The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Classless :yess:

Better than being a junkie that couldn't handle his junk. :lol

But still, no reason to end the series because of him. It's not a Joker series.

Classless :yess:

Better than being a junkie that couldn't handle his junk. :lol

But still, no reason to end the series because of him. It's not a Joker series.

They did, It was Their fault, They killed him!!!

mary_kate_and_ashley_olsen.jpg

and you are exactly completely right, is NOT a Joker Series, is a Batman Series, that's why this movie is about BATMAN, and NOT the Joker!
see YOU get it

I think to some, TDKR would never be as good as TDK.

Joker is THE villain of Batman. Ledger portrayed a phenomenal self made interpretation with Nolan and clear influences from various different material. Joker brings out the duality, the psychology of Batman. Two of the same, but opposite ends of the spectrum. The purest good and bad fight you can get.

Bane doesnt have that sort of character. Bane is harbinger of battle, of war. He is the ultimate physical opposition next to Rhas. Bane is very intelligent, but IMO I never thought he would be capable of holding an entire film together, but I cant wait to see the performance of Hardy, and it will be awsome.

I always thought that Rhas would come back and Bane would be his right hand man in the Nolan films. Bane doesnt have the visual impact, doesnt have the psychotic nature, the flipping of the switch that joker, and Ledger, portrayed. I think that will be the only problem that would ever happen with TDKR.

Damn right. I dont care how or why but it would of been better if Joker was in this movie somehow. I'm hearing that they dont even mention him. Thats a big wtf for me. He litteraly is a giant joker faced elephant in the room in this movie. I mean he caused so much pain and led batman to quit. Bane is a cool villain and all but I pictured him as a smart brute and not some mercanary who takes over a whole city. I always pictured joker to do somthing like that and enslaving people. I want to see this movie so badly but I definatly dont think it will be as good as The dark knight.

Yeah, it's true. Honestly, I'd have preferred they just left "TDK" as the last in the series, for various reasons. I think it would have been the best option in respecting Heath.

He was an actor, not a saint. His Joker was great, and he was alright in The Patriot and a Knight's Tale ... but its over. I don't see any good reason that the franchise should've been abandoned because he croaked.

If there's another story to tell -- which clearly there is -- then tell it.

SnakeDoc

Here's your scorecard of the major fan bases:

Most Ignorantly Naive... Twilight

Most Irrationally Obsessed... Star Wars

Most Outdated... Star Trek

Most Nerdy... Whedonites

Most Snooty (towards other bases)... LOTR

Most Frightening... Hentai

Most Easily Butt-hurt & Instantly Vicious.... Batnolanites

I just saw this post. Awesome because I can be included in 2 or 3 of these groups.
Also add:
Amazing Spider Man
Zack Snyder
Resident Evil

I can't wait to see this and put context to the score, got the deluxe edition today and "The End" really has me curious about the close of the film, it's so strange hearing a Nolan Batman not end with music giving a sense of hope in the music.

About 24 hours until I get to see the film at midnight. :yess: Going to be extremely tough to sleep tonight with my excitement level at it's peak. Saying that I cannot wait is an understatement. :lol

I think my favorite track on the score is "Imagine the Fire", it brings back parts of Mollossus and mixes in the Bane theme and is just an all around good mix of cues from the Nolan trilogy. "Rise", "Despair" and "Gotham's Reckoning" are also big favorites.

Doesn't look like I'll be able to experience IMAX for the first time with this film. Ah well, TDK was still fantastic in a regular cinema, so I doubt I'll be sitting there all grumpy.

Hoping to see this either Friday or Saturday either way! :)

I think this is filming for Chicago critics today. I'm curious what Ebert has to say about it. I always enjoy reading his reviews. I think he and James Bernadinelli are the best of writers of the lot.

I think this is filming for Chicago critics today. I'm curious what Ebert has to say about it. I always enjoy reading his reviews. I think he and James Bernadinelli are the best of writers of the lot.

I agree. I like Ebert.

'Mind if I cut in?' sounds great, I'm guessing it's the catwoman theme? Sounds very bond-esque.

I won't listen to 'The End' before watching the film.

So far my favourite is Why Do We Fall, but there's plenty of other highlights.

if you're worried about it giving anything away, it is very vague, I can't imagine what unfolds on screen to it, which is why I'm so curious.

I think to some, TDKR would never be as good as TDK.

Joker is THE villain of Batman. Ledger portrayed a phenomenal self made interpretation with Nolan and clear influences from various different material. Joker brings out the duality, the psychology of Batman. Two of the same, but opposite ends of the spectrum. The purest good and bad fight you can get.

Bane doesnt have that sort of character. Bane is harbinger of battle, of war. He is the ultimate physical opposition next to Rhas. Bane is very intelligent, but IMO I never thought he would be capable of holding an entire film together, but I cant wait to see the performance of Hardy, and it will be awsome.

I always thought that Rhas would come back and Bane would be his right hand man in the Nolan films. Bane doesnt have the visual impact, doesnt have the psychotic nature, the flipping of the switch that joker, and Ledger, portrayed. I think that will be the only problem that would ever happen with TDKR.

While I agree that Joker's definitely Batman's Yang, I wouldn't discredit Bane all that quick. He's the first person to really beat Batman toe-to-toe and not only beat him, but break him, both mentally and physically. Sure Batman has been defeated in the past but not to the extreme of Bane and in the end he always wound up on top. With Bane, that wasn't the case.

I am looking forward to this flick.

That said...

[ame]https://youtu.be/xkyf3KPfx90[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back