The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m biased, as Ming-Na Wen is a treasure, but, yeah, her wiping the whole den out from the shadows was the kind of edge and awesome I hoped the whole series would’ve been.

I think Mark Hamill’s performances in all 3 OT films deserved at least Oscar nominations. IMO he’s one of the most underrated actors of his generation. Heartbreaking to see how the character that he helped evolve for so many years got treated with such contempt in the ST. You could see in every ST promotional interview that he was so dejected about how it all played out. A very sad and pathetic end to a truly great SW character.
MH in the OT is a kind of immortality - enjoyed decades ago, enjoyed now, enjoyed in 20, 50 years.

All that ST stuff is already pretty much forgotten, even only a few years later.

While a few aspects of the PT did become iconic SW, I'd argue that nothing from the ST has, or ever will, become iconic SW.

MH in the OT is a kind of immortality - enjoyed decades ago, enjoyed now, enjoyed in 20, 50 years.

All that ST stuff is already pretty much forgotten, even only a few years later.

While a few aspects of the PT did become iconic SW, I'd argue that nothing from the ST has, or ever will, become iconic SW.
mmmmm, The PT junk only really became iconic as the memes started and the kids that saw it young matured.

I think the ST will see the same as the kids that saw it grow up. I have said this many times. The PT is utter trash, way worse than the ST, simpley because the acting and dialogue was terrible. BUT I also understand that people , especially those that saw it at the right age, love it….

My kids love the ST. And its because it hit them at the right time in their lives.

Its pretty week documented that OT fans hated the PT (as theh were mostly grownups when it came out) and the PT ans OT fans that didnt kike the ST were now grown up also.

I think the new D+ series are trying to straddle that audience , something for the kids, while trying to maintain and adult audience as well…..tough line to try to straddle.

Hmmmm. I don't find the action in BB that great. I mean you either can't tell what is happening or it's a tad goofy. I hate that the film is very real world fealing and then the final 30 min feels like Batman 89, Ive warmed up to that but there is nothing in that film that is as memorable as the Tumbler/batpod chase in TDK. And there is nothing more Batman then when he is able to save all the hostages and stop all the swat guys without killing or seriously hurting anyone in the scene. Great stuff. BB has the.. umm.. The part where... ahhhh... It does look awesome when he jumps down the stairway with all the bats.

Yes, Joker was the best part. But as the saying goes a story is only as good as its villain. I mean, Star Wars without Darth Vader? Lets face it the film would lose a lot.

To say the Joker saved TDK is a stretch since I am never bored when Joker is not on the screen.

I get the hate that the Nolan films get. BB and TDKR have their issues (BB because he basically does kill Raz, breaking his rule) But TDK is just about a perfect Batman/comic film. Ill never understand how people have turned their backs on that one.

TWS is really really good. The Nick Fury Car chase is the best action scene in all of Marvel.

Again I don't get the TDK disses.

I wish the end was better. Not a fan of the final fight between TWS and Cap.

The German computer exposition is ruff also. Some of Marvel's worst :lol

Otherwise its a great film.
Fair enough.

I still enjoy TDK it’s certainly not a bad movie by any means.

What an annoying audience reaction. I'm glad nothing like that happens over here.
I don’t agree with Aussie very often… But yeah that audience is awful. Just too much for too long.

people clapped at my showing but no screams and they ended their claps in an appropriate amount of time.

I don’t think that clip is of an American audience. They don’t sound it and the film has some kind of subtitles. Wherever it is I don’t want to watch movies there either.

I don't know, I just don't remember much of that film beyond a couple of scenes here and there, kind of how you feel about BB maybe. I don't think it's bad by any means, just didn't stay with me.

Maybe one of the reasons the MCU is massively interconnected is that I'll give this one flaw: they can't seem to end most of their films satisfactorily. :LOL:

I did like the way The Avengers ended, though. I think Iron Man may be a better film but the ending was a little lacking in my eyes, although it looked good.
I remember BB really well. I love the the film. IMO the action lacks the wow factor and yeah, the villains have nothing on the Joker.

MCU endings do fail often. Like you I do like how Avengers ended, I love the final fight between cap, ws, and IM in Civil War and Infinity War had a great climatic battle. I think I would like EG ending more if that climatic battle was not so visually unappealing. As a Hulk fan I love some moments in TIH but ultimately felt a little let down

But the rest leave a lot to be desired.

Lol at JAWS being mad that people are cheering for Cap. ;)

I honestly thought my crowd was even better and more loud than the one in that clip. :monkey3
Yeah, I’m still bitter :lol

Your audience went on for that long???? That’s just too much. I don’t mind some clapping and cheering but that was overkill.

people cheered when Hulk showed up in Infinity War, the blink and you miss it part in the beginning, and I found that corny. Of course that’s cause I had a good guess on the beat down that was coming.

Yeah, I’m still bitter :lol

Your audience went on for that long???? That’s just too much. I don’t mind some clapping and cheering but that was overkill.

people cheered when Hulk showed up in Infinity War, the blink and you miss it part in the beginning, and I found that corny. Of course that’s cause I had a good guess on the beat down that was coming.
People definitely weren't standing and waving their arms in the air. :lol

I just remember my audience erupting in cheers at all the right times and getting immediately quiet at all the right times too.

When Cap said "Avengers....." it was dead silent in the auditorium because every single person was waiting for him to finally say the word.

Going back to the MCU for a second nothing and I mean nothing will ever replicate experiencing this moment cold with a packed auditorium ever again.

JAWS be like

FDAWoCs.jpg

Khev

xRpvSGk.gif

But seriously, Hulk should have been part of that fight.

MWnFY1B.gif

Going back to the MCU for a second nothing and I mean nothing will ever replicate experiencing this moment cold with a packed auditorium ever again.

Major goosebumps seeing that just now with the reaction.

But this is why I was confused by you sort of diminishing the MCU in favour of Star Wars the other day. And other people calling it 'fluff' - how does fluff get that kind of audience reaction? Fluff wouldn't deserve it. This did deserve it. There was years worth of buildup to that. People truly engaged with it.

Last edited:
Major goosebumps seeing that just now with the reaction.

But this is why I was confused by you sort of diminishing the MCU in favour of Star Wars the other day. And other people calling it 'fluff' - how does fluff get that kind of audience reaction? Fluff wouldn't deserve it. This did deserve it. There was years worth of buildup to that. People truly engaged with it.
I don’t know if we’ll ever get something like that again in my lifetime. Over 23 films built towards a big epic finale. A cast of nearly 40 recognizable faces. And it had to please and satisfy millions of fans with wildly differing opinions and favorite installments, while also being consistent with them all. That’s insane pressure.

And. they. pulled. it. off.

My theater lost it, over and over and over, as each scene delivered. I remember every old internet speculation of if Cap could lift the hammer, if he’d say “the line”, if they could really get this big collaboration off the ground. Earlier than that, the questions of whether Guardians was too obscure to succeed. Thor too weird. Black Panther too niche. Cap America too old-fashioned. And every time they pulled it off.

I wanted this:
main-qimg-49a13cab2d7b8f23c2556cd32c119c0f

They went beyond:
3jbyjxdkzhd31.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t know if we’ll ever get something like that again in my lifetime. Over 23 films built towards a big epic finale. A cast of nearly 40 recognizable faces. And it had to please and satisfy millions of fans with wildly differing opinions and favorite installments, while also being consistent with them all. That’s insane pressure.

And. they. pulled. it. off.

My theater lost it, over and over and over, as each scene delivered. I remember every old internet speculation of if Cap could life the hammer, if he’d say “the line”, if they could really get this big collaboration off the ground. Earlier than that, the questions of whether Guardians was too obscure to succeed. Thor too weird. Black Panther too niche. Cap America too old-fashioned. And every time they pulled it off.

Yep, pretty sure I asked every one of those questions at one point.

I wanted this:
main-qimg-49a13cab2d7b8f23c2556cd32c119c0f

They went beyond:
3jbyjxdkzhd31.jpg
Very nice visual. I know Darthkostis wasn't happy with the setting but perhaps through my lack of knowledge of superior comic-based alternatives I was happy enough with the final battle and where it happened. My only disappointment was Hulk's poor showing and the lack of any Thanos rematch.

Yep, pretty sure I asked every one of those questions at one point.

Very nice visual. I know Darthkostis wasn't happy with the setting but perhaps through my lack of knowledge of superior comic-based alternatives I was happy enough with the final battle and where it happened. My only disappointment was Hulk's poor showing and the lack of any Thanos rematch.
I don't know, I guess you "had to be there" but what I've seen of Thanos' magic castle in the comics ... I prefer the parking lot. :chase

They really, really screwed up Hulk and Banner in general.

The Incredible Comic Relief amirite?

I don't know, I guess you "had to be there" but what I've seen of Thanos' magic castle in the comics ... I prefer the parking lot. :chase

They really, really screwed up Hulk and Banner in general.

The Incredible Comic Relief amirite?
I always feel bad that folks only remember Tony’s sacrifice…
… when HULK was the one to snap half of reality back into existence.

He’s the greatest hero in the universe and I have yet to see a statue in his honor.

Back