The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But when it's something like this I think it's worthwhile. It takes away from the credibility of the film and gives a sense of being cheap and lazy. That, for me, takes away from the film and takes me out of the scene because it makes it look ridiculous. Just my opinion though really.

But when it's something like this I think it's worthwhile. It takes away from the credibility of the film and gives a sense of being cheap and lazy. That, for me, takes away from the film and takes me out of the scene because it makes it look ridiculous. Just my opinion though really.

Yup

sorry Predator, money no excuse for a director that stands behind quality first.

It really does take you out of the movie, not once, but twice.

Yup

sorry Predator, money no excuse for a director that stands behind quality first.

It really does take you out of the movie, not once, but twice.

I think that's the main thing, if it was some low budget b-movie or something, or even just some simple cliched Hollywood summer blockbuster it could be sort of laughed off as there's generally not much stock in those films. But when Nolan is trying to build (or rather has built I should say) a career on making well made films and has become known as a filmmaker who's very particular about making sure his product is of the highest calibre, mistakes like this become pretty glaring. And as you say, not just once, but twice.

That would be a waste of money to use on something more important then a mis fired take.

the thing is, like Russell1982 said, "the scene must have been choreographed",
so why would they have people falling like that for no reason? I mean, that is such a weird mistake. Or just pure carelessness.

I could spend the whole day defending TDKR, couse despite its many, many flaws, the movie still has a lot to offer, and when viewed without the massive expectations and hype, its still a hell of a special, one-of-a-kind superhero film.

But I have to agree with You guys that TDKR contains a lot of purely technical goofs and oversights that are simply baffling. I keep thinking back to Inception, and how technicaly perfect that movie was. How flawlessly executed despite how complex and challenging it was. Nothing was left to chance in that flick. TDKR by comparison feels shoddy in its making. There are a lot of examples and they are really curious.

I wonder why is it like this. I don't believe in the whole "Nolan wanted to be done with Batman" theory, since there is still a lot of themes and ideas in the movie that seem important to him. Also, even if he turned out to be not particularly passionate about this project, then I am sure he would still be fully professional, once he commited to filming it. It's just the way he always worked. Always. But not this time. I wonder if there were some problems on the set, that prevented him from bringing a more bulletproof version of the film.

I don't believe in the whole "Nolan wanted to be done with Batman" theory, since there is still a lot of themes and ideas in the movie that seem important to him.

I think a lot of the passion Nolan had for these "themes" you mention died along with Ledger.

Nobat's third act became a chore, and thus a bore, and was forced to rely on a massively less-memorable villain than before.

Batman really became a supporting character in his own film by the end of the series. The psychodrama of Gotham and his opponents overshadowed any character arc he displayed.

___

TDK contains the same amount of hideously stupid errors...like the lack of blood when there should be, changing hair color between shots, bad wire work when people get hit with buses, poor clunky action scenes....ect....face it, IMAX cameras cause filmmaker s to overlook mistakes.

TDK is much better in this aspect. The mistakes You mentioned happen in almost every movie. While the lack of blood is not a goof, its a rating restricion.

Rises is choke full of much more serious, plainly visible, and often easily avoidable mistakes.

So is adding blood when someone gets shot.

TDK has some of the silliest mistakes I've seen in any movie. Both films are cholk full of ****.

Pg-13 movies don't have blood. Its simple us that. Marvel flicks have no blood in them as well despite all the cgi mayhem that happens there.

As for the TDK mistakes, those aren't really drastic in any way, in my opinion. They just had more spotlight due to that film's popularity. You should check out some of the goofs in classic blockbusters, TDK is nothing compared to that.

Rises on the other hand, stands out in this regard...unfortunately.

All the Marvel films have blood in them. Gory blood? No. Practical, realistic blood? Yes. Tony Stark gets hit in the chest with shrapnel? Blood.

The Bank Teller gets shot in the legs...no blood. Mistake. IMO. An intentional mistake, but one that annoys me to no end.

The only reason you're saying what you're saying is because you don't like Rises as much as TDK. Simple as that. Now, that may be a testament to TDK...but the fact of the matter is, that movie is filled with silly, easily corrected mistakes for absolutely no real reason.

Back to the falling guy...They probably got a good amount of takes for that one scene, but that scene was perhaps the best. Maybe it was the way Bale acted, maybe Nolan liked the realism of the fight. Maybe they didn't notice, because they never watched that guy. Who knows.

Point is. Batman Begins is perfect, and the last two are horrible flawed. :D

I'm curious, what is this "stuntmen falling" scene?

There's actually two scenes. One when batman and catwoman are fighting banes men on the roof top, one guy just kind of steps side to side as if he's about to do something, then just randomly drops to the floor. Then when Blake is about to be shot in the head and batman drops down and saves him, the same thing happens. Batman beats up a few guys and then one just randomly drops down to the floor.

@ Celtic Predator

But that's not a "real violence" related blood. Its ok to show some blood in accident related scenes, or lets say...."no-malice violence", like accidents, the scene in IM You mentioned, or the dog-bite wounds on Batman arm in TDK for example. But blood in actuall violent, agressive scenes, thats a completely different thing. Gunshot wounds are rarely showing realistic blood in pg-13 movies, especially when You film the actuall shooting (showing bloody wounds later is more acceptible...for some reason).

I know its all sounds ridiculous, but that's just how the ****ing PG system works. Direction has nothing to do with it, some things are just forbidden.

Nolan would never be able to shoot such intense scene as Joker iterrogation, with blood in it (the scene doesn't need it anyway, Joker getting face-slammed against reinforced glass is powerful enough), and get a pg-13 rating, especially with the general dark tone of the film. Lack of blood is not a goof.

As for liking TDK better, yes its obviously a whole other calibre of a movie. But the mistakes in Rises are just much more obvious, numerous and drastic. Christ, they are the reason for a substantional number of posts in this thread.

And just to clarify, I certainly don't hate TDKR. I admit I was underwhelmed and a little disappointed with it, but I do think it has lots of fantastic stuff in there. I actually like the inclusion of batman using a front kick while fighting, only a small thing I know but I think it adds something to his fighting where as before it was all just elbows and fists. I think it has a lot of decent scenes, some great effects, I loved bane except for his voice at times. The original prologue sounded way way better I think. And I also agree that TDK had a fair amount of continuity and editing mistakes too. But nothing as glaring as just having a man randomly fall down. During the interrogation scene in TDK when batman has the joker up against the wall jokers hands keep changing position and I always noticed that and it was a bit irritating, but I don't think it's as blatant and distracting as the "falling extra." Even if they decided other things made it the best take, they could have cut to another angle before the guy fell over.

@ Celtic Predator

But that's not a "real violence" related blood. Its ok to show some blood in accident related scenes, or lets say...."no-malice violence", like accidents, the scene in IM You mentioned, or the dog-bite wounds on Batman arm in TDK for example. But blood in actuall violent scenes, thats a completely different thing. Gunshot wounds are rarely showing realistic blood in pg-13 movies, especially when You film the actuall shooting (showing bloody wounds later is more acceptible...for some reason).

I know its all sounds ridiculous, but that's just how the ****ing PG system works. Direction has nothing to do with it, some things are just foribdden.

Nolan would never be able to shoot such intense scene as Joker iterrogation, with blood in it (the scene doesn't need it anyway, Joker getting face-slammed against reinforced glass is powerful enough), and get a pg-13 rating, especially with the general dark tone of the film. Lack of blood is not a goof.

As for liking TDK better, yes its obviously a whole other calibre of a movie. But the mistakes in Rises are just much more obvious, numerous and drastic. Christ, they are the reason for a substantional number of posts in this thread.

I agree with everything here. And probably explained way better than I put it. :lol

@ Celtic Predator

But that's not a "real violence" related blood. Its ok to show some blood in accident related scenes, or lets say...."no-malice violence", like the IM scene You mentioned, or the dog-bite wounds on Batman arm in TDK. But blood in actuall violent scenes, thats a completely different thing. Gunshot wounds are rarely showing realistic blood in pg-13 movies, especially when You film the actuall shooting (showing bloody wounds later is more acceptible...for some reason).

I know its all sounds ridiculous, but that's just how the ****ing PG system works. Direction has nothing to do with it, some things are just foribdden.

Blood does not make a movie R. You can easily get away with it.

You can't show boobs. You can't show graphic violence. But you can show blood on the face, or hands. That's OK.

This is all I wanted to see in that scene.

blood.jpg

That's very PG-13. Hell, most PG-13 films can get away with a bloody aftermath. It's the actual event the crazy Christian soccer moms have a problem with.

I said it's an intentional mistake. But it's still a mistake IMO. It bothers me every time, and will continue too. Nolan. Blood is cheap. Use it. Make your realism films with more realism.

But this is what I would've filmed. :lol

blo2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back