"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to add this to the other thread but I don't hate the new suit. In fact the scenes with Batman and the change was done so early on that I didn't even realize it was the new suit until close ups were done.

Yeah, the shots were dark enough and the closeups went by so quickly that I didn't get a chance to notice how ugly the suit was.

Just got back from Metreon IMAX!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!! ^^^^ing ridiculously damned amazing movie! I don't even know how to explain how amazed I am with this movie!! DAMN!!!!

Spoiler Spoiler:

And for my IMAX, they showed the Watchman trailer, but no T4! And my god, that looks damned amazing as well! 2009 is goona be a ^^^^ing crazy year for movies as well!!!!

Just got back from Metreon IMAX!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!! ^^^^ing ridiculously damned amazing movie! I don't even know how to explain how amazed I am with this movie!! DAMN!!!!

Spoiler Spoiler:

And for my IMAX, they showed the Watchman trailer, but no T4! And my god, that looks damned amazing as well! 2009 is goona be a ^^^^ing crazy year for movies as well!!!!

So ya figure about a 5/10 then? :lol

This makes me wish that they would cancel the announced release date for Iron Man 2 and just tell Jon Favreau to take whatever time he needs to get it done right. They didn't rush this one and look how well it turned out!

I'm gonna see it again with the cousins 1AM IMAX on Saturday. I hope they can stay awake.

Did anyone go to a 3:00AM showing? When my friends and I walked out of the auditorium after our 12AM TDK screening, We noticed a massive amount of people waiting for the 3AM showing. INSANE!

I seriously don't think that they could have made this movie any better, it is now one of my all time favorites.

I dunno if you guys have read it yet, but Michael Crawford put up his review of the Mattel TDK Movie Masters BB Batman and Scarecrow yesterday. I loved his intro paragraph, and the edited portion also:

As I write this, The Dark Knight still has a Rotten Tomatoes ranking of 100%. Now, I'm sure that won't last if for no other reason that no matter how good a movie is, at least one critic has to be different from the rest. But it is very heartening to see such good early buzz for the film, including talk of Oscar nominations.

----------------------------------------
EDIT - in the days following the initial writing of this review, the RTmeter dropped to 93%, with 9 bad reviews out of 123. It is interesting to note that 4 of the 9 are from New York publications. I also noted that the 9 bad reviews are largely a) from reviewers who tend to take themselves so seriously that they redefine the term 'pompous' and b) complain that this film tries to take itself too seriously - it is 'just' a comic book movie after all. I suspect that the irony is lost on these 9 individuals. I also suspect that the theory stating that about 10% of any group of individuals are utter morons is merely being borne out.
---------------------------------------

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_071808a.htm

Nice to hear his thoughts on the movie (or at least the stuff surrounding the film) and the toys as well.

I wonder if I can find these Movie Masters in stores. How high is the demand for these atm?

Were I saw TDK! Metreon IMAX in San Fran:

metreonimaxtdkuu5.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen a movie as good as this since Godfather 2. It was amazing. It surpassed my expectations and than some. The direction is flawless and amazing. I really can't put it into words how great it is, you have to go see it for yourself, the cinematography was probably the best I've seen. I know I'm sounding like a fanboy right now but its the truth.

Heath Ledger is beyond words. He is the best villain I have ever witnessed on screen, yes better than Darth Vader. His self regard for human life makes him the perfect nemesis for Batman.

Christian Bale, Aaron Eckhart and Gary Oldman were all terrific as well but were just out shined by Heath Ledger.

The action sequences took a huge leap from the first film and there are tons of them. The music from BB returns and is still as solid as ever. Nolan has really created a masterpiece here and with his little use of CGI makes it even more impressive.

I'm going to try to go back tomorrow or Saturday and watch it again.

I dunno if you guys have read it yet, but Michael Crawford put up his review of the Mattel TDK Movie Masters BB Batman and Scarecrow yesterday. I loved his intro paragraph, and the edited portion also:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_071808a.htm

Nice to hear his thoughts on the movie (or at least the stuff surrounding the film) and the toys as well.

I wonder if I can find these Movie Masters in stores. How high is the demand for these atm?

About as high as the Hot Toys Joker. Good luck.

So, are all these showings you guys have been going to been sold out? Or close to it?

I'm going tomorrow around 1PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back