The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://badassdigest.com/2012/07/16...inds-over-negative-dark-knight-rises-reviews/

We joke about furries and hentai pervs and steampunks as awful fanbases, but in reality they don't hold a candle to this special and disturbing group. Ignorant, enraged, often misogynistic and fundamentalist to the extreme

This is the end game of the sickness of fandom. Passion is one thing, but it can be twisted into something dark. That's happening here. These people have tied their identities and self-worth into Nolan's Batfilms so strongly that the smallest slight feels like a deep, personal attack. These sad, mentally unhygienic people lash out with fury. It's ugly and sad and makes me ashamed to be a nerd, to share a pop culture space with these people.

Good stuff. :lol

TDKR at 91, will it get higher or lower? Interesting. I feel sorry for the people who have to be hateful just cause a single movie didn't get a flowery red tomato next to its review.

I just watched some 30 minute Batmobile documentary on TV and they said that some of the design for the Val Kilmer batmobile came from H.R. Giger's art?

Interesting

Here's your scorecard of the major fan bases:

Most Ignorantly Naive... Twilight

Most Irrationally Obsessed... Star Wars

Most Outdated... Star Trek

Most Nerdy... Whedonites

Most Snooty (towards other bases)... LOTR

Most Frightening... Hentai

Most Easily Butt-hurt & Instantly Vicious.... Batnolanites

Most Nerdy... Whedonites

Most Butt-hurt & Instantly Vicious.... Batnolanites

Based on cosplay alone, add "Most Shameless... Anime" to that list and you're there. :lol

I hear ya. Just that Anime is something that I've just never understood at all. I think Hentai is the extreme of that one, though.

If you say so blackmask.

I've never thought much of it. It's a speedy chase, he has to make an abrupt, sharp turn. To do so he hits a button, the grapple gun shoots a line on a nearby lamp post on the street and he gains momentum to make the sharp turn. He completes it and drives on.

There's a reason why the Joker thugs don't complete the turn and wreck their cars slamming into ____. It's a sharp ____ing turn. At those speeds on a claustrophobic street you're either going to slam into the things on the street corner or go out of control. I'm not sure it's possible to make a hard right or left turn going fast without breaking.

Now if Batman used it for every turn on every street corner, yeah, I'd wonder what was up. But it's one friggin sharp turn during a chase sequence. It's more graceful than what the Tumbler would do which would be slam right through everything while taking out a few civilian cars and residential building walls.

I could hang that corner in my Vette. No grapple cable needed. :huh And it's not like they were going that fast.

Batman should have made a car that could handle. The Tumbler prolly could make the corner too.

For the record though, I abhor this sort of vicious behaviour.

Sure I may believe the reviewer may not know squat of what they're talking about, but such comments have no place in civil society.

I could hang that corner in my Vette. No grapple cable needed. :huh

Batman should have made a car that could handle. The Tumbler prolly could make the corner too.

Given the size and the lack of motion in the front tires, I highly doubt it. Full out on the highway weaving between staggered cars is one thing. Taking that corner at high speed is a different beast entirely.

Most Nerdy... Whedonites

Most Easily Butt-hurt & Instantly Vicious.... Batnolanites

Bag on the rest of em, but leave Trek alone, man!!!!!

So, what the word on the street with this one? Awesome or crap?

Is it really true (as hyped) that it's better than The Dark Knight? Is there an element of awesome villainy in Bane/Catwoman, to even exceed the performance of Heath? :dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back