The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so is this movie good or not? if not, I'm not wasting time going to the theater

It's a mixed bag.

Why don't you just see it for yourself? I've never understood the idea of following positive or negative reviews for films to dictate whether one should spend money or "waste" time at a theater.

You might go and love it. You might go and think it's "meh". You might think it's terrible. I've seen movies that aren't necessarily the best rated in terms of critical performance that I have enjoyed. I've also seen movies that have glowingly positive reviews and an overall positive consensus that I don't particularly enjoy.

Find out for yourself if you don't like it or not. I'm of the mind that there are only very few movies out there that are a waste of time. Even if a movie sucks I've always found the experience of sitting there in a theater viewing a film being a cathartic and enjoyable one. Like going to a pool or other hobby activities.

love how people here are making fun of anne hathaway.
wait till you see the movie and you will be blown away.
oscar performance and she looks amazing hot.

As I said I'm not a big Anne Fan, but I'm looking forward to her as Catwoman. She may convert me! :lol

And you couldn't infer anything from that GC cover posted a few pages ago?

Yes I posted the magazine cover...I didn't think a spoiler tag was warranted. I thought it was a mere clever play on words.

Sorry.

love how people here are making fun of anne hathaway.
wait till you see the movie and you will be blown away.
oscar performance and she looks amazing hot.

Would be the funniest thing in the world if this movie doesn't live up to your standards and you end up hating it. You hype the ____ outta this movie.

Would be the funniest thing in the world if this movie doesn't live up to your standards and you end up hating it. You hype the ____ outta this movie.

Why? Then he'll just troll it in delusional denial like you do Webb's ASM over Raimis claiming the films are entirely dissimilar. :huh

He does that with everything. Honestly I wish I got half as excited as he does about pretty much everything. :lol

Last edited:
Seeing this tonight. Gotta admit Ebert's review calmed my expectations which will probably be a good thing in the end. I am no longer expecting "God In a Box" but am also expecting to at least like it. Still excited to see it though! I am most looking forward to how Nolan wraps up this trilogy. The perfect ending for Batman for me is still the end of the Dark Knight Returns. I hope it matches that.

I look forward to the Freaks' Reviews!!!!

I'm excited to see but concerned after reading Eberts review that said
Spoiler Spoiler:
. I'm sure I will love it. Just something I have to prepare for.

If day was boring and useless.

Day was boring and useless in prometheus. the again night was boring in prometheus too ;)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Day was boring and useless in prometheus. the again night was boring in prometheus too ;)

At least Prometheus tried to be different. At least it did more then add a tiny, uesless detail that never once affected the overall film, sans for comic nerds. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back