The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to book and imax here is sold out till next week:( On the plus side I'll avoid all the opening weekend annoying families and their offspring.

I don't know if this was posted , i'm fricken not going back

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ta8lhLX60&feature=g-vrec[/ame]

It was posted you little fricken son of a _____. Edit your post. How dare you post something that has already been posted. :mad:

:horror
angry-smiley-002.gif

I forgot to book and imax here is sold out till next week:( On the plus side I'll avoid all the opening weekend annoying families and their offspring.

This is true but it's a week avoiding everything TDKR. I was lucky to get outs for Glasgow Imax 9th June :)

I'm seeing this Friday night.

I heard Letterman gave away the ending, but since I already knew that it wasn't much of a surprise... except maybe that I was right. Have to say, it's an excellent dramatic choice and I'm glad Nolan went for it. Brings the trilogy together in the best possible way.

I'm seeing this Friday night.

I heard Letterman gave away the ending, but since I already knew that it wasn't much of a surprise... except maybe that I was right. Have to say, it's an excellent dramatic choice and I'm glad Nolan went for it. Brings the trilogy together in the best possible way.

If it's what I spoiled before, it's not entirely true . . . from a certain point of view.

What did you spoil before? You've spoiled so many things. :D

I think I said,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

From THR: :yess:

Christopher Nolan's final "Batman" pic opens at 12:01 a.m. Thursday in North America; pre-release tracking suggests the Warner Bros. movie will score the biggest opening of all time for a non-3D title.

Christopher Nolan's_brooding and acclaimed Batman trilogy is going out in style.
Pre-release tracking for The Dark Knight Rises is so big that the movie should have no trouble besting the $158.4 million opening of The Dark Knight_to score the best domestic debut of all time for a 2D pic. The next big question: Just how high will the number end up?_
PHOTOS: Batman Through The Years
From Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures, Dark Knight Rises_has already racked up $25 million in advance ticket sales, one of the best numbers of all time and underscoring the keen interest in the film, which returns Christian Bale_in the title role. Newcomers to Nolan's blockbuster franchise include villain Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Anne Hathaway_and Marion Cottilard. Returning alongside Bale are Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and_Morgan Freeman. Liam Neeson, who starred in Batman Begins, also is featured.
One veteran box office observer believes Dark Knight Rises_could debut in the $185 million to $195 million range; Warners insiders say $170 million is a good starting point. "Anything above that is going into unknown territory," one insider said.
Earlier this summer, Disney and Marvel's The Avengers_posted the biggest three-day opening of all time at the domestic box office when grossing $207.4 million. The No. 2 opening of all time belongs to__Warners'_Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, which grossed_$169.2 million.
Both those films had the advantage of being released in 3D; roughly $35 million of the opening weekend gross for Avengers_came from the 3D upcharge.
PHOTOS: 'The Dark Knight Rises' Red Carpet Premiere
There are several factors that could prevent Dark Knight Rises from reaching the level of Avengers, even though some think it could. One is the fact that Dark Knight Rises_isn't being released in 3D. Another is the film's lengthy running time of 243 minutes._
On the flip side, Dark Knight Rises_is getting the widest Imax release of all time, or 330 theaters. Nolan is a big fan of Imax, and shot more than an hour of the film with Imax cameras. Insiders expect Imax grosses for Dark Knight Rises_to eclipse the record-breaking $15.3 million earned by Avengers.
Dark Knight Rises_will have a massive footprint overall. By Friday morning, the pic will be playing in roughly 4,400 locations nationwide, virtually on par with The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, which enjoyed the widest release of all time with a theater count of 4,468.
Dark Knight_earned $18.4 million in midnight grosses, while Avengers_grossed $18.7 million.
Overseas, Dark Knight Rises_opens day and date in a number of territories, including the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back