The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

But no one is saying the performance was bad or that he wasn't great... just that its posthumous nature had a lot to do with the hype, buzz, and quite likely the Oscar win.

I guess that's "hating" to some? :dunno

I'm not accusing anyone of hating or fanboyism, just weighing in on the Ledger Oscar for the sake of posting. :lol

Is this the Dark Knight thread or the Dark Knight Rises thread? Go debate over this ____ somewhere else. Ledger deserved the oscar and has made the joker a household name and global legend much like Darth Vader.

If you don't like it start a "tim burton is better then sex" thread and go whine about it there.

Anyways, I think the scene in the teaser where wayne is doing push-ups is in the batcave, especially after watching the trailer. Can't wait to see it in front of sherlock this weekend!

Is this the Dark Knight thread or the Dark Knight Rises thread? Go debate over this ____ somewhere else. Ledger deserved the oscar and has made the joker a household name and global legend much like Darth Vader.

If you don't like it start a "tim burton is better then sex" thread and go whine about it there.

^^^ This is exactly the type of angry extremist fanboygasm spoogfest we're talking about. ^^^

Is this the Dark Knight thread or the Dark Knight Rises thread? Go debate over this ____ somewhere else.

That's reasonable.

Ledger deserved the oscar and has made the joker a household name and global legend much like Darth Vader.

Ummmmm....:lol

I love these Bat threads.

Strike Map

SuperHeroHype received a package this morning forhttps://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=63112 The Dark Knight Rises which contained a Bane T-shirt featuring the "Fire Rises" line. Even more interesting is that it came in a cylinder poster holder that has Bane's Strike Map on it with 5 strike zones. While it's not possible to take a picture of the map all at once due to the cylinder shape, we've taken individual shots of each strike zone.

Honestly, Ledger was the only contender for the Nom and the win in 2008. I bet half of you guys never even watched the other nominated movies/actors. It's a simple concept. He was the best and he won. The only competition he had was RDJ. Which was a surprise nod in itself.

It's not that I'm a fanboy, it's that I don't like going through 8 pages of a bull____ debate that shows up in every thread about batman. it was 3 years ago....let it go....everything will be OK. I promise.

Haters_gonna_hate.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl CAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNDEH!!!

Honestly, Ledger was the only contender for the Nom and the win in 2008. I bet half of you guys never even watched the other nominated movies/actors. It's a simple concept. He was the best and he won. The only competition he had was RDJ. Which was a surprise nod in itself.

It's not that I'm a fanboy, it's that I don't like going through 8 pages of a bull____ debate that shows up in every thread about batman. it was 3 years ago....let it go....everything will be OK. I promise.

Sounds like you kinda need to take your own advice. :lecture:lecture:lecture:lol:pfft:

Now important for all you tittybabies whining that because we don't think Nolan and Ledger's Joker were manna from heaven, we must hate it... you're wrong. Does this mean I hate Ledger? Nope. He was a fantastic actor and a treasure to his time. Does this mean I hate Nolan? No. I find his movies entertaining but personally feel he's highly overrated. I'm just looking at things realistically, from a face not covered in fanboy circlejerk bukake.

None of your posts I've read convey that... DiFabio, on the other hand, has conveyed the same thoughts here you JUST expressed above. But until now, all I've seen is negativity. Your arguments usually contradict and make no sense. If you're gonna argue, you need proof. You pass off opinions as fact.

And my point about Johnny Depp? It was said Heath might not have been nominated if he hadn't died.... That nomination for Depp is enough proof for me the Academy would have still at least nominated the guy.

None of your posts I've read convey that... DiFabio, on the other hand, has conveyed the same thoughts here you JUST expressed above. But until now, all I've seen is negativity. Your arguments usually contradict and make no sense. If you're gonna argue, you need proof. You pass off opinions as fact.

And my point about Johnny Depp? It was said Heath might not have been nominated if he hadn't died.... That nomination for Depp is enough proof for me the Academy would have still at least nominated the guy.

Oxymoronic. :cuckoo:

FACT: Ledger's death was covered by the mass media for weeks on end prior to, all during, and even after the film's release.

FACT: That garnered the attention of millions who, normally, would've written off TDK as a ____ing comic book movie.

FACT: TDK had the same impact on impressionistic fanboys that The Crow and Brandon Lee's death had on like fanboys in the 90's, with little wannabes dressing like the character, quoting lines, thinking the actor was one of the best to ever be in Hollywood, etc.

So, the only opinion I see is the one I quoted.

Lol @ "proof" on the internet. :lol

Lol @ People banging on about pointless crap on the internet. You guys seriously gonna remember this in a week or two?

The trailer just leaked, talk about that!

I need a link :D

Lol @ People banging on about pointless crap on the internet. You guys seriously gonna remember this in a week or two?

Link? I'm not about to sift through all the splooge for it. :lol

Get used to it.

I got it downloaded if you want me to send it to you.

Only the first point below is fact, everything else is opinion

Oxymoronic. :cuckoo:

FACT: Ledger's death was covered by the mass media for weeks on end prior to, all during, and even after the film's release.

FACT: That garnered the attention of millions who, normally, would've written off TDK as a ____ing comic book movie.

FACT: TDK had the same impact on impressionistic fanboys that The Crow and Brandon Lee's death had on like fanboys in the 90's, with little wannabes dressing like the character, quoting lines, thinking the actor was one of the best to ever be in Hollywood, etc.

So, the only opinion I see is the one I quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back