The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

As soon as The Mike said that I was just waiting for you to post that pic. Perfect timing.

Because Nolan's version is over....after Rises, it's done.

They'll retell the story in a new style, with new actors, new villians, all that jazz, and do something different from the Nolan films.

I am happy that they are doing this. I love all things batman. Nolan really became my favorite part of it with the last movie though. Even topped BTAS for me. I'm sure this trilogy will be among the best batman related media for a very long time.

But in looking ahead, I'd like to get a more live action arkham city sorta thing. Keeping the seriousness and adding in even more fantastical elements. As long as they don't decide to be like, "We know...this is crazy right?!" and have the wb frog dance around, it wouldn't be too hard for the general public to think it's awesome.

Heck, I'd be more than happy if they just released more animated versions of the graphic novels.

Umm yeah, it's called a reboot. It's already been confirmed that the Batman franchise will be rebooted post TDKR.

Reboot or not, it'd be business suicide starting a reboot after the last series killed off the main character.

Mark my words.

Batman will go down in this movie and it will be by Banes's hands.

Then he will be resurrected and will Rise (hence the chant while climbing into the light).

The part I can't figure out is Ra's role in all of this.

Will Ras resurrect Batman hoping that he will join the League once Risen or will Batman Rise without Ra's help.

Last edited:

Mark my words.

Batman will go down in this movie and it will be by Banes's hands.

Then he will be resurrected and will Rise (hence the chant while climbing into the light).

The part I can't figure out is Ra's role in all of this.

Will Ra's resurrect Batman hoping that he will join the League once Risen or will Batman Rise without Ra's help.

Resurrect? WTF?

The closest thing I can see to Batman dying is, in the middle act Batman gets his ass handed to him by Bane, nearly killing him. The public somehow witnesses this encounter and Batman is considered dead. In reality, Bruce just gives up using it as the perfect time to retire. With Bruce's hiatus, everyone assumes the Batman is dead and Bane slowly takes over Gotham.

Then something happens to Gordon which is shown in the teaser and Batman is encouraged or needed again. Judging by Gordon's dialogue, something has happened to Batman.

Bruce then goes back and trains we get mirrored scenes from Begins (epic montages of him designing a new suit, doing push ups, working on the batcave) and BAM, Batman's back, saves the city and ____ing beats down big gay Bane.

So yeah, Batman dies and comes back but in reality, Bruce just stopped because he could die if he kept going and perhaps it's better for the Gotham to think he's gone for a bit.

See, "The Man Who Killed Batman".

bumped into this picture, dont know if its been posted or not.
catwoman.jpg

Because Nolan's version is over....after Rises, it's done.

They'll retell the story in a new style, with new actors, new villians, all that jazz, and do something different from the Nolan films.

I know, thats why I said of course they would reboot it. And I have no problem with it since I can see all the versions as seperate film groups.

Resurrect? WTF?

The closest thing I can see to Batman dying is, in the middle act Batman gets his ass handed to him by Bane, nearly killing him. The public somehow witnesses this encounter and Batman is considered dead. In reality, Bruce just gives up using it as the perfect time to retire. With Bruce's hiatus, everyone assumes the Batman is dead and Bane slowly takes over Gotham.

Then something happens to Gordon which is shown in the teaser and Batman is encouraged or needed again. Judging by Gordon's dialogue, something has happened to Batman.

Bruce then goes back and trains we get mirrored scenes from Begins (epic montages of him designing a new suit, doing push ups, working on the batcave) and BAM, Batman's back, saves the city and ____ing beats down big gay Bane.

So yeah, Batman dies and comes back but in reality, Bruce just stopped because he could die if he kept going and perhaps it's better for the Gotham to think he's gone for a bit.

See, "The Man Who Killed Batman".

Awesome post.!:rock

This will happen. :lecture

actually Ra's is most likely going to be all Flash Backs as its a young Ras that they are filming. He probably will have his hands in finding a young Bane and training him for many years. Then Bane goes to Gotham to take down who killed the only man known to him that was a father figure. He goes to Gotham, reeks havoc on the city because Batman left, puts Alfred and Gordon in the hospital, and finally Bruce realizes he needs to come back.

thats my guess...

Yes, but
Spoiler Spoiler:

Why wouldn't they reboot. Do you never want to see another Batman film? Of course they are going to keep making them and keep retelling the same story and they will until people stop going to see them. Would you have been happy if they stoped after the 80's versions and never did Begins?

Oh dont get me wrong,id love a reboot...just not so soon after this trilogy...say like what they have done with Spidey...too soon.
Id rather ala Superman....and space the years out abit.

I'd rather not see a reboot till' I'm not here anymore. I've fallen in too much love with Nolan's take. Don't get me wrong, I love everything batman. But I'd rather see them making more stuff like the Batman: Year One animated movie instead of rebooting it too soon. It would be bitter sweet if they did.

Yes, but
Spoiler Spoiler:

I just have a hard time believing Nolan would go supernatural with a Lazarus Pit. ive seen the photos that are supposed to be the pit, but just hard to believe thats what those photos are of.

we shall see :)

I just have a hard time believing Nolan would go supernatural with a Lazarus Pit.

we shall see :)

Yeah, me too. But knowing Nolan he has away to get around things like that. The teaser's tone was about what I expected it to be after hearing that Bane and CW were gonna be the villains. If he would have gone with the tone that TDK was in it probably would have felt more cheesy, this is pretty close to BB's tone.

EDIT: 500 Posts!!!!!!:panic::panic:

Last edited:

Well I'll be damn this trailer isnt online already ? Just what are they waiting for ? If they dont want the freaking trailer on the internet then why did they freaking release it.
I might get some smart remark from some batfan but I just don't understand this whole release a trailer but forbid it to be on the internet lol.

I think Bane will have a similar background story to "The Vengeance of Bane". wont say what it is incase people havent read it...but i highly recommend it.

Well I'll be damn this trailer isnt online already ? Just what are they waiting for ? If they dont want the freaking trailer on the internet then why did they freaking release it.
I might get some smart remark from some batfan but I just don't understand this whole release a trailer but forbid it to be on the internet lol.

probably because they had a certain date set on when they will put it officially on the internet and that the HP film exclusively had the rights to it for the first week during the HP previews.

they do this with music. Some bands will give certain websites exclusive rights to tracks for a week or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back