The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

I don't know, maybe, maybe not. This doesn't really scream "COOL ACTION FIGURE" or "FIGURE OF THE YEAR",

Nothing against Hardy, I'm liking the character as far as the film goes but I just can't see me spending $200 plus on a figure with a sci-fi mask, brown earth tone rags and a "ugg" boot coat.

As for Catwoman, I wouldn't buy a 60's Julie Newmar Catwoman so why would I buy a TDKR Catwoman with some super hi-tech goggles?

Well Ras isn't all that thrilling in terms of character design either.

As for Bane, I think that jacket will make the figure. Just like Marcus Wright. And although he wont be figure of the year, he will certainly be "cool action figure" material.

IMO. ;)

As for Catwoman, I know I will buy her, but the character design does leave something to be desired.

I know everything is rumors at this point - but if the Lazarus Pit is part of the plot, could they use it to bring back Two Face? I didn't get the see the prologue, but was told someone gets brought back to life. I saw a picture where Bane is holding up a photo of Harvey Dent. I'm curious to see if Bane knows Harvey's turn to Two Face and is trying to expose him or if he is just trying to tear the city to shreds. I thought Two Face was a great character and played to perfection with Nolan's more serious take on Batman. I am sad that this is the last new Batman movie from Nolan. He has done a fantastic job with the series so far. Not gonna lie....I am a little nervous since TDK was so good

If the Lazarus pit is in this movie, I will boycot it.

I don't know, I think Bane will be a pretty awesome looking figure, with the pose of him holding up dent's flyer.

I understand those who think Bane's costume looks a bit out of place amongst the other Batman villains in this series, but I do think this costume would make for a great figure.

33u3nr5.png

Well Ras isn't all that thrilling in terms of character design either.

If they gave him the ninja gear with the Batman gauntlets and sword he would be. It would cover one of my favorite scenes (the Bruce training scene on the ice lake) as well as the "I'm no executioner" scene.

I understand those who think Bane's costume looks a bit out of place amongst the other Batman villains in this series, but I do think this costume would make for a great figure.

33u3nr5.png

:goodpost:

If they gave him the ninja gear with the Batman gauntlets and sword he would be. It would cover one of my favorite scenes (the Bruce training scene on the ice lake) as well as the "I'm no executioner" scene.

I'm sure there will be plenty of Bane scenes that will move you to want him on your shelf.

If Hot Toys makes a Camo Bane Tumbler I bet most collectors display him on top of it, holding out a Dent picture.
Ahh, man. Now I'm gonna have to buy a camo tumbler! :lol Thanks a lot!

33u3nr5.png
:exactly:

I would rather have a final scene ras, with the cane and gas mask. Just me though. I would also like a Wayne when he is making the journey up to the LOS. With the hood, merce and jacket.

:goodpost:

I'm sure there will be plenty of Bane scenes that will move you to want him on your shelf.

I already like the scene of Bane in the prologue and "When Gotham is in ashes, you'll have my permission to die" but that doesn't mean I'm feeling "oh damn, gotta have a figure". :dunno

When the TDK trailer came out I was already thinking, "oh man, gotta have a Joker with a machine gun". Not in 1/6, Hot Toys thinking though. That was way before Hot Toys was known for their Batman figures and at the time, the only "Joker" figure people had to look forward to was the Mattel Movie Master Joker.

As far as Bane figures go, I have maybe 3 or 4. A minimate Bane, a BTAS animated Bane (with that throwing feature) and that's about it. Visually, the character has done absolutely nothing for me. I like his whole characterization and "this is the guy that broke Batman" angle and I think Hardy is going to be good based on what I've seen but overall I've always felt "meh" about Bane. This was before Batman and Robin too.

I would rather have a final scene ras, with the cane and gas mask. Just me though. I would also like a Wayne when he is making the journey up to the LOS. With the hood, merce and jacket.

A Narrows Ras wouldn't be hard to kitbash with a Ninja Ras though. The other way would be much harder with all that ninja gear. Plus, with a Ninja version you could easily make a Bruce Wayne out of it and have both of them.

neeson-bale-batman-begins.jpg

If Neeson is indeed in this one, I wonder how he'll appear.

Bane in this movie seems almost like a cross between Deadshot and Bane. Deadshot is one of my favorite villains and Bane's persona from the trailer and prologue remind me of him for some reason.

I like the "mad dog" with a muzzle look to compliment the Cat-woman; one poor, one wealthy. I see a lesson coming.

Wonder if Bane knows what to do with a car when he catches one? Obviously did with the Tumbler.

Bane in this movie seems almost like a cross between Deadshot and Bane. Deadshot is one of my favorite villains and Bane's persona from the trailer and prologue remind me of him for some reason.

I wonder if Bane ever uses any weapons, like a gun. I highly doubt it as it would go against the idea of the character. Makes you wonder what weapons a figure like Bane would even have. It'd probably just be some fists, a detonator, and if collectors were lucky, a destroyed Batman cowl.

I wonder if Bane ever uses any weapons, like a gun. I highly doubt it as it would go against the idea of the character. Makes you wonder what weapons a figure like Bane would even have. It'd probably just be some fists, a detonator, and if collectors were lucky, a destroyed Batman cowl.

Hmmm. I doubt he'll use guns too. Maybe different outfits, a battle-damaged sculpt, detonator, broken cowl, different hands etc. Also might keep the price down a bit.

Also might keep the price down a bit.

Riiiiiiight. :lol

They'll find some way to pack in a big, worthless base to increase the price like they always do. By the time it comes out (I'm guessing late Summer/Fall Quarter 4 release) MMS figure prices will probably be atleast $200 if not more.

Riiiiiiight. :lol

They'll find some way to pack in a big, worthless base to increase the price like they always do. By the time it comes out (I'm guessing late Summer/Fall Quarter 4 release) MMS figure prices will probably be atleast $200 if not more.

I hope not. that's just too much for a mms figure. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more if HT could have zero qc issues and their figures were all on par with their other releases, like Sparrow and The Bank Robber Joker.

I'd definitely welcome a Bane figure into my collection since he's the only Nolan-Batman villain who doesn't just wear a business/formal suit.

When Bane was first announced I thought for sure we'd see this, :lol

tumblr_lhn9a0YxQm1qcds6zo1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back