Yoda's lightsaber and the last thing he saw were the frightened eyes of his Jedi Master. With shame and consequence he hijacked the X-Wing and fled to the most remote planet he could think of.

:lol

I'm fine with assuming that Luke meditated in the Force and was led to realize that the best outcome would be for Grogu to go alone. If Luke went then he would have been drawn into the battle, singlehandedly put down the Pykes and their droids, and Tatooine would have no lasting savior after he departed. If it was a "reckless" choice well then it wouldn't be his first and Yoda was calling Obi-Wan that 20 years into his training, lol.
I could see why Luke had confidence in sending grogu alone with R2…

EA7DACCD-6BE2-4B77-9CEC-BEACAF623C40.jpeg

Yeah, I don't see how this makes Luke a jerk in any way whatsoever. They clearly didn't have the budget and/or time to do any more with Luke in this series, so while I think the choice to bring back Grogu in this manner reflects poorly on the showrunners (better IMO to have DD go fetch him at the start of The Mandalorian Season 3), it's not a black mark against Luke. In fact, Grogu's decision (& Luke's reaction to it) happening off-screen allows us (for now) to interpret it as we like. Some will conclude Luke was a jerk, others may choose to believe Luke might have had second thoughts about his Jedi Academy admissions policies. I mean, it's not like he had dozens of applicants with Grogu's qualifications. :lol

I think this will be revisited at some point in Season 3.

p.s. - Grogu was perfectly safe with R2. We all know that R2 was really the one that took the shot that destroyed the original Death Star. His being damaged during the trench run was just a ruse so Luke could get the glory and sleep with his sister. He shot R2 with his blaster before they returned to base to mimic his being hit by an Imperial fighter.

Now that BOBF confirmed that Cad Bane not only was alive all through the OT but apparently still the fastest draw in the galaxy (Fett himself seemingly concedes this) it now retroactively begs the question as to why Bane wasn't standing on the bridge of the Executor in ESB. Since they already butchered ESB with TM's voice I actually wouldn't mind if they went back and added him to line of bounty hunters.

Right, cause they are walking back Grogus choice.
Grogu's implied will (as much as a child can convey) was to have both, we are told he wants to be with (and reaches out to) his kind. This yearning, manifests Luke.
Who he willingly reaches out for and goes to.
Yet also wants his father's approval.
This is all a natural instinct to want both.
It's what's denied and examined in the fall of Anakin, then again in Luke who never surrenders to an ultimatum, and instead brings about the rerun of the Jedi his way.
So what is his way? Luke himself recognized and chose both, not give up his connections to his friends, or father (despite what the old Masters wanted).
In doing so brings about the means to save his father, and reinvents what it is to be a Jedi- his way.
His goal now is to pass on what he has learned.
Yes Grogu is distracted, wants to see and connect with his father.
Why would Luke now betray his own instinct, his own learned experience, and make Grogu choose one or the other.

If they show Grogu was in fact allowed to choose both great!
If not Luke comes off as the worst hypocrite.

Last edited:
Back