The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went there spoiler-free (well i saw some trailers) and...

IT WAS AWESOME

Note though, i think the reason why some hated it is because it connects a lot with the previous two films
one can easily get lost

Luckily i rewatched them before going to TDKR screening :rock

I wasnt bored at any point, I found the infamous first hour as necessary and entertaining

I know it seems a bit silly, but maybe they should have just watched the previous two films? :dunno

Glad I am doing the marathon at my local Cinemark; only down side, it aint in the IMAX, but seeing first two on big screen was too hard to pass up....my god, its gonna be a long day!

Yes that's utterly stupid. Who watches the third movie without seeing the other two lol

Glad I am doing the marathon at my local Cinemark; only down side, it aint in the IMAX, but seeing first two on big screen was too hard to pass up....my god, its gonna be a long day!

Bring a blanket.

I am doing this today too. I need to nap before. :lol

Saw BB/TDK at Odeon for £8, both of them were on tuesday. Cinema had about 12 people for BB, and about 20 for TDK.

Shocked at how few geeks came to be honest.

Anyway, me and my mate are watching BB and TDK on Blu Ray, then were going to Mcdonalds for tea and chilling at our Half 5 showing tomorrow. Im thinking the giant Bong sized tango ice blast, litre of pepsi and maybe... popcorn! 2hrs 45 mins is a loooong time.

The marathon was definitely worth it...all three films just kind of merge into one. And the eight hours of sitting wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be :lol

I really enjoyed watching the movie unfold, but the more I think about it, the more some of the story choices bother me, even within the context of Nolan's universe.

I know that at the end of the day RT means poop, but honestly who would've ever imagined that TDKR would have a non elite club score below 90!

C'mon, let us Nolanites be honest here and admit that not in a million years did we expect that score.

Going to see the trilogy in IMAX at one of the amc theaters in the area. Pretty excited to see this all in one go and see if tdkr is up to the challenge of the avengers.

Going to see the trilogy in IMAX at one of the amc theaters in the area. Pretty excited to see this all in one go and see if tdkr is up to the challenge of the avengers.

I leave work in 5 hours for the marathon.

Bottom line, an amazing summer and year this will be for movies.

Avengers was awesome, now I want something different, just as entertaining, but different.

I know that at the end of the day RT means poop, but honestly who would've ever imagined that TDKR would have a non elite club score below 90!

C'mon, let us Nolanites be honest here and admit that not in a million years did we expect that score.

You still have well over 100 reviews not in and it's average rating of 8.2 is higher than a lot of films in the 90s range. For example Moonrise Kingdom is a 94% with an 8.2 rating. It'll probably end right under 90 though and keep it's high rating if I had to guess.

I'll wait a bit to let it sink in before I post my thoughts. Maybe even see it again.

I'm sort of shocked. The film isn't bad and there are a ton of great, action filled scenes but man, I don't know. The direction they went in with every character is just odd. It's like someone else made this movie. Most of those rumors that we saw a year ago ended up being true, which I just can't believe. It's like fan fiction or something. It's so different compared to Begins and TDK, but not necessarily in a good way. I don't know. So many weird things. So many impossible, unrealistic things. A lot of it is just absurd. Boy am I confused. There's going to be so many analysis posts about it's lot holes.

Oh and I went in open minded to Bane but boy is he a one dimensional piece of ____. I HATED him. He's so goofy and lolzy and his characterization just made me sick. I'll be genuinely surprised if fans like him. He's so bad and not in the "villain" sort of way. Just a preachy, dull, annoying ass hole. Without giving anything away, he's like a lackey, a big dopey brother figure to one of the characters in the film.

John Blake surprised the hell out of me. He's one of the best things about this film. I ripped him to pieces when I thought he was just a "made up, Nolan Inception character" but I was wrong. He may be the best character.

I just dunno. So confused. Not sure if this is what I wanted or even if it's what I like.

I'm sort of shocked. The film isn't bad and there are a ton of great, action filled scenes but man, I don't know. The direction they went in with every character is just odd. It's like someone else made this movie.

So many weird things. So many impossible, unrealistic things. A lot of it is just absurd. Boy am I confused.

This makes me more excited to see it to be honest.

I'll wait a bit to let it sink in before I post my thoughts. Maybe even see it again.

I'm sort of shocked. The film isn't bad and there are a ton of great, action filled scenes but man, I don't know. The direction they went in with every character is just odd. It's like someone else made this movie. Most of those rumors that we saw a year ago ended up being true, which I just can't believe. It's like fan fiction or something. It's so different compared to Begins and TDK, but not necessarily in a good way. I don't know. So many weird things. So many impossible, unrealistic things. A lot of it is just absurd. Boy am I confused. There's going to be so many analysis posts about it's lot holes.

Oh and I went in open minded to Bane but boy is he a one dimensional piece of ____. I HATED him. He's so goofy and lolzy and his characterization just made me sick. I'll be genuinely surprised if fans like him. He's so bad and not in the "villain" sort of way. Just a preachy, dull, annoying ass hole. Without giving anything away, he's like a lackey, a big dopey brother figure to one of the characters in the film.

John Blake surprised the hell out of me. He's one of the best things about this film. I ripped him to pieces when I thought he was just a "made up, Nolan Inception character" but I was wrong. He may be the best character.

I just dunno. So confused. Not sure if this is what I wanted or even if it's what I like.

Yes, DiFabio loved it! :yess:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back