The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before locked doors. Before vespas, lol.
giphy.webp

From what I've seen it's mostly positive in comments sections on twitter and facebook. Anyone critical gets dived on.

Although any articles or youtube videos I see are negative.
Which is precisely why we're going to keep getting more of the same. The formula of nostalgia callbacks + cameo appearances + huge spectacle action sequences does what's needed to keep people satisfied. Writers don't need to worry about logic, narrative integrity, character motivation, or anything that used to be required for quality storytelling. The fanbase will just keep watching (and even applauding) anyway, as long as the creators continue following the formula.

While I'm glad that plenty of fans apparently enjoyed it, I don't think I'll ever be able to understand how that's even possible. Boba Fett was turned into a complete idiot... and fans cheer. The motive for change away from his cold worldview is attributed to being saved by Tuskens who *enslaved* and beat him... and fans cheer. A crime lord conducts his business by stopping crime and doing nothing else... fans cheer. A Rancor died once from a gate closing on him; now a baby Rancor can get shot repeatedly by laser cannons that obliterated a tank moments earlier... cheers. A battle that made no sense whatsoever on any level at all... cheers.

I don't remember ever being more embarrassed at SW than I was by this finale, and yet so many others seem to have actually been pleased! My Bizarro World keeps turning in the opposite direction. Confusing times, man. Confusing times.

I feel like that gif is a good example of some of Khev's justifications... Hey guys, I got a great new bike and its fantastic. I peddle, it moves; perfect! And its much easier to store.

I believe he's sincere. But it doesn't mean its truly a great bike.

Last edited:
Boba Fett was turned into a complete idiot... and fans cheer. The motive for change away from his cold worldview is attributed to being saved by Tuskens who *enslaved* and beat him... and fans cheer. A crime lord conducts his business by stopping crime and doing nothing else... fans cheer. A Rancor died once from a gate closing on him; now a baby Rancor can get shot repeatedly by laser cannons that obliterated a tank moments earlier... cheers. A battle that made no sense whatsoever on any level at all... cheers.

This is how Star Wars dies... to thunderous cheers.

Which is precisely why we're going to keep getting more of the same. The formula of nostalgia callbacks + cameo appearances + huge spectacle action sequences does what's needed to keep people satisfied. Writers don't need to worry about logic, narrative integrity, character motivation, or anything that used to be required for quality storytelling. The fanbase will just keep watching (and even applauding) anyway, as long as the creators continue following the formula.

While I'm glad that plenty of fans apparently enjoyed it, I don't think I'll ever be able to understand how that's even possible. Boba Fett was turned into a complete idiot... and fans cheer. The motive for change away from his cold worldview is attributed to being saved by Tuskens who *enslaved* and beat him... and fans cheer. A crime lord conducts his business by stopping crime and doing nothing else... fans cheer. A Rancor died once from a gate closing on him; now a baby Rancor can get shot repeatedly by laser cannons that obliterated a tank moments earlier... cheers. A battle that made no sense whatsoever on any level at all... cheers.

I don't remember ever being more embarrassed at SW than I was by this finale, and yet so many others seem to have actually been pleased! My Bizarro World keeps turning in the opposite direction. Confusing times, man. Confusing times.

Just in case anyone needed yet another reason to hate Disney/Lucasfilm Star Wars. I'll have to watch until Mando season 3 I think but I'm really close to tapping out completely. The Fett show was really that awful.

https://comicbook.com/starwars/news/star-wars-han-leia-honeymoon-galactic-starcruiser/

Fett’s and Fennec’s child will be named Batuu lol

It wasn't flat out stated, but I think the show made it plenty clear that Fett is impotent.

If Fennec has a child I think it's pretty clear that she used her tricky sexual innuendo to seduce Mando in a moment of weakness after he was exiled, the only question is whether or not he kept his helmet on...

While I'm glad that plenty of fans apparently enjoyed it,
I'm not. It's not that I don't want them to have enjoyment, it's that their wholly uncritical consumption of poor product ensures more poor product. And I don't want to be associated with that kind of fandom. If I wanted that kind of tarnish on my rep I'd hang out with Furries.

I don't remember ever being more embarrassed at SW than I was by this finale, and yet so many others seem to have actually been pleased!
Me on my way out the door leaving the fandom behind:

Just in case anyone needed yet another reason to hate Disney/Lucasfilm Star Wars. I'll have to watch until Mando season 3 I think but I'm really close to tapping out completely. The Fett show was really that awful.

https://comicbook.com/starwars/news/star-wars-han-leia-honeymoon-galactic-starcruiser/
Wow. The shameless tie-ins probably won't stay confined to the books. :slap

At least now we know that their marriage was doomed from the start. Getting ripped off with a crappy "Starcruiser experience" right out of the gate on the honeymoon? That's rough. :lol

It wasn't flat out stated, but I think the show made it plenty clear that Fett is impotent.

If Fennec has a child I think it's pretty clear that she used her tricky sexual innuendo to seduce Mando in a moment of weakness after he was exiled, the only question is whether or not he kept his helmet on...
Helmet on, both able to watch the hockey game...if you catch my meaning ;)

Yeah, but you're also talking about some fans who are young; or who can't stay off their phones more than 15 minutes.

Then there ARE people who either never got what they wanted to see (Luke) or who actually enjoy the nostalgia. I was more or less arguing with someone last year over SW feeling tired, to me, and that Mando should have stayed a breath of fresh air and out on the Outer Rim and as far away from the Skywalkers etc. as possible. It was a very polite argument/discussion and the opposing opinion was emotional in the right way e.g. I had the impression that for this person, it was the last time to see things onscreen - or a version of it - from their childhood and it meant a lot. I can respect that even if it was nothing I wanted from Mandalorian, outside of nods to original material here and there (like 2 seasons in, we got Ahsoka, but we don't even know what Moff Gideon's motivations are really - is he working for himself? Thrawn?:mad:)

Whatever the issues, Lucas was the original visionary and re-watching the ILM vid on the Crest - people who worked on the original films. The day will come when all of that is gone, like Peter Jackson pretty much being burnt out on Middle Earth.

I'm wary; but not ready to throw it all out just yet. It may well be for all these shows since being Filoni'd/Clone War'd, I spend time just cherry picking moments or episodes I like.

I know certain things are THERE - like I still think Grogu beaming his presence to the universe was stupid, :pfft: and crawling across the sand in a onesy didn't do Fett any favors; but not willing to throw in the towel.

Overall, tho, I'd say I like both series better than TROS, writing-wise. To me Boba Fett had an arc, tho getting there may have been clumsily done. (I guess you could argue that Rey & co. had arcs, but it was all so forced and clunky). Anyway I'd like to believe rumors that Mando Season 3 "will get back to basics" but I've been lied to before by Favreau even:monkey2 "new characters, in a way we've never seen them before....".

Yeah well Fett isn't new; and I don't remember ever wanting to see Fett in a dirty undersuit; or a deepfaked Luke but here we are. Srsly some vid I watched said even Luke's voice was computer generated, tho I didn't spot that in TBOBF. But there was some cool stuff too. Again, supposedly TBOBF was supposed to be "lighter" tho don't remember anyone asking for that. :google

Back