The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The chief complaints seem to be that it's too dark and too loud with too many big ideas. I love dark, I don't mind loud, and I don't need ideas pruposed and resolved for me so I think if those are the complaints I won't have many.

This is exactly how I feel about it too.

omg!

I just got a call from my sister in law.
they own a local theater here in windsor.
they tried calling me last nite for a private screening.
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

anyways its not IMAX so I will wait for tonite.
she said it was the best film she has ever seen.
its so powerfull.

OMG her phone call just made my day.
15HRS PEOPLE !

What I like about Nolans films is the fact they ARENT comics. I dont want to sit and watch a Batman film with about everything ripped from the comic book panels. I dont want bane in spandex wrestling suit. I dont want Joker like Nicholson nor do I want clayface or solomon grundy hulking about etc.

To me they just dont work on screen. BTAS? Perfect. It was animated, a cartoon which heavily influenced the comics. Love that. But in real life, on the silver screen with REAL actors they just dont work.

Id laugh if Bale went and faced a Bane thats 7ft tall in spandex. If I want a comic, ill read it. If I want to play AC, ill play it. If I want to watch BTAS, Ill watch it.

I like what nolan offers. I like the more grounded take. These Nolan films have never been ripped from the comics. Theyve always been kept, like grounded in a sense of hyper-reality.

I love how they dont feel like comic book films. I like how I can see the influences from the comics, like I can say 'oh the blue flower reminds of Shaman issue 1, Legends of the Dark Knight in 1989, same with using fear just like year one'. but im not watching a rip from the comics.

Im seeing stories I know and love, totally revamped. i recognise elements in a completely fresh story. I think some people need to grasp that; They aint comic book films. TDK for gods sake was more of a Crime Thriller with a guy in a batsuit in blunt honesty. I loved that. These are things that ive not read in the comics. I dont know what happens next because ive read the comic theyve took half the film from.

Its the freshness, the fact its not a standard comic book film with the feel good moments, the stare at the camera for 10 seconds after flipping and landing. I like the character driven drama that Batman is, I like the pieces of detective work, the duality of Bruce publicly, and Batman persona, suit or not. I thought it was brilliant when Bruce was pointing out the police officers, Alfred at the computer checking for immediate family in Hospitals. its those moments which truly make the film, because it nails the duality that, Bruce waynes mask is his real face, and when he is the true self, he is Batman in suit and tie.

These to me, arent really comic book films in the sense of Avengers, Spiderman etc.

I bet Christmas is so awesome with Solidsnake and his family. :lol

Snake you recieve a lot of hate around here but you ____ing enjoy the ____ outta life and I can respect that. Keep on keepin' on brotha!

The chief complaints seem to be that it's too dark
Its Batman...that's sorta his thing right? ;)

The darker the better. It's actually hard to pull of a movie like that, in this politicaly correct trend of cinema aimed at popcorn muching teenagers. Besides, if there's one superhero that owns "dark and depressing" like a tailored suit, its Batman. Beside's it's the strenght of this series. The dark, oppresing atmosphere was one of the reasons TDK was so well recieved by critics.

Last edited:
The chief complaints seem to be that it's too dark

Which is why I question the overall box office grossing, with ticket prices and all, of it's too dark it might turn people away. Avengers' success was due to the fun of the movie, people go to movies to feel better not sad.

Which is why I question the overall box office grossing, with ticket prices and all, of it's too dark it might turn people away. Avengers' success was due to the fun of the movie, people go to movies to feel better not sad.

Grossing doesnt matter in the end. I mean when youve got the price of 3D tickets against 2d tickets, and the fact every cinema here has 3D but only 5 has IMAX, the one who makes the money doesnt show which film is seen more; ticket sales show that figure, so unless they balance it out, highest grossing doesnt mean its the most seen.

Saw it tonight (Go Australia:rock)

Here is MY review. If you do not agree with what I have to say please refrain from sending me death threats:monkey1

The Dark Knight Rises finishes the trilogy on an epic scale. Filled with well known faces, and some unknown, the movie hails back to it's predecessors while making it's own voice heard loud and clear. However there is one voice in this movie that isn't load and clear. Even with voice dubbing, Bane's dialogue proves hard to understand at many times throughout the movie. But while it's hard to fully understand, it is most certainly menacing. Bane is a ferocious character, a monster in the eyes of those who know him. He may not be the charismatic madman the Joker was, but he knows how to drive a city into chaos, and how to strike fear into it's citizens.

Catwomen also deserves a mention for her charm, wits and heart. Anne Hathaway has done a stand out job, but it's nothing we haven't seen from her. You get what you came for is the best way to describe her character. As always Christian Bale executes Batman perfectly, but this time around he injects so much more emotion and determination into the role. As he must learn to rise from the shadows, he must also learn to embrace fear, and use it as his strength. Honourable mentions go out to all the usual cast members, but I don't want to say much else. Biggest gripe which will affect the score; first half hour or so was lacking severely. Trying to set up the multiple plot points has revealed Nolans weakness. But fear not, the last 2 and a bit hours are awesome:rock

The Dark Knight Rises - 9/10

Titanic made people feel better?

Saw it tonight (Go Australia:rock)

Here is MY review. If you do not agree with what I have to say please refrain from sending me death threats:monkey1

The Dark Knight Rises finishes the trilogy on an epic scale. Filled with well known faces, and some unknown, the movie hails back to it's predecessors while making it's own voice heard loud and clear. However there is one voice in this movie that isn't load and clear. Even with voice dubbing, Bane's dialogue proves hard to understand at many times throughout the movie. But while it's hard to fully understand, it is most certainly menacing. Bane is a ferocious character, a monster in the eyes of those who know him. He may not be the charismatic madman the Joker was, but he knows how to drive a city into chaos, and how to strike fear into it's citizens.

Catwomen also deserves a mention for her charm, wits and heart. Anne Hathaway has done a stand out job, but it's nothing we haven't seen from her. You get what you came for is the best way to describe her character. As always Christian Bale executes Batman perfectly, but this time around he injects so much more emotion and determination into the role. As he must learn to rise from the shadows, he must also learn to embrace fear, and use it as his strength. Honourable mentions go out to all the usual cast members, but I don't want to say much else. Biggest gripe which will affect the score; first half hour or so was lacking severely. Trying to set up the multiple plot points has revealed Nolans weakness. But fear not, the last 2 and a bit hours are awesome:rock

The Dark Knight Rises - 9/10

Nice review bro. :clap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back