The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

I want a battle damaged batman. And wouldn't it be awesome if bane came with a ripped batman cowl as an accessory, like at the end of the prologue?

:panic:

I'm more of a Batman fan than I am a LOTR fan, by FAR but judging by the trailers alone,

The Hobbit > TDKR

TDKR and Avengers can duke it out, The Hobbit will reign supreme. It's been a great month for trailers though. There's some awesome movies ahead. People usually _____ that a certain year won't have any good films but it seems 2012 is chalk full of them. Batman, Lord of the Rings prequel, Spider-Man, Marvel hero team up, etc. all in the same year. DAMN.

That's just the films too, think about all the amazing collectibles that will be coming out.

I'm more of a Batman fan than I am a LOTR fan, by FAR but judging by the trailers alone,

The Hobbit > TDKR

TDKR and Avengers can duke it out, The Hobbit will reign supreme. It's been a great month for trailers though. There's some awesome movies ahead. People usually _____ that a certain year won't have any good films but it seems 2012 is chalk full of them. Batman, Lord of the Rings prequel, Spider-Man, Marvel hero team up, etc. all in the same year. DAMN.

That's just the films too, think about all the amazing collectibles that will be coming out.

Prometheus > Both of them. :lol

I already like the scene of Bane in the prologue and "When Gotham is in ashes, you'll have my permission to die" but that doesn't mean I'm feeling "oh damn, gotta have a figure". :dunno

When the TDK trailer came out I was already thinking, "oh man, gotta have a Joker with a machine gun". Not in 1/6, Hot Toys thinking though. That was way before Hot Toys was known for their Batman figures and at the time, the only "Joker" figure people had to look forward to was the Mattel Movie Master Joker.

Can't argue with that. But, in fairness, every self respecting Batman fan would say: Gotta have that Joker in my collection.

In terms of shelf presence dictated by character design, no one can debate: Joker > Bane.

As far as Bane figures go, I have maybe 3 or 4. A minimate Bane, a BTAS animated Bane (with that throwing feature) and that's about it. Visually, the character has done absolutely nothing for me. I like his whole characterization and "this is the guy that broke Batman" angle and I think Hardy is going to be good based on what I've seen but overall I've always felt "meh" about Bane. This was before Batman and Robin too.

I still say you'll buy one. :lecture

Prometheus > Both of them. :lol

____, I forgot about Prometheus. That too!

Batman, Aliens, Lord of the Rings, Spider-Man, Marvel, oh my. I'm surprised uncle George isn't trying to capitalize on Star Wars next year as well. Oh wait,

star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-menace-3d-poster.jpg

The Hobbit > TDKR

I really have a soft spot for LOTRs but I'm more excited about TDKR. The Hobbit is in 2nd place though, 2012 will be the best year in movies since 2008.

I wonder if Bane ever uses any weapons, like a gun. I highly doubt it as it would go against the idea of the character. Makes you wonder what weapons a figure like Bane would even have. It'd probably just be some fists, a detonator, and if collectors were lucky, a destroyed Batman cowl.

:goodpost: :pray:

I must admit, I was naughty and hacked Maglor's comp. That gay image of Supes puttin' the moves on Batman's schlong wasn't all I found though :google...

picture.php

Shocked.gif

I didn't even know about high end collectible figures when the trailer for TDK came out. I was so pumped for the movie masters though, I spent 50$ on a MM joker on ebay. Now I have 3 of them that I bought in Walmart's bargain bin in 2009. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back