The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The creativity and originality of this show is just too good to be true :lol

Mando probably had to remind Boba Fett that he could fly with a jetpack lol..

65dh43.jpg

cold
blooded
killer
There we have it. That description linked with guyver's GIF. There's just no way. The man in this show was never a cold blooded killer. Either it's not the same individual or he it is but they're retconning it that Fett faked his entire reputation.

So something huge just happened.
Sonic the hedgehog 3 is confirmed way before the release of sonic 2. Shows how much they have faith in my blue boy.
Sorry I know this is a star wars thread but I thought I’d share.

Maybe BF was pretending to be a cold blooded killer, just like he pretended to be a Mandalorian, or a Crime Lord. The man knew nothing about being a criminal boss or the criminal underworld it seemed. It makes sense.

Then there ARE people who either never got what they wanted to see (Luke) or who actually enjoy the nostalgia. I was more or less arguing with someone last year over SW feeling tired, to me, and that Mando should have stayed a breath of fresh air and out on the Outer Rim and as far away from the Skywalkers etc. as possible. It was a very polite argument/discussion and the opposing opinion was emotional in the right way e.g. I had the impression that for this person, it was the last time to see things onscreen - or a version of it - from their childhood and it meant a lot. I can respect that even if it was nothing I wanted from Mandalorian, outside of nods to original material here and there (like 2 seasons in, we got Ahsoka, but we don't even know what Moff Gideon's motivations are really - is he working for himself? Thrawn?:mad:)
Nostalgia, in and of itself, isn't bad. Same for cameo appearances. If used in service of the story, to really accentuate some aspect of it, those things can be great. But when those are used for nothing more than pandering to get an audience response, then it becomes like bubble gum to me: tastes great at first, but when that flavor rush dissipates and you're left just mindlessly chewing out of habit, that's when it's time to spit it out.

Luke showed up in the previous episode, and I loved it. But I loved it because I assumed it was the beginning of a broader payoff for spending all of Mando season 2 getting Grogu in touch with a Jedi. Nope! The finale took the setup and had Luke put the child *unaccompanied* on an X-Wing to be delivered (somehow) to Din. That's it. An entire season spent finding a home for Grogu, then one episode (of a Boba Fett show!) spent determining that he needs to go back to Din.

And Grogu was sent back carelessly, irresponsibly, and absurdly with no explanation from Luke about how sometimes home needs to be where the heart is. Instead, it was basically an unspoken message to Din like: "I know you risked your life repeatedly to get this child into my care, but I'm just gonna send him back by way of a reckless mechanic I've never met with the full expectation that he'll be delivered safely to you as you fight a turf war on my home planet." What the actual ****!?

As for cameos: what was the purpose of Ahsoka and Cad Bane? If the story needed Din to not interact with Grogu, how hard would it have been to have Luke come out of some hut while Grogu was sleeping inside to have the same conversation that Ahsoka had? It would've meant more because those two are the ones Grogu is caught between, and they *should* have interacted to understand where each other is coming from. But nope, gotta stick Ahsoka in there to pander. Giving no explanation for how she knows Luke's whereabouts, and no context for their interactions.

And then Cad Bane. He shows up to shoot Cobb Vanth in order to dissuade the Freetown people from getting involved. Say what!? If there's one thing a 70-year-old assassin should know, it's that revenge is a thing. :lol Then he comes back after the Pykes have lost and given up. For what? Why is he bothering with Fett at that point when the war is over? Just to be used again someday after he recovers from the slight inconvenience of being stabbed through the chest.

Awful all around. Tons of pointless stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nostalgia, in and of itself, isn't bad. Same for cameo appearances. If used in service of the story, to really accentuate some aspect of it, those things can be great. But when those are used for nothing more than pandering to get an audience response, then it becomes like bubble gum to me: tastes great at first, but when that flavor rush dissipates and you're left just mindlessly chewing out of habit, that's when it's time to spit it out.

Luke showed up in the previous episode, and I loved it. But I loved it because I assumed it was the beginning of a broader payoff for spending all of Mando season 2 getting Grogu in touch with a Jedi. Nope! The finale took the setup and had Luke put the child *unaccompanied* on an X-Wing to be delivered (somehow) to Din. That's it. An entire season spent finding a home for Grogu, then one episode (of a Boba Fett show!) spent determining that he needs to go back to Din.

And Grogu was sent back carelessly, irresponsibly, and absurdly with no explanation from Luke about how sometimes home needs to be where the heart is. Instead, it was basically an unspoken message to Din like: "I know you risked your life repeatedly to get this child into my care, but I'm just gonna send him back by way of a reckless mechanic I've never met with the full expectation that he'll be delivered safely to you as you fight a turf war on my home planet." What the actual ****!?

As for cameos: what was the purpose of Ahsoka and Cad Bane? If the story needed Din to not interact with Grogu, how hard would it have been to have Luke come out of some hut while Grogu was sleeping inside to have the same conversation that Ahsoka had? It would've meant more because those two are the ones Grogu is caught between, and they *should* have interacted to understand where each other is coming from. But nope, gotta stick Ahsoka in there to pander. Giving no explanation for how she knows Luke's whereabouts, and no context for their interactions.

And then Cad Bane. He shows up to shoot Cobb Vanth in order to dissuade the Freetown people from getting involved. Say what!? If there's one thing a 70-year-old assassin should know, it's that revenge is a thing. :lol Then he comes back after the Pykes have lost and given up. For what? Why is he bothering with Fett at that point when the war is over? Just to be used again someday after he recovers from the slight inconvenience of being stabbed through the chest.

Awful all around. Tons of pointless stuff.

Back