The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I certainly would like to see a more "whimsical" Joker over the tired gory edgelord that's been the staple for the last two decades or so. It'd be a breath of fresh air.

8lB2zigsTeWybcEOtaOUcXU9PQQGQOxecfSRDud0BfQ.jpg

I love me some Martin Sheen in general. I caught him in a random recent Christmas flick (Last Train To Christmas) and he was a delight. He'd make a great classic Joker.
i love all the different jokers we’ve gotten so far but a “classic” or more lighthearted take like btas and some of the comics would be cool. doesn’t mean it can’t be a serious take but it would be fun to see a joker like that on the big screen.

look at joker from btas/motp/arkham games he’s got that fun less edgy side while still being dark
look at joker from btas/motp/arkham games he’s got that fun less edgy side while still being dark
Exactly. He can still be a threat, just more theatrical. Tone down the Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibes.

Exactly. He can still be a threat, just more theatrical. Tone down the Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibes.
:exactly:

i guess they tried that in a way with leto, who i think was a decent joker for the way the movie felt, an hour and a half long music video featuring the squad. :lol if you take away some of his design and really look at his attitude he was more “fun” the the others we’ve seen. meaning he was more nicholson than ledger/phoenix.

didn’t make him a great joker by any means but that’s kind of the writings fault. :lol

i did like him in ZSJL, but not enough to want to see him again.

Outside of Mando S1/S2 the MCU became my modern SW it provided me the most CONSISTENT entertainment value even more so than the ST which I actually enjoyed but those 3 SW movies can’t compete pound for pound with the thrill and excitement those 27 MCU movies brought to the masses.

Had it not been for Mando S1/S2 saving SW the brand was being left in the dust by the MCU.

NWH was the 27th movie and it still connected with fans no other franchise can say that not SW not Bond not anything.

Is the MCU perfect?

Is SW!

Last edited:
I certainly would like to see a more "whimsical" Joker over the tired gory edgelord that's been the staple for the last two decades or so. It'd be a breath of fresh air.

8lB2zigsTeWybcEOtaOUcXU9PQQGQOxecfSRDud0BfQ.jpg

I love me some Martin Sheen in general. I caught him in a random recent Christmas flick (Last Train To Christmas) and he was a delight. He'd make a great classic Joker.
He's a great actor. He can do fun schlock, drama and comfy entertainment. I like h- Oh ****. Yeah, now I get it, I messed up the names. Alright, I admit it.

my-head-is-so-stupid-david-tennant.gif
What was you thinking of Charlie Sheen?

anime.gif

dkv.gif

I honestly think anyone can play a decent Joker. Wesley Snipes did it in Demolition Man. Christopher Lloyd would have been good too if given a chance.

William Dafoe would be a good classic Joker.

A young Jack Nicholson would have been even better than his 89 self.

Ledger was the most unexpected choice, and he wasn't even physically right for the role, but his look and take on the role were so cool that it made it its own thing.

Phoenix looked the most like the joker without the makeup ironically. I wouldn't call him a classic comic joker either.

There's an endless list of actors that could play the role.

Outside of Mando S1/S2 the MCU became my modern SW it provided me the most CONSISTENT entertainment value even more so than the ST which I actually enjoyed but those 3 SW movies can’t compete pound for pound with the thrill and excitement those 27 MCU movies brought to the masses.

Had it not been for Mando S1/S2 saving SW the brand was being left in the dust by the MCU.

NWH was the 27th movie and it still connected with fans no other franchise can say that not SW not Bond not anything.

Is the MCU perfect?

Is SW!
neither are perfect at all, and i agree. as much as i love sw.

mcu>sw it just has so much rewatch ability and there’s more than 9 good movies and shows in the entire mcu (compared to sw 5 or so movies and 2 seasons of a good show).

I honestly think anyone can play a decent Joker. Wesley Snipes did it in Demolition Man. Christopher Lloyd would have been good too if given a chance.

Ledger was the most unexpected choice, and he wasn't even physically right for the role, but his look and take on the role were so cool that it made it its own thing.

Phoenix looked the most like the joker without the makeup ironically. I wouldn't call him a classic comic joker either.

I disagree. Lots of actors have played over the top villains and have been bad at it. Cannot blame everything on writing. George C. Scott as the Joker would be horrific. It just happens to be a lot of emo actors that fit the bill of weirdos lately, but it doesn't mean they would be good actors in that role.

neither are perfect at all, and i agree. as much as i love sw.

mcu>sw it just has so much rewatch ability and there’s more than 9 good movies and shows in the entire mcu (compared to sw 5 or so movies and 2 seasons of a good show).
3 SW movies. Some would argue 2. Don't make that mistake again as the inferior beings on this board will use that to fuel their justification of the PT and ST.

anyone could play the role, but it takes a lot to be as good as phoenix, ledger or nicholson. it’s been a “prestige” role for more than a decade now, that’s what separates the actor from the role i guess when it comes to casting joker.

I disagree. Lots of actors have played over the top villains and have been bad at it. Cannot blame everything on writing. George C. Scott as the Joker would be horrific. It just happens to be a lot of emo actors that fit the bill of weirdos lately, but it doesn't mean they would be good actors in that role.

Young George C Scott would be a great 1940's Golden Age Joker.

3 SW movies. Some would argue 2. Don't make that mistake again as the inferior beings on this board will use that to fuel their justification of the PT and ST.
3 just the OT?
i like revenge, force awakens.

.. i guess i didn’t even consider the spin-offs solo and rogue 1.
for me ot, revenge, tfa, r1 are the “best” but that doesn’t mean i don’t find enjoyment out of the others.

Back