The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol

275756186_1951909984992787_4740754919605326228_n.jpg

This is for real….about Mando S3.

Sorry in advance to the ST haters lol

Spoiler Spoiler:
Please don't be true.

This is for real….about Mando S3.

Sorry in advance to the ST haters lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

giphy.gif

I’m telling you all… this stuff was being set up in the previous seasons.

They’re not going to disconnect it from the sequels. They’re going to leverage it to better fill in the current plotholes.

All roads lead to the ST apparently. I've tried to ignore the ST and enjoy Star Wars movies and shows as they are, for what they are, isolated from the ST, to ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist, but if Mandalorian season 3 is going to directly reference or lead into the ST, it's going to make it very hard to continue to pretend the ST doesn't exist and to try to enjoy the bits of modern Star Wars I do like.
Couldn't The Mandalorian have just been its own thing? Couldn't it just ignore the ST?
Well we'll just have to see how pervasive the ST elements are. Hopefully it won't be so much that it ruins the show. Hopefully it won't be a major plot point.
I was going to subscribe to D+ for Mando season 3. Might want to wait a bit longer than that, see how things play out.

I heard Disney is going to try something new with S2 BoBF.

They've done sequels, prequels, reboots and even re-imaginings... now, Disney is daring to improve the experience even further buy offering...

Do-Overs!

Yes, that's right. The Book of Boba Fett: Do-Over

Let's see if they get it right this time.

I heard Disney is going to try something new with S2 BoBF.

They've done sequels, prequels, reboots and even re-imaginings... now, Disney is daring to improve the experience even further buy offering...

Do-Overs!

Yes, that's right. The Book of Boba Fett: Do-Over

Let's see if they get it right this time.
You jest, but I'd pay good money for a ST Do-Over.
Finn-Star-Wars-Duel-of-Fates-Resistance-concept-art.jpg

I mention before how weird it is that other franchises out there - from Marvel & DC movies to James Bond to Lord of the Rings to Star Trek to Ninja Turtles - allow themselves the freedom to tell alternate universe tales, to reboot and redo and reshuffle and reinvent and sometimes even reflect on their legacies, but Star Wars is just hellbent that "everything must be canon" and there can't be alternate universe, despite the fact many of those alternate timelines are so much more beloved. It limits what creators can do, limits what fans are allowed to seek out, and locks in every bad decision that even good installments must either tip-toe around or address head-on.

I mention before how weird it is that other franchises out there - from Marvel & DC movies to James Bond to Lord of the Rings to Star Trek to Ninja Turtles - allow themselves the freedom to tell alternate universe tales, to reboot and redo and reshuffle and reinvent and sometimes even reflect on their legacies

I think this is the problem here, not the canon. SW is too self-referential, reverential even. Everything has to connect to everything else and there always has to be a nostalgic wink or nod.

And why did TBOBF need to get TM back when (a) the character is mainly popular because of his helmet, and (b) there have been multiple actors playing him. If they can recast Han or Obi-Wan they can recast Boba!

I took a nap today, and it was a kind of lucid dream situation where I was pretty much steering the narrative.

I essentially re-wrote Book of Boba Fett and made it really, really, really good.

Upon awakening, I immediately attempted to keep all the ideas and plot preserved, cause hey, the universe needs to hear this stuff.

In my version, Boba is not just a simple man making his way across the universe. He does what he does in order to be paid well, and then he enjoys the wealth he accrues. He's had threesomes with the most sensual alien species, snorting the finest spice off their naked bodies. He has rare and precious works of art stored in his private gallery aboard his ship. He's tasted delicacies from every corner of the galaxy. I actually thought that stuff was cool, and it would also explain why he's fat now.

But it all faded pretty quickly, and I also realized that in the roughly three decades that the internet has been widely used, the last thing it needs is one more nerd's Star Wars fan fiction.

Anyway, I can't remember any of the other details but I guarantee that everyone on this board would have enjoyed my version of the show better than the trash we got. Well, maybe not Khev, but he has weird tastes.

Oh Boba Fett. Why did Disney have to do you so dirty like that?

I took a nap today, and it was a kind of lucid dream situation where I was pretty much steering the narrative.

I essentially re-wrote Book of Boba Fett and made it really, really, really good.

Upon awakening, I immediately attempted to keep all the ideas and plot preserved, cause hey, the universe needs to hear this stuff.

In my version, Boba is not just a simple man making his way across the universe. He does what he does in order to be paid well, and then he enjoys the wealth he accrues. He's had threesomes with the most sensual alien species, snorting the finest spice off their naked bodies. He has rare and precious works of art stored in his private gallery aboard his ship. He's tasted delicacies from every corner of the galaxy. I actually thought that stuff was cool, and it would also explain why he's fat now.

But it all faded pretty quickly, and I also realized that in the roughly three decades that the internet has been widely used, the last thing it needs is one more nerd's Star Wars fan fiction.

Anyway, I can't remember any of the other details but I guarantee that everyone on this board would have enjoyed my version of the show better than the trash we got. Well, maybe not Khev, but he has weird tastes.

Oh Boba Fett. Why did Disney have to do you so dirty like that?

BoBF was a huge disappointment to me. I rank it up there with the sequel trilogy.
Really need the next few projects to raise the quality.
Kenobi, Mando season 3, Ahsoka, Andor etc need to deliver.

All roads lead to the ST apparently. I've tried to ignore the ST and enjoy Star Wars movies and shows as they are, for what they are, isolated from the ST, to ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist, but if Mandalorian season 3 is going to directly reference or lead into the ST, it's going to make it very hard to continue to pretend the ST doesn't exist and to try to enjoy the bits of modern Star Wars I do like.
Couldn't The Mandalorian have just been its own thing? Couldn't it just ignore the ST?
Well we'll just have to see how pervasive the ST elements are. Hopefully it won't be so much that it ruins the show. Hopefully it won't be a major plot point.
I was going to subscribe to D+ for Mando season 3. Might want to wait a bit longer than that, see how things play out.
"new races and species...new starships....however, we wanted to make if feel completely connected and familiar" - John Favreau, Star Wars Celebration

Uh-huh. I'd be wary of forcibly reminding people of the Dark Times.
Tico.jpg

Films that are THERE of course; like the plethora of *&^%$ that shows up on my Amazon Prime opening screen, but it doesn't mean I'm gonna waste any more hours of my life.

Am so sick of havin' to say "well, it started off great, but..." :toilet_cl

I mention before how weird it is that other franchises out there - from Marvel & DC movies to James Bond to Lord of the Rings to Star Trek to Ninja Turtles - allow themselves the freedom to tell alternate universe tales, to reboot and redo and reshuffle and reinvent and sometimes even reflect on their legacies, but Star Wars is just hellbent that "everything must be canon" and there can't be alternate universe, despite the fact many of those alternate timelines are so much more beloved. It limits what creators can do, limits what fans are allowed to seek out, and locks in every bad decision that even good installments must either tip-toe around or address head-on.

Yeah, but a lot of that revolves around money. E.g. even Amazon couldn't pry loose material they apparently desperately need for this Rings series of theirs. I suspect that KK was absolutely accurate when she said "there was no material to draw on". E.g., there was NO MATERIAL THEY WANTED TO PAY AN AUTHOR FOR. We all know how poorly great comic book writers and artists have been treated. Then film companies hire inexperienced writers coz they are cheap, and we get *&^%$ narratives.

Last edited:
Back