The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always feel bad that folks only remember Tony’s sacrifice…
… when HULK was the one to snap half of reality back into existence.

He’s the greatest hero in the universe and I have yet to see a statue in his honor.
Never mind that, a lot of Wakandan and Asgardian Red Shirts gave their lives in that battle but people are too busy living happily ever after!

I always feel bad that folks only remember Tony’s sacrifice…
… when HULK was the one to snap half of reality back into existence.

He’s the greatest hero in the universe and I have yet to see a statue in his honor.
True, in-universe they really need to make more of a big deal about that.

In our universe though we couldn't help but be let down by the lack of Hulk Smash action.

Major goosebumps seeing that just now with the reaction.

But this is why I was confused by you sort of diminishing the MCU in favour of Star Wars the other day. And other people calling it 'fluff' - how does fluff get that kind of audience reaction? Fluff wouldn't deserve it. This did deserve it. There was years worth of buildup to that. People truly engaged with it.
a-dev to khev…

1645629310957.gif

Major goosebumps seeing that just now with the reaction.

But this is why I was confused by you sort of diminishing the MCU in favour of Star Wars the other day.
I don't diminish the anticipation of each new Marvel movie leading all the way up to EG or the theatrical experiences themselves, *especially* the Cap trilogy, IW, EG, and most recently NWH.

But even with those in some instances unparalleled theatrical experiences I still don't find myself having the same urge to revisit them nearly as often as I do even the lesser SW entries like the PT. Or collect merch, or even ponder the characters, setting, or narrative like I do with SW and even many other IP's like LOTR, Matrix, ALIENS, Terminator, and so on. When I said that there was seemingly a certain "emptiness" with regard to the MCU it's basically an aspect of "out of sight out of mind." Like when I'm not watching the films they just don't occupy my thoughts and I can't help but wonder what it is about those movies that is responsible for that. As I said it's hard to articulate.

Because when I do revisit them (*especially* IW/EG) I love them all over again. IW is a Top 10 film (maybe close to Top 5) when I'm watching it but afterward...I don't know. There's just something lacking that is hard to put my finger on.

Last edited:
I don’t know if we’ll ever get something like that again in my lifetime. Over 23 films built towards a big epic finale. A cast of nearly 40 recognizable faces. And it had to please and satisfy millions of fans with wildly differing opinions and favorite installments, while also being consistent with them all. That’s insane pressure.

And. they. pulled. it. off.

My theater lost it, over and over and over, as each scene delivered. I remember every old internet speculation of if Cap could lift the hammer, if he’d say “the line”, if they could really get this big collaboration off the ground. Earlier than that, the questions of whether Guardians was too obscure to succeed. Thor too weird. Black Panther too niche. Cap America too old-fashioned. And every time they pulled it off.

I wanted this:
main-qimg-49a13cab2d7b8f23c2556cd32c119c0f

They went beyond:
3jbyjxdkzhd31.jpg

That's a cool looking blown up parking lot. And to think, there's people shopping at a Walmart next door while this battle for the universe is taking place. :lol

"Hulk" should have gone to the Walmart instead. He would have been more helpful over there.

I don't diminish the anticipation of each new Marvel movie leading all the way up to EG or the theatrical experiences themselves, *especially* the Cap trilogy, IW, EG, and most recently NWH.

But even with those in some instances unparalleled theatrical experiences I still don't find myself having the same urge to revisit them nearly as often as I do even the lesser SW entries like the PT. Or collect merch, or even ponder the characters, setting, or narrative like I do with SW and even many other IP's like LOTR, Matrix, Alita, and so on. When I said that there was seemingly a certain "emptiness" with regard to the MCU it's basically an aspect of "out of sight out of mind." Like when I'm not watching the films they just don't occupy my thoughts and I can't help but wonder what it is about those movies that is responsible for that. As I said it's hard to articulate.

Because when I do revisit them (*especially* IW/EG) I love them all over again. IW is a Top 10 film (maybe close to Top 5) when I'm watching it but afterward...I don't know. There's just something lacking that is hard to put my finger on.
pfft MCU didn’t trick me into opening my wallet…,

Spoiler Spoiler:

But even with those in some instances unparalleled theatrical experiences I still don't find myself having the same urge to revisit them nearly as often as I do even the lesser SW entries like the PT. Or collect merch, or even ponder the characters, setting, or narrative like I do with SW and even many other IP's like LOTR, Matrix, ALIENS, Terminator, and so on. When I said that there was seemingly a certain "emptiness" with regard to the MCU it's basically an aspect of "out of sight out of mind." Like when I'm not watching the films they just don't occupy my thoughts and I can't help but wonder what it is about those movies that is responsible for that. As I said it's hard to articulate.

Perhaps you subconsciously require to rewatch the full story every time - more easily done with Star Wars where there are far fewer movies (assuming you aren't counting TV shows, animated and live action). The MCU is a larger amount of interconnected movies some of which will be based around characters you are much less interested in than others. Part of you would want to watch them anyway to get the whole Infinity Saga story again and yet you're just not inclined to do that or have the time to commit. Oh you can watch IW and EG in isolation and love them all over again as you said but then it seems this high fades again - maybe because you hadn't watched the full story and it's not possible to do so in a short enough timeframe.

I think TBOBF could be much improved by editing. There are a lot of scenes and dialog (that aren’t necessary for the story) that could be taken out. The series would be shorter for sure, the pacing would be quicker and Boba would come out looking a lot better.

I think TBOBF could be much improved by editing. There are a lot of scenes and dialog (that aren’t necessary for the story) that could be taken out. The series would be shorter for sure, the pacing would be quicker and Boba would come out looking a lot better.
Could work as a 2 hour movie. Cut out all the crap and rework some of the Mando stuff into Mando S3. Should have an OK movie there.

Yep. I feel the same way.

They are perfect examples of Junk Food cinema. Taste great while eating it but no nutritional value afterwards

There is no real "World" building in the MCU. You can go deep with Star Wars and LOTR. Even Terminator and Alien have this "World" building experience you have with the films. So your imagination is not as engaged.

Its strange because there is Wakanda and the other planets in GOTG and Asgard... But I don't give any of them a 2nd thought.

As much as I love the MCU if anyone was to ask me to pick one franchise, I had to throw away out of SW, ALIENS, Terminator, LOTR, Matrix or MCU... Matrix would be the one I toss... But MCU comes in 2nd. With all their films nothing touches the OT, SW, LOTR, ALIEN, ALIENS, and The Terminator.

Yep. I feel the same way.

They are perfect examples of Junk Food cinema. Taste great while eating it but no nutritional value afterwards
Good description. But junk food's delicious every now and then.

Its strange because there is Wakanda and the other planets in GOTG and Asgard... But I don't give any of them a 2nd thought.
They're not really *that* distinct from everywhere else in the MCU, maybe.

As much as I love the MCU if anyone was to ask me to pick one franchise, I had to throw away out of SW, ALIENS, Terminator, LOTR, Matrix or MCU... Matrix would be the one I toss... But MCU comes in 2nd. With all their films nothing touches the OT, SW, LOTR, ALIEN, ALIENS, and The Terminator.
As much as I recognize how good T1 and T2 are I can do without them. Matrix franchise a close second ... not sure where to put the MCU as it's a giant tub of standalone buttered popcorn.

Back