The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem is...none of you guys really understand how hard it is to make a film.

Kid, I was in film school shooting 16mm movies about the time you were born. :lol And I'm on sets all the time. Some of us have an inkling how this stuff goes. :p

I also enjoy blasting the Mines of Moria chorus scene from FOTR when the bridge is collapsing, sounds amazing.

Hey, I had to throw in a LOTR nod in there for you. :rotfl

That's a very good sequence but there are a lot of those in The Lord of the Rings films.

The Dark Knight I think is really pretty solid in a surround sound and in HD. Love the Joker. :yess:

As much as I enjoy TDKR, my enjoyment is hindered by those errors. The most annoying moments are:
- Both instances of guys falling for no reason
- The awkward editing leading to Batman asking Gordon where Tate is when Bruce is the last one to see her
- Foley is gunned down and the camera has to stay on him and pan enough to show you he doesn't have a scratch on him. I get that it's PG-13, but you can put a nick in the guy's suit or at least not go out of your way to show as much of his clean body as possible.

I get that a movie will not be perfect. I have no problem with seeing an actor's position vary between cuts, unrealistic moments, and toned down violence and gore for the ratings, but the moments I listed were too glaring IMO and should have been caught and corrected long before we saw them.

Kid, I was in film school shooting 16mm movies about the time you were born. :lol And I'm on sets all the time. Some of us have an inkling how this stuff goes. :p
Huh. I thought I wrote "some." Oh well. My bad, I was in the heat of the moment. But at least I didn't say "I" know about filmmaking. :lol

Heh. heh. **** goof watchers then. Am i right?

I want to see Youtube skate boarders quality bone breakage in superhero movies.

Or like that basketball player this week. :horror

Well, Celtic wants to see that more than me. :lol

Last edited:
Okay, there are Ledger Joker cosplayers... and then there is this guy (from WonderCon this past weekend):

https://reevzfx.tumblr.com/post/46875457928/a-quick-vid-of-the-amazing-heath-joker-that-was

Holy ****, he's absolutely dead-on. And apparently he did the voice perfectly, too.

Quick, Nolan... remake the 3rd film with this guy! :p

I saw a pic of that, and I was in awe. Forget Hot Toys, somebody should pay that guy to stand in their collection on a day to day basis. I think Void should get first dibs, since he's the biggest Nolan fan in this joint.:lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back