The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

It is a lot of fun indeed. I loved speculating with TDK and Nolan still surprised me in the end in a wonderful way, I am expecting the same here :D

It is a lot of fun indeed. I loved speculating with TDK and Nolan still surprised me in the end in a wonderful way, I am expecting the same here :D

I'm just as guilty of this practice :yess:

But I also enjoy having fun with it and making fun of myself and the material is part of that process.....I have no problem defacing a TDKR poster :lol

That's why i will watch any trailer, i love to guess how the movie will play oit and usually it's not what i imagine so nothing is ruined.

regardless of what we expect or try and think is going to happen I hope this goes above and beyond our expectations the way TDK did. I really don't see this movie being anything but ____ing epic as hell.

regardless of what we expect or try and think is going to happen I hope this goes above and beyond our expectations the way TDK did. I really don't see this movie being anything but ____ing epic as hell.

Everyone certainly hopes the same and based on Nolan's history, lightning may just strike again (for me this would make it lightning in a bottle for the 3rd time because I love BB just as much as TDK).

That being said, even great directors themselves admit that sometimes things don't work out as planned even with the best of intentions and disasters can and do happen.

Look at Fincher and Aliens 3 for just one example.

Look at Lucas and everything after Return of the Jedi. :lol

Last edited:

Given how much time and thought they've put into this (TDKR will be released a whooping 4 yrs post TDK, which is unprecedented IMO for a sequel to a billion dollar film) - I am VERY confident they have thought their story through really well.

the only movie Nolan has made im not a huge fan of is Insomnia. it was ok, but nothing great. it was a remake anyway.

his first film he ever did "Following" is amazing, especially for how low budget it was. its such a fantastic story and you can see how his style has grown.

and the one i love a lot in The Prestige. its so good!!! it sort of didnt get too much recognition when it came out, but its one of my favorites of all time.

and of course Inception which i thought deserved Best Picture last year. Kings Speech was good, but Inception i think was ground breaking. If it came out later in the year it might of won. But because it came out earlier than Social Network and Kings Speech, it might of won. it just didnt have the buzz towards the end of the year like those two had...

I actually like Alien #3 better than #2 :)

the only movie Nolan has made im not a huge fan of is Insomnia. it was ok, but nothing great. it was a remake anyway.

his first film he ever did "Following" is amazing, especially for how low budget it was. its such a fantastic story and you can see how his style has grown.

and the one i love a lot in The Prestige. its so good!!! it sort of didnt get too much recognition when it came out, but its one of my favorites of all time.

and of course Inception which i thought deserved Best Picture last year. Kings Speech was good, but Inception i think was ground breaking. If it came out later in the year it might of won. But because it came out earlier than Social Network and Kings Speech, it might of won. it just didnt have the buzz towards the end of the year like those two had...

I actually like Alien #3 better than #2 :)

I still need to see 'The Following' :slap Keep meaning to..

Agree Inception deserved Best Picture but I also think TDK deserved a Best Picture nomination.

I'd rank his Films as follows
- Inception
- Begins / TDK tied for me
- Memento
- The Prestige
- Insomnia

Everyone certainly hopes the same and based on Nolan's history, lightning may just strike again (for me this would make it lightning in a bottle for the 3rd time because I love BB just as much as TDK).

That being said, even great directors themselves admit that sometimes things don't work out as planned and disasters can and do happen.

Look at Fincher and Aliens 3 for just one example.

Look at Lucas and everything after Return of the Jedi. :lol

:lol That is very true. But I have faith in Nolan. That guy knows what he's doing and I doubt he would make this film if there was a chance at it bombing.

I read an interview before he decided to do TDKR that was him talking about how he wasn't sure he wanted to do a third because most 3rd installments suck and he didn't want to do that to batman. Then he said after a long while he found a story that intrigued him for a 3rd film and now he's behind the directors chair again. :yess:

Given how much time and thought they've put into this (TDKR will be released a whooping 4 yrs post TDK, which is unprecedented IMO for a sequel to a billion dollar film) - I am VERY confident they have thought their story through really well.

4 years is long but TDK was 3 after Begins. I think what really pays off is Nolan being able to do other things in between and come back to Batman. I think Nolan Batman fans owe The Prestige and Inception thanks.

I still need to see 'The Following' :slap Keep meaning to..

Agree Inception deserved Best Picture but I also think TDK deserved a Best Picture nomination.

I'd rank his Films as follows
- Inception
- Begins / TDK tied for me
- Memento
- The Prestige
- Insomnia

its even hard to rank his films because they are all so good. with really only insomnia being his weakest. But yah Inception goes on a different pedestal. its just unlike anything ever done before.

I probably put The Prestige ahead of Memento, but barely. they are both awesome.

I read the book The Prestige as well which was really excellent. his film was based off the book, but not 100% faithful. there was a ton in the book that wasnt in the movie. but none the less, great film!!

he is by far my favorite director. Him and Darren Aronofsky im there opening night for any movie they do. Imagine if Aronofsky got to do Year One all those years ago. Cant even imagine what his Batman would be like...

My Nolan films ranking:

Inception
Memento
The Dark Knight
The Prestige
Batman Begins
Insomnia

And Insomnia is not a bad movie.

My top pics:
The Batman Trilogy
Inception
The Prestige
Memento
Insomnia

I like The Prestige almost as much as Inception. It's Inceptions atmosphere that pulls it up above it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back