The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Isn't he supposed to be from the Caribbean?

Yes, but the fictional island that DC created is Spanish colonized so in theory the accent you are hearing should be Spanish in nature, from what I could gather it sounded more Espana than Romania but the garbed diction means they had him record in post wearing it.

Yes, but the fictional island that DC created is Spanish colonized so in theory the accent you are hearing should be Spanish in nature, from what I could gather it sounded more Espana than Romania but the garbed diction means they had him record in post wearing it.

Im pretty sure i read somewhere that someone asked Nolan where Bane was from in the movie and he said England. he sounded quite English to me. Almost old fashioned English. Certainly not the spanish-ish-ish Bane we're used to. I think its probably safe to say he wont be from Santa Prisca in the movie. :lol

Im pretty sure i read somewhere that someone asked Nolan where Bane was from in the movie and he said England. he sounded quite English to me. Almost old fashioned English. Certainly not the spanish-ish-ish Bane we're used to. I think its probably safe to say he wont be from Santa Prisca in the movie. :lol

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly: I got a Jeremy Irons vibe from his voice:

[ame]https://youtu.be/lpBwqoi6ovs[/ame]

Last edited:

It would be cool if Bane spoke like Yoda.

Kill Batman, yes..yes...powerful enemy he is...hmm...my own counsel will I keep on who is too be killed..mudhole..slimy..his Batcave this is....hmm..hmm.

It would be cool if Bane spoke like Yoda.

Kill Batman, yes..yes...powerful enemy he is...hmm...my own counsel will I keep on who is too be killed..mudhole..slimy..his Batcave this is....hmm..hmm.

Shut_Your_Mouth.jpg

Christopher Nolan really has an issue with ethnic villains. Arab Ra's Al Ghul? Okay, let's get Liam Neeson and make no mention of his background. Fair enough. Neeson looks the part. Could be a light-skinned/mixed Middle Easterner, but with Josh Pence in the new movie, that's a big stretch. South American Bane? Let's get an English actor and let him play him as an Englishman.

Nolan seems like a big Bond fan who wants an international scope to his films, but likes reinventing these great international baddies as pasty Brits. I'd hate to see his take on Fu Manchu. He'd probably get Joseph Gordon Levitt, with no make up since he looks Asian enough, and call it a day.

Nolan seems like a big Bond fan who wants an international scope to his films, but likes reinventing these great international baddies as pasty Brits. I'd hate to see his take on Fu Manchu. He'd probably get Joseph Gordon Levitt, with no make up since he looks Asian enough, and call it a day.

This is exactly why he needs to stay well clear of Bond. They just got to making better movies after decades of garbage. Let him go make another movie identical to the rest of his body of work. He can ironically name it Deception. :nana:

Well technically it's a Caribbean Spaniard but I get the point being made. :lol

Well technically it's a Caribbean Spaniard but I get the point being made. :lol
Since Spaniards are white Europeans and Bane's father in the comics is English, I have no problem with Hardy's casting. Rather, I have a problem with the laziness of the filmmakers to change the character's established backstory and ethnicity to suit the actor. Since it hasn't been 100% confirmed, I'd give props to Hardy doing a Hispanic accent. If he is just using a muffled British villain voice, then I'll be a bit disappointed.

Since Spaniards are white Europeans and Bane's father in the comics is English, I have no problem with Hardy's casting. Rather, I have a problem with the laziness of the filmmakers to change the character's established backstory and ethnicity to suit the actor. Since it hasn't been 100% confirmed, I'd give props to Hardy doing a Hispanic accent. If he is just using a muffled British villain voice, then I'll be a bit disappointed.

Picky Picky Picky :lol

It's difficult to gather because most of us watched a crappy bootleg and others who saw it live said it was difficult to hear. I haven't found an article yet that definitely says from Nolan "Bane is from _____" just that he is a lesser known villain so they can screw with his origins a bit. Hopefully we'll see when it hits the web officially in some capacity.

Yes, I guess I am. For example, RDJ is an American playing Sherlock Holmes. The man is at least attempting an English accent to fit the established character. What if Guy Ritchie said ____ it and make Holmes half-American so he can sound like Tony Stark?

Yes, I guess I am. For example, RDJ is an American playing Sherlock Holmes. The man is at least attempting an English accent to fit the established character. What if Guy Ritchie said ____ it and make Holmes half-American so he can sound like Tony Stark?

Sorry, I had the pig HAM from Toy Story in my head and I was in the mood to say his classic line. :lol

You, Mike and Nam are pretty much on the ball with your arguments, please continue with your intellectual and culturally significant discussion on the lack of emphasis placed on metaphorical linguistic values causing character assassinations in modern films :lol

Last edited:

Brace yourself for disappointment, then. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back