The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

So much for "you and I are destined to do this forever".

I have a feeling that maybe Bruce quit being Batman after the events of TDK for these 8 years. Then Bane come onto the scene and Batman returns, kinda like TDKR.

Man, eight years later. That sucks. This probably means that the rumors are true and Bruce is either going to
Spoiler Spoiler:
or
Spoiler Spoiler:

Certainly not the future I was thinking of for Begins and TDK but, whatever. I thought there would be a whole lot more adventures/ stories to tell in this time span, especially after the whole "freak" element that the Joker brought in. Oh well.

With the work Hardy has behind him it seems a shame that this is the first film most people are noticing him in , this or Inception. :rotfl I suppose the same thing happened with Heath Ledger and the majority of people watching TDK.

I just hope this role gives Hardy enough to play with to push out an incredible performance like Ledger and they've not just asked him to act like a big muscle bound idiot.
I've never read anything Batman ever. Did Bane in the comics ever have much of a character ?.
The only thing I've seen of Bane is Batman and Robin. :lol
Obviously he can pull off the look but it would seem a shame to not put Hardy's brilliant acting abilities to use.

So in that time frame, The Joker never broke loose and Batman never came into contact with other criminals/villains from his rogues gallery?

Where was that said or even implied? There doesn't have to be a movie for every fight Batman ever has.

The bigger shame is you haven't read any of the classic Batman books! :lol

But to answer your question, the comic Bane is as intelligent as he's brutal

With the work Hardy has behind him it seems a shame that this is the first film most people are noticing him in , this or Inception. :rotfl I suppose the same thing happened with Heath Ledger and the majority of people watching TDK.

I just hope this role gives Hardy enough to play with to push out an incredible performance like Ledger and they've not just asked him to act like a big muscle bound idiot.
I've never read anything Batman ever. Did Bane in the comics ever have much of a character ?.
The only thing I've seen of Bane is Batman and Robin. :lol
Obviously he can pull off the look but it would seem a shame to not put Hardy's brilliant acting abilities to use.

I don't agree in recomend TDR for someone who is asking to know Bats in the comics. Is a damm good story, but for my point of view a little bit overrated. Dark Knight Returns is the evolution of the Bats we see at All Star Batman, and I dont like much that Bats... nevertheless, a classic that all Batman Fans should know and have =P

I recomend all this:

Year One -Classic-
Long Halloween -A great story that fit PERFECT with Year One-
Dark Victory -love it, the finale for the arc from Year One and Long Halloween, and the beginning of the world we know of Bats.
Arkham Asylum - Great art and deep history-
Killing Joke
This one is great but I don't now if you must read this before knowing some stuff abut the Bats family.
KNIGHTFALL GREAT GREAT story,
The Cult

And if you want some easy lecture, great art and a wonderfull view of the actual world of Batman, I recommend HUSH.

If you played Arkham Asylum and Arkham City games (if you don't.. get a xbox/ps3 and play those right away! hahaha) I recommend you to read Cataclysm and NO MANS LAND.

:rotfl 8 YEARS :rotfl

Gordon's kid should be a rookie cop in this time frame, either that or he's occupying Gotham Financial district because he's mired in student loans :lol

Last edited:

Can't disagree with anything here :)

I don't agree in recomend TDR for someone who is asking to know Bats in the comics. Is a damm good story, but for my point of view a little bit overrated. Dark Knight Returns is the evolution of the Bats we see at All Star Batman, and I dont like much that Bats... nevertheless, a classic that all Batman Fans should know and have =P

I recomend all this:

Year One -Classic-
Long Halloween -A great story that fit PERFECT with Year One-
Dark Victory -love it, the finale for the arc from Year One and Long Halloween, and the beginning of the world we know of Bats.
Arkham Asylum - Great art and deep history-
Killing Joke
This one is great but I don't now if you must read this before knowing some stuff abut the Bats family.
KNIGHTFALL GREAT GREAT story,

And if you want some easy lecture, great art and a wonderfull view of the actual world of Batman, I recommend HUSH.

The Cult is also a good damm history. But not as good as the other.

If you played Arkham Asylum and Arkham City games, if you don't get a xbox/ps3 and play those right away! hahaha, I recommend you to read Cataclysm and NO MANS LAND.

Man, people laughed at me for suggesting 5-6 years. :lol

Btw - Begins was filmed in '04 and Bale was playing through much of the film, a Wayne that was much younger than his actual age

TDK was set right after that

Now by jumping 8 yrs his real age and movie age will be virtually aligned, kinda cool

Man, people laughed at me for suggesting 5-6 years. :lol

Btw - Begins was filmed in '04 and Bale was playing through much of the film, a Wayne that was much younger than his actual age

TDK was set right after that

Now by jumping 8 yrs his real age and movie age will be virtually aligned, kinda cool

I'm open for anything....I will admit that in Nolan I trust :lecture

You think Gordon's grown up kid will play a role in this?

Speaking of physical challenges, what can Tom Hardy tell us about Bane?_"He's brutal. Brutal. He's a big dude who's incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It's not about fighting. It's about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it's nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action."

This is gonna be a real edgy PG13

Few more Recs to add:

The Tower of Babel. A JLA story that is focussed on when Bat's devious ways go wrong.
The Man Who Laughs. Joker's first fight with Bats. Loved it.
Haunted Knight. (Goes with Long Halloween and Dark Victory).

I never read Knightfall completely. Only the odd issue I picked up in Spain [in English] in a newspaper shop on Holiday. Plus, it isn't complete in TPB, if you want the whole saga.

Few more Recs to add:

The Tower of Babel. A JLA story that is focussed on when Bat's devious ways go wrong.
The Man Who Laughs. Joker's first fight with Bats. Loved it.
Haunted Knight. (Goes with Long Halloween and Dark Victory).

I never read Knightfall completely. Only the odd issue I picked up in Spain [in English] in a newspaper shop on Holiday. Plus, it isn't complete in TPB, if you want the whole saga.

Babel is great to see Bats interacting with the DC Universe. Also, Ra's is inside the story, and that's a WIN. Good choice.

The Man who Laught! totally. I completely forgot about this!

Yeap, Knightfall isn't complete in TP... you have to track down the issues and some TP, but trust me, its worthy!

Well, with Into the void and Bloodgear we made a pretty good damm list to start reading Bats =)

Hope someone use it! haha

Thanks for the recommendations.
The funny thing is I've always liked comic look Bats over the movies despite never actually reading anything. They just tend to look more like how I'd imagine batman.

No prob, mate! I'm glad to know that we help you!
Nolan took a lot from the Year one/Long Halloween saga. So, maybe if you like the movies but you want to read some comics to see the "real" Batman, if you let me give you a recomendation of wich one read first, you should read year one and then Long Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back