The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok people - BUT is it the BEST Superhero movie of ALL TIME as some would like to claim?
Or can we still give that to Avengers for giving us all around fun movie with the perfect balance of characters, heroes, action, humor etc?

Is it safe to just call this a damn good movie and fitting conclusion to one of the best superhero trilogies and leave it at that?

Or is it the crowning achievement in superhero movies and the most EPIC all time movie of the ages, as many will say :wink1:

Omg batman kills people in this ? That means everything in the dark knight was meaningless the joker won.

Slow Your horses. Just becouse he kills people, doesn't mean he gave way to Joker's philosophy. Reserve such dramatic judgments after You saw the movie. There are plenty of reasons for Batman to kill, and still be faithfull to the two previous movies. I actually think it fits the character in many ways. He is a hero, but he also is kind of a psychopath. We had many Batman potrayals in the comics and the movies, in which he would sometimes kill people.

Knew this would happen. Nolan played his ace way too early by having the Joker in the second movie. Was never gonna be topped.

Eeee...what? So You think he should plan ahead and keep his ideas for a movie, he wasn't even thinking about at the time?

So it seems most of the complaints, weak villain
Weak villain? Sure, Bane is not gonna make as big a mark as Joker did, but there are many reviews that praise Hardy's performance. I absolutely love the idea of pychopatic brute, with a ____$% up philosophy, that he forces on a whole city, terrorising its inhabbitants. All that packaged in a militaristic, though body and subtlety to the eyes.

One thing I forgot to mentioned about this movie is that it doesn't feel like a super hero movie at all. That accolade actually goes to Batman Begins.

In TDKR, I felt like I was watching a crime drama most of the time.

The fight scenes are so much better this time though. Best in the series and you can really see Batman unique fighting style. The fight with bane is really good and brutal. Definitely one of the highlights of the film.

I have no problem with a slow start at all, but the concern for myself is bane...dude looks stupid first off. Not a cool looking depiction and the fact that you can hear every 4th word doesn't help

Seeing this tonight. Expectations very, very low. Like Spiderman 3 low

I am not sure why so many people have trouble understanding Bane. He sounds fine to me. I was expecting not to understand him much cause last year at the IMAX preview everyone was saying he is basically gibberish. I am sure after the negative response from that preview, the studio forced Nolan to redubbed Bane.

Ok people - BUT is it the BEST Superhero movie of ALL TIME as some would like to claim?
Or can we still give that to Avengers for giving us all around fun movie with the perfect balance of characters, heroes, action, humor etc?

Is it safe to just call this a damn good movie and fitting conclusion to one of the best superhero trilogies and leave it at that?

Or is it the crowning achievement in superhero movies and the most EPIC all time movie of the ages, as many will say :wink1:

Avengers had perfect balance of characters? Hulk and Hawkeye was under used heavily. And it was a CGI fessed and typical comic book film with heroes uniting to save the worlds from alienz! Boring.

But Batman isnt a superhero and I prefered ASM over Avengers, but thats because I dont like Chris Evans, I dont like Cap America, I dont like Thor, I dont like Hulk and I dont like Hawkeye or the depiction of Black Widow.

put it this way, Take away Iron Man and Downey Jr and take away Hulk; The film would be average.

Avengers had perfect balance of characters? Hulk and Hawkeye was under used heavily. And it was a CGI fessed and typical comic book film with heroes uniting to save the worlds from alienz! Boring.

But Batman isnt a superhero and I prefered ASM over Avengers, but thats because I dont like Chris Evans, I dont like Cap America, I dont like Thor, I dont like Hulk and I dont like Hawkeye or the depiction of Black Widow.

put it this way, Take away Iron Man and Downey Jr and take away Hulk; The film would be average.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

Weak villain? Sure, Bane is not gonna make as big a mark as Joker did, but there are many reviews that praise Hardy's performance. I absolutely love the idea of pychopatic brute, with a ____$% up philosophy, that he forces on a whole city, terrorising its inhabbitants. All that packaged in a militaristic, though body and subtlety to the eyes.

Bane is a Weak villain to carry a nearly 3hr Film. Hardy probably does a phenomenal job, but the character itself, Bane, is to me, and always will be, a man who matches Batmans strength, is intelligent but thats it. Theres no substance to the character or conflic with batman.

He is a right hand man of a larger villain IMO.

Sup?

Ive never liked Cap America, Never liked Thor, Hulk is boring, never liked Hawkeye and I didnt like eye-candy for geeks version of Widow. Whats wrong with that?

Marvel only has Spiderman, Punisher, X-men and Iron man to me. I dont like the others. I dont like Avengers even if Spidey/Wolverine are in it. Just like I cant stand DC apart from Batman.

Avengers all the way for me.

Ive never liked Cap America, Never liked Thor, Hulk is boring, never liked Hawkeye and I didnt like eye-candy for geeks version of Widow. Whats wrong with that?

I don't really want to derail the TDKR thread with Avengers topics but given that, you pretty much hate Avengers, period. Why bother going to see it? :confused:

Sup?

Marvel only has Spiderman, Punisher, X-men and Iron man to me. I dont like the others. I dont like Avengers even if Spidey/Wolverine are in it. Just like I cant stand DC apart from Batman.

Exactly....so I'm asking the WRONG guy so why even bother replying to my thread lol If you don't even like half the characters in the movie then of course it's fail for you lol

That being said, I was never a huge fan of any of those guys, but it was a well made, fun action movie that kicked ass and had me clapping for more. Whether I was hardcore into the characters or not meant nothing.

Exactly....so I'm asking the WRONG guy so why even bother replying to my thread lol If you don't even like half the characters in the movie then of course it's fail for you lol

That being said, I was never a huge fan of any of those guys, but it was a well made, fun action movie that kicked ass and had me clapping for more. Whether I was hardcore into the characters or not meant nothing.

Because I can reply?

And that it was, it was very well made, CGI was perfect, had a great script and was mindless fun. It wasn't a fail for me either. But Chris evans is a crap actor. All I see is that god awful Johnny Storm. I cant see past it. just like Punisher, I couldnt stop seeing Mystique. Im just not interested in alot of comic book characters.

I mean, I read ultimate Avengers, didnt mind that some great stories.

Its just, from a film stand point, I love story and character driven drama, which is why TDK appealed massively to me because that in effect, was a crime thriller come character driven drama with lots of dialogue.

Im not an action movie fan. Dont mind action, but I like my brain to be worked and to have dialogue and story to digest.

So basically, from the spoilers ive read from you DiFabio about blake, theyve pulled an MGS4 on us; Gone too far forward in time, skipped god knows how many years (8 in TDKR), left a load of back story out, and really, they shouldve had a 3rd film which will then lead onto TDKR?

the whole series has been a mess since begins, that's what happens when you take from a bunch of batman stories to make one story. nolan painted himself in a corner

the should have done bane the right way and had him track batman & figure him out through the first 2 movies. then free arkham and wear batman down recapturing the inmates(they could've shown more of the rouges gallery without committing huge chunks of screentime) in the 2nd & midway through the 3rd and then go from there

the whole series has been a mess since begins, that's what happens when you take from a bunch of batman stories to make one story. nolan painted himself in a corner

the should have done bane the right way and had him track batman & figure him out through the first 2 movies. then free arkham and wear batman down recapturing the inmates(they could've shown more of the rouges gallery without committing huge chunks of screentime) in the 2nd & midway through the 3rd and then go from there

Problem is, Noland had 3 films. 2 and a half films gone on Bane and a few in mates.... Wouldnt work.

What they couldve done, is have Rhas give Bane the mission of shadowing Bruce Wayne whilst he takes down Scarecrow. TDK would be where he beats Joker and Dent, and then gets beaten to a pulp by Bane, ending with Batman being taken away by Rhas and Bane.

Bane would do this easily because he has assessed batman, with surgical precision he strikes Batman in his weak spots, and takes him back to Rhas who leaves him for dead. TDKR would be the story of Bruce rising and Batman re-affirming his status as Legend, taking down Bane before going after Rhas.

That wouldve been a miles better way of doing the story full circle.

I expected a slow start with a 'building up' middle and action packed end. Bane though, is a weak villain in the comics. I mean, a whole film carried by Bane was always going to be a struggle. I believe Nolans hand was forced by ledgers passing. The exchanges with Joker in the Interrogation scene and at the end, set up for future meeting.

But Bane is a weak villain. I always look at Bane as a secondary villain. Cool, but like Scarecrow, Freeze, Riddler, Penguin.... side villain, a support cast. He isnt a Joker or Rhas or Twoface; a deep story and history between them and Batman. Jokers psychology etc, Rhas' teachings and upbringing of Bruce. Bane has none of that.

bane isn't a weak villain, nolan just used him wrong and watered him down. bane is the anti batman. the same smarts & all that, but without the moral code

Well To be Fair Nolan did say at first he wasn't sure about making a Third movie, didn't he sat at first he wasnt feeling it??

And If BANE sucks so much? who would have been a better Villain? besides Ras, Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back