The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll wait a bit to let it sink in before I post my thoughts. Maybe even see it again.

I'm sort of shocked. The film isn't bad and there are a ton of great, action filled scenes but man, I don't know. The direction they went in with every character is just odd. It's like someone else made this movie. Most of those rumors that we saw a year ago ended up being true, which I just can't believe. It's like fan fiction or something. It's so different compared to Begins and TDK, but not necessarily in a good way. I don't know. So many weird things. So many impossible, unrealistic things. A lot of it is just absurd. Boy am I confused. There's going to be so many analysis posts about it's lot holes.

Oh and I went in open minded to Bane but boy is he a one dimensional piece of ____. I HATED him. He's so goofy and lolzy and his characterization just made me sick. I'll be genuinely surprised if fans like him. He's so bad and not in the "villain" sort of way. Just a preachy, dull, annoying ass hole. Without giving anything away, he's like a lackey, a big dopey brother figure to one of the characters in the film.

John Blake surprised the hell out of me. He's one of the best things about this film. I ripped him to pieces when I thought he was just a "made up, Nolan Inception character" but I was wrong. He may be the best character.

I just dunno. So confused. Not sure if this is what I wanted or even if it's what I like.

I really agree with most of these points. Blake was great and I wouldn't mind having a figure of him on my shelf. I reluctantly ordered Bane, only because I love the comic character and want to re-create the iconic "moment."

I leave work in 5 hours for the marathon.

Bottom line, an amazing summer and year this will be for movies.

Avengers was awesome, now I want something different, just as entertaining, but different.

Have fun!

This has been a fantastic summer for movies. Actually, I think it's been a fantastic year for movies.

TDK had a different vibe to BB so I'm interested to see how different TDKR is to it's predecessors.

Visually, it's continuation of the style established in TDK, but storywise, ties in directly to BB. Almost to the point of being a
Spoiler Spoiler:

Have fun!

This has been a fantastic summer for movies. Actually, I think it's been a fantastic year for movies.

What's out next summer though? :panic:

Visually, it's continuation of the style established in TDK, but storywise, ties in directly to BB. Almost to the point of being a
Spoiler Spoiler:

Interesting...

Two more sleeps for me.

Accidentally came across what someone says is the ending. Those that have seen it please confirm this is a load of crap

Spoiler Spoiler:

If that's true then I will hate this film.

Overall I really enojoyed the film and thought it was epic, after having such low expectations. Bane was better than expected and so was Catwoman..well Selena anyway.
But after letting it digest I feel a little let down by the ending.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Despite all that I'm looking forward to my second viewing next week. :)

EDIT:Ash Housewares that's exactly my issue with the ending.

Last edited:
What!!!! Really. Oh great. No point seeing it now. Hate ________s that spoil things without warning.

so lemme get this straight.

Spoiler Spoiler:

What!!!! Really. Oh great. No point seeing it now. Hate ________s that spoil things without warning.

Try to give it a chance. It is sort of crazy but in context you might be okay with it.

Oh and I know know how people will feel about this but,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Doesn't bother me but I never want to hear a complaint about killing again if this is acceptable.

so lemme get this straight.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's weird as ____ but, you just have to accept it. It actually plays out well unlike some of the crazy things that happen in the film.

Try to give it a chance. It is sort of crazy but in context you might be okay with it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Doesn't bother me but I never want to hear a complaint about killing again if this is acceptable.

=[ really?

Your making me increasingly down about the film lol. So basically, its just..... like a totally different film to what BB/TDK built upto?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's weird as ____ but, you just have to accept it. It actually plays out well unlike some of the crazy things that happen in the film.

Spoiler Spoiler:

=[ really?
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ok...I get it. This is the "final" act and Nolan wants closure to Batman, but can't you assure us Batman doesn't go out like some punk. Does the final fight between Bane and Batman live up to the hype???:panic:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

But yeah I'm not fussed either way if he did or not.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I knew it. that's just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back