The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Khev and AJP…I’ve got work to do today, I can’t possibly read all of this, plus this season is over…

8B9AF95E-713A-4624-A1D8-37B5946EEA58.jpeg

I wonder if it feels kinda weird having figures of yourself

View attachment 563341
Who doesn't want to play with themselves?

I've gotta say though, I feel bad for the guy. I don't think he pushed for any of the dumb nonsense in the show. He was cast because he was badass in Once Were Warriors, and Disney turned him into this joke. I don't think he's a bad actor either or completely wooden, he just had jack to work with. It's the Prequels and Hayden all over again. It wasn't that Christensen was awful, it was that Lucas was literally trying to write a stunted autist and make it work as a Play/Tragedy and fumbled on making it a film.

Maybe he'll get to suit up in a badass Altantean suit in Aquaman 2. At least that movie delivered on mindless kick-ass spectacle.

aquaman-jason-momoa.gif

It pains me that Namor won't be half as cool... Whatever, I can headcanon the names and enjoy Aquaman as Namor and ignore MCU Namor.

Who doesn't want to play with themselves?

I've gotta say though, I feel bad for the guy. I don't think he pushed for any of the dumb nonsense in the show. He was cast because he was badass in Once Were Warriors, and Disney turned him into this joke. I don't think he's a bad actor either or completely wooden, he just had jack to work with. It's the Prequels and Hayden all over again. It wasn't that Christensen was awful, it was that Lucas was literally trying to write a stunted autist and make it work as a Play/Tragedy and fumbled on making it a film.

Maybe he'll get to suit up in a badass Altantean suit in Aquaman 2. At least that movie delivered on mindless kick-ass spectacle.

aquaman-jason-momoa.gif

It pains me that Namor won't be half as cool... Whatever, I can headcanon the names and enjoy Aquaman as Namor and ignore MCU Namor.
There's probably only so much an actor can do.

Wasn't thrilled with Infinity War anyway, one reason being an often tepid script thanks to the multiple directors involved. Like when Okoye sez "then it will be the noblest end in history" zzzzzzzzzz nobody could do better than that?

So we have Boba going "then we prepare for war" zzzzzzzzz. Well the grocery list of foul-ups with this series has been hilariously detailed but I wouldn't object to having Morrison back. I'd like to see what he does with a different director.

There's probably only so much an actor can do.

Wasn't thrilled with Infinity War anyway, one reason being an often tepid script thanks to the multiple directors involved. Like when Okoye sez "then it will be the noblest end in history" zzzzzzzzzz nobody could do better than that?

So we have Boba going "then we prepare for war" zzzzzzzzz. Well the grocery list of foul-ups with this series has been hilariously detailed but I wouldn't object to having Morrison back. I'd like to see what he does with a different director.
I liked Infinity War more than Endgame. I think. I've only seen them once when each hit the net in HD. Whatever, none of them were as epic as they could've been. The Infinity Saga wasn't 1/10th as epic as the comic sources. Better than the majority of the MCU, but too CGI-y.

Maybe someone could salvage Beta Fatt in Mando S3 and turn him back into Boba Fett, but too much damage has been done. I was never his biggest fan so I don't "care" beyond finding it all a great source of laughter. I just feel bad for Morisson and hope he gets another chance.

BOBF provided a fun excuse to go back through my PT art books. Here's a pic of the two page spread featuring the previously unused Annihilator Droid concepts from Episode II.

20220218_221409.jpg

And originally George wanted Mos Espa to be reminiscent of the Lars Homestead with it being largely in a pit but on a city-wide scale.

20220218_220615.jpg

So it's cool that they got to finally bring that idea to life as well.

I agree. HOWEVER

The portals opening and the standoff before the fight, will forever make me smile. That was good.
giphy.gif

Imagine being placated so easily. I WANTED A BIG CASTLE WITH A SKULL ON IT... IN SPACE!

jDbrd.jpg

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, I WANTED EVA GREEN AS BIG-TITTY DEATH!

775w29l6paj11.jpg

Thanos' motivation would be a lot better if he just wanted to **** Eva Green and worship Death.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The more I think about his MCU motivation, the dumber it gets. Good thing I'm not invested in the MCU versions at all and I just get the dollies to represent my comic favourites. My Thanos will be paired with Adam Warlock when he arrives. Dunno if I'll keep the two of them together or expand it to a greater Cosmic shelf, with Kang, Annihilus and the such. I figure those would fit the FF shelf more. Dunno, it depends on what we get and what I buy. We'll see, we still have movies to go.

*lobs pumpkin bomb into thread*

I turned off Infinity War 20-30 minutes in. I was just like NOPE, and off it went. Fite me. lol
Yeah I know IW made millions etc. But not what I was expecting or wanted at all. To me having multiple directors involved really showed and not in a good way. I was trapped in a theater might have been opening day. Midway through with Gamora's second or third dribbly mundane speech I gave up. Might have been salvaged if the Wakanda battle was more than a blip but a Helm's Deep type fight it wasn't.

Then there was End Game with more rehash. There's moments I like from both films but it's nothing I wanna rewatch and I haven't. But, the Russos have said one of their biggest regrets was not having more time with IW.

Lol so much as I like Mandalorian the show already slid into the Filoni verse season 2. Even TBOBF didn't escape Filoni's pet Ahsoka. It'll be a miracle if we get through all these SW series without a final scene of a blobby jellyfish Palps reconstituting like congealing bacon grease cackling away and burbling about the Dark Side or a shot of Luke with toddler Kylo. Maybe toddler Kylo's eyes will glow red.

giphy.gif

Imagine being placated so easily. I WANTED A BIG CASTLE WITH A SKULL ON IT... IN SPACE!

jDbrd.jpg

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, I WANTED EVA GREEN AS BIG-TITTY DEATH!

775w29l6paj11.jpg

Thanos' motivation would be a lot better if he just wanted to **** Eva Green and worship Death.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The more I think about his MCU motivation, the dumber it gets. Good thing I'm not invested in the MCU versions at all and I just get the dollies to represent my comic favourites. My Thanos will be paired with Adam Warlock when he arrives. Dunno if I'll keep the two of them together or expand it to a greater Cosmic shelf, with Kang, Annihilus and the such. I figure those would fit the FF shelf more. Dunno, it depends on what we get and what I buy. We'll see, we still have movies to go.

Will this be the pose you go with…

1645267556553.gif

Will this be the pose you go with…

View attachment 563386
AH!

astartes-warhammer.gif

Don't scare me like that man... If he has a mask that covers that goofy face, I'm keeping that. Otherwise it's a spare Bale head. As for the pose, I'll probably go for a simple 'arms behind back' look.

ZEdYTS6orEyC96fnqXraUE.jpg

But I have no idea where specifically I'd put him. It depends on just what exactly we get from the Cosmic side, where they take the FF and so on. It's too early to speculate. Either way, I keep all of my figures in their boxes until a display is at least 3/5ths ready.

Back