The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you say so blackmask.

I've never thought much of it. It's a speedy chase, he has to make an abrupt, sharp turn. To do so he hits a button, the grapple gun shoots a line on a nearby lamp post on the street and he gains momentum to make the sharp turn. He completes it and drives on.

There's a reason why the Joker thugs don't complete the turn and wreck their cars slamming into ____. It's a sharp ____ing turn. At those speeds on a claustrophobic street you're either going to slam into the things on the street corner or go out of control. I'm not sure it's possible to make a hard right or left turn going fast without breaking.

Now if Batman used it for every turn on every street corner, yeah, I'd wonder what was up. But it's one friggin sharp turn during a chase sequence. It's more graceful than what the Tumbler would do which would be slam right through everything while taking out a few civilian cars and residential building walls.

Mythbusters tried a high-speed grappling hook turn. Shredded the cable everytime. Impossible.

(They also tested it without the hook. Can't make the turn without losing control of the car and careening into the buildings. Going too fast.)

SnakeDoc

Depends on the Batmobile's turn radius. My car can't turn for ____. It couldn't make a hard turn to save my life. I almost crashed because of it.

If you say so blackmask.

I've never thought much of it. It's a speedy chase, he has to make an abrupt, sharp turn. To do so he hits a button, the grapple gun shoots a line on a nearby lamp post on the street and he gains momentum to make the sharp turn. He completes it and drives on.

There's a reason why the Joker thugs don't complete the turn and wreck their cars slamming into ____. It's a sharp ____ing turn. At those speeds on a claustrophobic street you're either going to slam into the things on the street corner or go out of control. I'm not sure it's possible to make a hard right or left turn going fast without breaking.

Now if Batman used it for every turn on every street corner, yeah, I'd wonder what was up. But it's one friggin sharp turn during a chase sequence. It's more graceful than what the Tumbler would do which would be slam right through everything while taking out a few civilian cars and residential building walls.
i guess you might be right

(Except about the Tumbler :nono:nono)

It's subtle, but I take it the difference being referred to is that 'what's your favourite' is a positively phrased question, so it subconsciously implies that 'you probably like all of them, but choose the best one'.

Vs on the other than is negatively phrased, so it tends to devolve into a one is good the other is bad: 'I like A better, B has plot holes galore, crappy acting, and a terrible story'.

Nah, look who made that thread. It's got all the intentions of a Vs thread hidden under an innocent title. :lol

Negative review results in death threats
https://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwire/dark-knight-rises-critic-receives-death-threats#.UAR8P4l5nTr

I always knew there was a lunatic element to fans of this franchise. Anything negative said is jumped on. Just look at these idiots.

Half those ____s would be too chicken____ to say it to that dude's face in real life. Even if he was no bigger than Verne Troyer. That's the problem with the internet. Faaaaaaaar too many Furleys talking ____ they could never back up in a real life situation. :lol

Ofcourse its not Karlo, hagen, or payne . Thats the whole point, a realistic take on a character with full claylike body manipulation and shape shifting wouldnt work, i was saying a realistic alternative combined with hush. Joker and Bane are reminiscent but nothing like the comic book origin, tis what im going for

Then maybe you should look for some other hero with more realistic villains. Honestly, that's one of my major complaints about Nolan's franchise is that he's too much of a chicken____ to explore the more fantastical elements of Batman's rogue gallery so he has to dumb it down.

Mythbusters tried a high-speed grappling hook turn. Shredded the cable everytime. Impossible.

(They also tested it without the hook. Can't make the turn without losing control of the car and careening into the buildings. Going too fast.)

SnakeDoc

Depends on the Batmobile's turn radius. My car can't turn for ____. It couldn't make a hard turn to save my life. I almost crashed because of it.

It's irrelevant anyway. In the sequel it had that rotating base that allowed it to turn on a dime.

Nah, look who made that thread. It's got all the intentions of a Vs thread hidden under an innocent title. :lol

Half those ____s would be too chicken____ to say it to that dude's face in real life. Even if he was no bigger than Verne Troyer. That's the problem with the internet. Faaaaaaaar too many Furleys talking ____ they could never back up in a real life situation. :lol

Then maybe you should look for some other hero with more realistic villains. Honestly, that's one of my major complaints about Nolan's franchise is that he's too much of a chicken____ to explore the more fantastical elements of Batman's rogue gallery so he has to dumb it down.

It's irrelevant anyway. In the sequel it had that rotating base that allowed it to turn on a dime.

I really can't wait for your negative review Nam, it will be like opening Christmas presents, please be descriptive and rip Nolan a new one :hi5:

i guess you might be right

(Except about the Tumbler :nono:nono)

The thing I love about the tumbler was the amount of work they put in to build the thing from scratch that can do everything practical for the movie. They essentially built a working batmobile (minus the weapons) that can do 0-60 in about 5 seconds, V8 sounds amazing too.

:lol Who's to say it'll be negative. Realistic, yes, but I'm not going in expecting it to be the messiah of celluloid. :wink1:

well you're the boogeynam, and scaring nolancoonpoops is what you do best :hi5:
lol i just figured :lol

The thing I love about the tumbler was the amount of work they put in to build the thing from scratch that can do everything practical for the movie. They essentially built a working batmobile (minus the weapons) that can do 0-60 in about 5 seconds, V8 sounds amazing too.

yeah Tumbler is amazing just because of that, I know it should have looked more like a bat maybe, have something of a bat on it,
but what you said is true,

That's actually incorrect. They built several to suit different purposes during shooting:
Six vehicles were built for the production of the film. Two full-sized driving versions were used in exterior shots. One full-sized model with hydraulic enhancements was used in jump sequences. One full-sized, functional version carried propane tanks to fuel the rocket blast out of the rear nozzle. A radio-controlled, 1/3-scale electric model also performed stunts in the film (e.g., the roof-top chase sequence).

don't know if this is trolling or not

2VzHE.png

That biker outfit needs a flashier cape. The one it has seems far too thin. Gordon looks awesome though.

By the way, what is Bane wearing exactly? Looks like a pair of overalls.

Watching the Batmobile history documentary right now on the CW. It's great so far. The early 50s history just ended and they're onto the 60s TV Batmobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back