The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bane isn't a weak villain, nolan just used him wrong and watered him down. bane is the anti batman. the same smarts & all that, but without the moral code

Bane does have a moral code of sorts. Just look at Gotham Knight issues 47-49, the Bane run of Veritas Liberat.

Bane thinks Thomas wayne is his father, so he approaches Batman, stays in the cave, when they find out Thomas Wayne isnt his father, Batman and Bane part ways with batmans blessing to find his real father, and Bruce wayne funds Bane with all the money he needs.

And in issue 35, Tabula Rasa, the two fight alongside to clean up the streets.

So bane does have moral code.

Well To be Fair Nolan did say at first he wasn't sure about making a Third movie, didn't he sat at first he wasnt feeling it??

And If BANE sucks so much? who would have been a better Villain? besides Ras, Who?

again, nolan screwed up by going too real. batman doesn't have many human villains. could you imagine what a sewer fight with killer croc would've been like?

Bane does have a moral code of sorts. Just look at Gotham Knight issues 47-49, the Bane run of Veritas Liberat.

Bane thinks Thomas wayne is his father, so he approaches Batman, stays in the cave, when they find out Thomas Wayne isnt his father, Batman and Bane part ways with batmans blessing to find his real father, and Bruce wayne funds Bane with all the money he needs.

And in issue 35, Tabula Rasa, the two fight alongside to clean up the streets.

So bane does have moral code.

that's after batman comes back and stomps his ass :lol

bane isn't a weak villain, nolan just used him wrong and watered him down. bane is the anti batman. the same smarts & all that, but without the moral code

:lecture Yes. This is how I remember Bane in the books. It would've been neat to have a few Bane cameos in TDK that portrayed him watching Batman going after Joker, but not engaging him just observing and waiting for an opportune time.

The Joker. But he died.

Exactly.

I know many people thought Coleman Reese would become Riddler. Riddler wouldve been a good character, especially to test the detective and thinking of Batman. thats something I love, but was only used a few times in TDK.

Nolan needed to do more than just 3 films. The first film was the beginning, the 2nd film was escalation, showing us Batmans increasing detective skills and his belief in good. Psychologically strengthening.

We needed to see batman using his extreme intelligence and detective skills. Doing Riddler akin to Arkham City; Riddler kidnapping people, putting them in contraptions that are like SAW movies.

So that couldve been an option. Hush wouldve been great; Imagine Hush cutting someones face off from the mob, and them turning into Black Mask. A full, Mob warfare in Gotham after Maroni and the crime families fell because of Joker.

Hush and Black Mask, combined with The riddler couldve carried a film, and it wouldve been a very interesting film. Bane with Rhas wouldve been a better alternative. Clayface couldve been a state-of the art convict who can mould faces to himself and become anyone.

I know alot wouldnt like deviating from the comic origins, but the things which couldve been done with more than 3 films, is quite alot. I love the idea of hush making Black Mask and going into a Mob turf war for Gotham. We never got that in BB or TDK. No fight for power when the families fell.

Clayface couldve been very interesting be it making moulding masks or even doing plastic surgery to change himself, keeping inline with the sense of hyper-reality.

again, nolan screwed up by going too real. batman doesn't have many human villains. could you imagine what a sewer fight with killer croc would've been like?

That would've been awesome, but Nolan's too much of a chicken____ to delve into the more fantastical aspects of Batman's rogues gallery. But a Killer Croc done in Nolan's style would've been badass. :(

That would've been awesome, but Nolan's too much of a chicken____ to delve into the more fantastical aspects of Batman's rogues gallery. But a Killer Croc done in Nolan's style would've been badass. :(

.kevin-GREVIOUS-KILLER-CROC-UNDERWORLD-ACTOR-WARNER-BROS-DC-COMICS-SUPERHERO-LEEE777.gif

Its not being a chicken. its just.... Would you imagine a guy like a crocodile or a guy who is made of clay walking through TDK????

Nah me neither. Some things in the comics, should stay in the comics. Not everything translates well to the big screen. Im glad Freeze, Penguin and Croc were never considered. They wouldnt work with anything set with BB/TDK

.kevin-GREVIOUS-KILLER-CROC-UNDERWORLD-ACTOR-WARNER-BROS-DC-COMICS-SUPERHERO-LEEE777.gif

Its not being a chicken. its just.... Would you imagine a guy like a crocodile or a guy who is made of clay walking through TDK????

Nah me neither. Some things in the comics, should stay in the comics. Not everything translates well to the big screen. Im glad Freeze, Penguin and Croc were never considered. They wouldnt work with anything set with BB/TDK

I bought Hulk and even Abomination (which shares similarities with Croc). :wave Nolan could've even easily hid those aspects in the shadows utilizing his darker style. So yes, it very much was him being a chicken____ and looking for the easy villains.

Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Freeze, Deadshot, Firefly, Black Mask, Great White, two-face, Calendar Man, Zsas, Ventriloquist/scarface, Hugo strange, Hush, KGBeast, Mad hatter, Ivy, rhas, Red Hood, Scarecrow, Tweedledee/dum,.... Could go Dollmaker's family like Jack-in-the-box and so forth from the new 52.

But most of bats' villains are human XD

It might not have been too fantastical. If Nolan featured a guy with severe Ichtyhyosis, and done it properly without super CGI/mutation/genetic stuff, Killer Croc would definitely be awesome.

Exactly.

I know many people thought Coleman Reese would become Riddler. Riddler wouldve been a good character, especially to test the detective and thinking of Batman. thats something I love, but was only used a few times in TDK.

Nolan needed to do more than just 3 films. The first film was the beginning, the 2nd film was escalation, showing us Batmans increasing detective skills and his belief in good. Psychologically strengthening.

We needed to see batman using his extreme intelligence and detective skills. Doing Riddler akin to Arkham City; Riddler kidnapping people, putting them in contraptions that are like SAW movies.

So that couldve been an option. Hush wouldve been great; Imagine Hush cutting someones face off from the mob, and them turning into Black Mask. A full, Mob warfare in Gotham after Maroni and the crime families fell because of Joker.

Hush and Black Mask, combined with The riddler couldve carried a film, and it wouldve been a very interesting film. Bane with Rhas wouldve been a better alternative. Clayface couldve been a state-of the art convict who can mould faces to himself and become anyone.

I know alot wouldnt like deviating from the comic origins, but the things which couldve been done with more than 3 films, is quite alot. I love the idea of hush making Black Mask and going into a Mob turf war for Gotham. We never got that in BB or TDK. No fight for power when the families fell.

Clayface couldve been very interesting be it making moulding masks or even doing plastic surgery to change himself, keeping inline with the sense of hyper-reality.

MY NAME!! MY NAME!!

:cuss :cuss :cuss :stake :stake :computer :ignore:

I bought Hulk and even Abomination (which shares similarities with Croc). :wave Nolan could've even easily hid those aspects in the shadows utilizing his darker style. So yes, it very much was him being a chicken____ and looking for the easy villains.

Well, no. its not. You cant have a fight basically in the Shadows to hide most of croc. it would be ridiculous.

Thing is. Nolan set the precedent for none of the more fantasy villains; Scarecrow doesnt have a body full of hay, infat Hay doesnt even come into scarecrow apart from making his mask probably. Joker isnt really... well funny or a joker. Its a more serious, psychotic terrorist/murderer.

Clayface, Freeze, Croc, Grundy, they just wouldnt work in the traditional way of the comics. Unless croc is a human cannibal with a skin conditions, or something like that, it would truly work.

But those characters just dont fit into the interpretation or vision of Batman Nolan has. I mean, we looked at the 'comic book' style characters; Lee Jones murdered Two-face, Carrey was horrible as Riddler, Thurman was poor as Ivy, Schwarzenegger butchered Freeze and Bane? Total abomination.

I don't see why Freeze was too fantastical? He's just a guy with an abnormal temperature issues. They could have played it realistically and still had a temperature-control suit for him. A mobile iron lung type of thing for his "disease", doesn't have to be a full-blown hazmat or dive suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back