The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took Batman's "one rule" to be "no killing if there appears to be another option." There was no other option to stopping the garbage truck driver in the heat of the chase nor the nuke truck driver at the end of TDKR. There *was* a non-lethal way of stopping the Joker when he was standing in the middle of the street and it played out by him getting captured.

Cops and soldiers kill but in the line of duty. So killing when appropriate doesn't suddenly make someone the Joker and Ledger Joker knew this. He wanted Batman to completely cross over into becoming a killer out of hatred, flippancy, or revenge. And that was the one thing Bruce would never do, and never did do in any of the movies.

I would agree with that.

And is it a fact that the garbage truck driver died? The top of the cab was flattened but that doesn't mean he's dead. Just a foot shorter......

Looking at that clip again, TDK just rocks. It makes TDKR look all the more average. Needed more Batman in the Tumbler. The saddest moment in the trilogy is when the Tumbler says goodbye.

I thought the batpod chase after the stock exchange heist was on par with the truck chase in TDK. His gadgets were in full force with him switching between the batpod, EMP gun, and the Bat. We got to see him using all of his non-lethal tricks, take down bad guys, elude cops, appear out of nowhere, tons of classic "Batmanisms" in just that one sequence.

The overuse of the "Bat" made the movie feel so gimmicky, the talia storyline was a waste of time, and the prison segment was one of the worst things I've ever seen! Looked like a friendly place to me with all the patting on the back and cheering Wayne got, nothing like the Hell on Earth it was described to be. The worst was that cheesy slow motion frame of Wayne jumping to the final ledge, as if the goood guy might not make it? How about the fear of attempting it yet he's been "sprelunking" from building to building at night for YEARS before that! Remember Hong Kong? Now that was some pretty scary sh|t if you ask me.

Shouldn't he have broken his gottdamn neck from his first attempt? Every other prisoner tied to that rope did, yet he miraculously got a second chance at it, emerging unscathed with a mended broken back at that! DA **** Outta Here! I don't even think Nolan directed that last film. He pulled a Tim Burton and just collected a check.

Last edited:
At least the Bat didn't go down in one shot from a revolver.

Almost as eye rolling enducing as talking troll stooges.

At least the Bat didn't go down in one shot from a revolver.

Almost as eye rolling enducing as talking troll stooges.

Are you rolling your eyes Evilface? So that's why your labels have been looking a bit off centered lately. Focus man.

not criticizing the movies, but
I think the worst thing about Batman's rule of no killing ( at least in this universe) is that at the end of the day Bruce was wrong and Ra's was completely right. (The Joker was right as well)

Bruce tried to not kill and not be an executioner but in every movie he makes people die or cannot save them from death.

He refuses to kill the thief at the beginning of his training in Batman Begins but then he goes and kills 20 something members of the League of Shadows. (Plus killing the same thief he didn't want to kill in the process. He kills the fake Ra's and a bunch of other members but he saves Ducard so that makes it ok :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Then he ends up letting the fake Ras die...:cuckoo:
I don't know, if he didn't save Ducard from falling into the cliff maybe the attack on Gotham might not have happened. (or maybe it would have) anyways, he saves Ducard/ Ra's from falling into a cliff but kills some of the other members of the league, kills fake Ra's and kills the thief in the process. That has always bothered me about Begins. He won't cut off the head of one guy but Bruce is completely okay with burning a bunch of men alive plus the same guy he didn't kill a few second ago.

He already has a body count and he doesn't even have the Batman suit yet :lol:lol

Then in Dark Knight he doesn't kill the Joker when they were capturing him but he lets the Joker get to Lau and create all the mayhem he creates. Batman decides to not kill Joker but then other people die because of this.
(you could argue he needed to know where Dent was I guess, they needed him alive)
But then he won't let the Joker drop from the building. But when he was fighting Ra's Bruce breaks the controls of the train when he says (I don't have to save you) Bruce pretty much makes sure Ra's will die in the crash of the train. He breaks the controls knowing that the train will crash with Ra's inside it.

So when pushing the Joker off the building, why save him? he didn't save Ra's :cuckoo:

Last edited:
The overuse of the "Bat" made the movie feel so gimmicky, the talia storyline was a waste of time, and the prison segment was one of the worst things I've ever seen! Looked like a friendly place to me with all the patting on the back and cheering Wayne got, nothing like the Hell on Earth it was described to be. The worst was that cheesy slow motion frame of Wayne jumping to the final ledge, as if the goood guy might not make it? How about the fear of attempting it yet he's been "sprelunking" from building to building at night for YEARS before that! Remember Hong Kong? Now that was some pretty scary sh|t if you ask me.

Shouldn't he have broken his gottdamn neck from his first attempt? Every other prisoner tied to that rope did, yet he miraculously got a second chance at it, emerging unscathed with a mended broken back at that! DA **** Outta Here! I don't even think Nolan directed that last film. He pulled a Tim Burton and just collected a check.

Kinda sounds like you just don't like movies.

Also, where a you getting it that everyone died trying to escape? Bane says many died trying, not that everyone dies when they try. Falling without the rope would be deadly and maybe others tried and failed. Jumping with the rope is dangerous, but certainly not a death sentence. I get the impression that Bruce on his first attempt, and the guy that jumped before him were rendered unconscious from hitting the wall, but it didn't look like a death blow to me.

Wow, reading some of the criticisms in this thread makes me wonder what could possibly satisfy certain viewers? I don't know of any such thing as a perfect movie, and while this one had some flaws, I don't think it's deserving of being savaged...

Also, where a you getting it that everyone died trying to escape? Bane says many died trying, not that everyone dies when they try. Falling without the rope would be deadly and maybe others tried and failed. Jumping with the rope is dangerous, but certainly not a death sentence. I get the impression that Bruce on his first attempt, and the guy that jumped before him were rendered unconscious from hitting the wall, but it didn't look like a death blow to me.

That other guy who tried to escape looked pretty dead to me.
Ok so let's say the fear kept most prisoners at bay from attempting the climb. But this
is Batman! All he does is climb and jump. Now granted he had a broken back and all, but wouldn't it have been better if he used some of his detective skills to find a way
out of that hole, maybe solve it's riddle or something? That was Bane's prison yet no one tried to stop him, their cells weren't even locked!! He just got up and walked out of Hell on Earth.

I am no expert when it comes to Batman so please forgive my noobness. But I'm not stupid either. I've read a few comics and I always liked the disparity between Bane and Batman, which was not achieved in this film. Batman fell into the darkness (Begins) and Bane climbs out of it (what should have been that climbing shot in rises), to expose what Darkness really is.

Watching the trailer for this I thought that was a flashback explanation of Bane scaling that wall. I was so disappointed to find out that wasn't the case.

Last edited:
Ra's stabbed the controls with the broken sword. He didn't mind his surroundings. ;)

are you sure? it always looked to me that Bruce was the one that did that. It kinda looked like Bruce was counting on the controls being damaged, wasn't that part of his plan? I always thought that he needed the controls to stop working. Even if Ra's was the one that broke them Bruce still didn't save him, but he saves the Joker.
To me that doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Last edited:
Nolan Batman knew how to fight and spend money. That was about it. Fox is the smartest man.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:rotfl

This BS "you must not like movies" copout of a reply is almost as lame as void's overused "I'm sorry for your loss" response to those whose opinions differ from, "I LOOOOOOVD ET! I GIVE NOLAN HICKY ON HIS THIGHZZZZZZ!!! BESTUST MOVEEEE EVARRRR!"

That other guy who tried to escape looked pretty dead to me.
Ok so let's say the fear kept most prisoners at bay from attempting the climb. But this
is Batman! All he does is climb and jump. Now granted he had a broken back and all, but wouldn't it have been better if he used some of his detective skills to find a way
out of that hole, maybe solve it's riddle or something? That was Bane's prison yet no one tried to stop him, their cells weren't even locked!! He just got up and walked out of Hell on Earth.

I am no expert when it comes to Batman so please forgive my noobness. But I'm not stupid either. I've read a few comics and I always liked the disparity between Bane and Batman, which was not achieved in this film. Batman fell into the darkness (Begins) and Bane climbs out of it (what should have been that climbing shot in rises), to expose what Darkness really is.

Watching the trailer for this I thought that was a flashback explanation of Bane scaling that wall. I was so disappointed to find out that wasn't the case.

Think it through, if the rope climb proved fatal every time, why would they even bother with it?

And the climb is without question my favorite scene in the movie. It's about Bruce Wayne's character arc, not some kind of juxtaposition with Bane.

This BS "you must not like movies" copout of a reply is almost as lame as void's overused "I'm sorry for your loss" response to those whose opinions differ from, "I LOOOOOOVD ET! I GIVE NOLAN HICKY ON HIS THIGHZZZZZZ!!! BESTUST MOVEEEE EVARRRR!"

So you want a wall of text replying to every silly complaint?

It genuinely sounds like he doesn't like movies to me because he is criticizing cinema archetypes. Building tension by showing the hero do something death defying even though we know he isn't going to die is classic. Showcasing a hero's abilities (in this case his toys, I.e. the BAT) is to be expected.

Never once did the BAT feel superfluous to me. I particularly love when he drops down with the EMP to disable Bane's tanks as the war begins.

Think it through, if the rope climb proved fatal every time, why would they even bother with it?

And the climb is without question my favorite scene in the movie. It's about Bruce Wayne's character arc, not some kind of juxtaposition with Bane.

So you want a wall of text replying to every silly complaint?

It genuinely sounds like he doesn't like movies to me because he is criticizing cinema archetypes. Building tension by showing the hero do something death defying even though we know he isn't going to die is classic. Showcasing a hero's abilities (in this case his toys, I.e. the BAT) is to be expected.

Never once did the BAT feel superfluous to me. I particularly love when he drops down with the EMP to disable Bane's tanks as the war begins.

Why not use the EMP gun to disable the bomb? The timer was electronic. It's not a matter of what was shoehorned into the movie, but how it was done, which was poorly to everybody but the staunchest Nolancom****... and Khev. :lol

Sounds like you don't like movies Nam. Sorry for your loss. :monkey1

I printed out this post so I could wipe my *** with it. :wink1:

Sounds like you don't like movies Nam. Sorry for your loss. :monkey1

Why not use the EMP gun to disable the bomb? The timer was electronic. It's not a matter of what was shoehorned into the movie, but how it was done, which was poorly to everybody but the staunchest Nolancom****... and Khev. :lol

I printed out this post so I could wipe my *** with it. :wink1:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back