The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

bane was there next to Gordon i think...he was talking to him.

Why would they reboot again after this.they should leave it alone methinks.

Well we have got every indication that Nolans finale to Rises will have a certain finality to it, whether Batman dies or is nonlonger needed, who knows

Maybe it is pretty simple and he defeats Bane and becomes the legend he was meant to become, in which case I fully agree any follow on movies should just build from there

But if it's something along the lines of my first couple of scenarios, then there will be no choice but to reboot.

Even if rebooted though, I don't think the origin story needs retelling again, a new director could just do a series with him as an established phenomenon

Ok got it Gordon was in the bed

"we were in this together...now that your gone...they can see you...rising...the batman needs to come back"

"what if he doesn't exist anymore"

"she must give up"

It was tough to make out that last line so it could be wrong

Regardless of where Nolan takes things, I forsee the next film, unless Nolan stays involved for writing or producing, will go a new direction. WB may want to keep it going cuz of Nolan's success, but another director trying to do Nolan's world will be like others taking over Terminator from Cameron and such. When a director establishes the world fans like, if you must continue with movies, best to separate yourself. If they try to follow Nolan's, if people don't like it they'll get pissed and say you ruined it. They'll say stuff like that with a reboot, but if they make the new ones unique from Nolan's but still good, I think it'll be fine. I think any Bat film trying to be a Nolan movie without him will just take too much heat and won't work out in the end.

so a reboot after a reboot? the franchise is not even 10 years old

bane was there next to Gordon i think...he was talking to him.

Why would they reboot again after this.they should leave it alone methinks.

Why wouldn't they reboot. Do you never want to see another Batman film? Of course they are going to keep making them and keep retelling the same story and they will until people stop going to see them. Would you have been happy if they stoped after the 80's versions and never did Begins?

Last edited:

Ok got it Gordon was in the bed

"we were in this together...now that your gone...they can see you...rising...the batman needs to come back"

"what if he doesn't exist anymore"

"she must give up"

It was tough to make out that last line so it could be wrong

"We were in this together...and then you were gone...now this...evil rises...the Batman has to come back."

"What if he doesn't exist anymore?"

"He must....he..must..."

Why woudn't they reboot. Do you never want to see another Batman film? Of course they are going to keep making them and keep retelling the same story and they will until people stop going to see them. Would you have been happy if they stoped after the 80's versions and never did Begins?

Because Nolan's version is over....after Rises, it's done.

They'll retell the story in a new style, with new actors, new villians, all that jazz, and do something different from the Nolan films.

That's about the only positive thing I can say about Joel Schumacher when he took over the Batman series from Tim Burton. He DEFINITELY made the series his. And there was enough contrast that it was immediately apparent that Burton was no longer attached. Still Batman, but completely different.

"We were in this together...and then you were gone...now this...evil rises...the Batman has to come back."

"What if he doesn't exist anymore?"

"He must....he..must..."

Wow i was a bit off :slap it was really hard to hear on my iPhone and since I'm still at work I was going nuts trying to figure it out...thanks for clarifying it :hi5:

Which is why I'm excited to see where the next director takes his vision.

That's about the only positive thing I can say about Joel Schumacher when he took over the Batman series from Tim Burton. He DEFINITELY made the series his. And there was enough contrast that it was immediately apparent that Burton was no longer attached. Still Batman, but completely different.

Very true...Schumacher went for a very colorful comic book look to his world. I can see this happening there will be more BM after Nolan. They probably won't compare, then there will be a long time where you won't hear anything about BM. Then a director will come along start all over again, because enough time will have passed to redo an origin movie they'll knock it out of the park and bang another trilogy will be born. History just repeating itself.

Exclusive SDCC figure...

racheeel.jpg

Likeness is off :mad:

I photoshopped the changes that should be made:

racheeel.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back