The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

The-Dark-Knight-Batman-Begins-leather-jackets.jpg

DCSHcatalogKnightShadowBatman.jpg

I think that would take away a LOT of expression from the face, the eyes are a massive tool to convey emotions/expressions.

I think that would take away a LOT of expression from the face, the eyes are a massive tool to convey emotions/expressions.

C'mon now, if Spiderman can make it with a fully covered face and Lenses, Batman certainly should be able to. Batman still has his mouth/teeth clearly visible to show emotion.
The eyes can only do so much when your eyebrows are covered by a mask or colored black like the skin around your eyes. I'm sure more people are drawn to Batmans mouth first for displays of emotion before his eyes.

If Bale doesn't have the mascara around his eyes when the mask comes off like Keaton did in Batman Returns...:slap
As a matter of fact, everyone since Adam West went without lenses. Why not try something new that actually isn't new at all for Batman? He'd look more intimidating with the lenses IMO.

Overall, i'm fine with the mascara look, but it would be nice to see something even closer to the majority of Batman's comics. I mean c'mon, i'm not asking for the underwear on the outside of his pants :monkey2

Last edited:

yeah.. i'm sure its tough enough already for an actor to convey emotion with a latex mask covering 3/4 of his face.. however i would like to see it.
thats probably why bale gets so animated with his mouth.. haha
405580_253825091357148_145970452142613_646746_1279561660_n.jpg

yeah.. i'm sure its tough enough already for an actor to convey emotion with a latex mask covering 3/4 of his face.. however i would like to see it.
thats probably why bale gets so animated with his mouth.. haha
405580_253825091357148_145970452142613_646746_1279561660_n.jpg

The white eyes like him look more intimidating and less human like I was saying. The white on that pic would require him to wear contacts though :lol

Another positive with lenses is being able to see batmans eyes better in dark places. The mascara look makes his eyes alot harder to see on screen when its dark. Your avatar pic is an example of that. That's probably why Keaton had magical spotlights blasting on his eyes for his movies. Kilmer and Clooney didn't need the light because their movies were so bright, colorful and "fun".

Last edited:

The eyes being hidden in the shadows are intentional for Bale's Batman. I thought that was pretty obvious

And Spiderman? Seriously? I don't think Tobey Maguire conveyed a ounce of emotion with his face, so had to make up with his whiney voice. :rotfl

I'll take exposed eyes for my Batman :wave

The eyes being hidden in the shadows are intentional for Bale's Batman. I thought that was pretty obvious

And Spiderman? Seriously? I don't think Tobey Maguire conveyed a ounce of emotion with his face, so had to make up with his whiney voice. :rotfl

I'll take exposed eyes for my Batman :wave

Garfield uses the same thing, and he's a better actor. I'm sure he won't dissapoint.

So people think the eyes show emotion, yet they're hidden in darkness? :lol

Like I said, i'm fine with mascara Batman, but doing the same design over and over is not being original. They change everything except that.

Last edited:

Like I said, i'm fine with mascara Batman, but doing the same design over and over is not being original. They change everything except that.

Well they did try things out with that Sonar Lenses thingy... however he looked like a chap with WW1 flying goggles. Id go with the tried and tested design

So people think the eyes show emotion, yet they're hidden in darkness? :lol

tdk%20joke.jpg

:lol

Apart from the joke - I think the fact that you can barely see his pupils adds a lot of mystique and despite the fact that you can barely see them, at least to me, you can tell his eyes are really squinted and he's pissed off.

Just adding white lenses here instead would look silly to me

Well they did try things out with that Sonar Lenses thingy... however he looked like a chap with WW1 flying goggles. Id go with the tried and tested design

I think the shape of the eye sockets on Bales mask made the lenses look goofy. If the sockets had a sharper design instead of a circular one, it wouldn't have look soo...wierd. They look like bug eyes.

Batman+White+Eyes.jpg

batmanthereturn1-702x1024.jpg

tdk%20joke.jpg

:lol

Apart from the joke - I think the fact that you can barely see his pupils adds a lot of mystique and despite the fact that you can barely see them, at least to me, you can tell his eyes are really squinted and he's pissed off.

Just adding white lenses here instead would look silly to me

I get your point although that poster's not the best to use. I may be wrong but I'm sure they shots came from the bootleg copy of The Dark Knight after it was released in cinemas.

I get your point although that poster's not the best to use. I may be wrong but I'm sure they shots came from the bootleg copy of The Dark Knight after it was released in cinemas.

Either that, or someone's using some extremely low grade standard Sh!+ :lol. It looks like Batman 1989 on VHS :rotfl

If there's one thing the Batman movies after this should try, it's white eye lenses on the cowl. That would be nice to see more often, like Wolverine finally getting a mask (if that ever happens).

I think Wolverine works better in the movies without his mask. I never understood the purpose of it anyway given he does his hair the same way. But to drive it home why it wouldn't work in the movies....

4105526185_c5877e269a_z.jpg

2989963087_fdd9ea0c13_z.jpg

Wolverine-Fett-Cosplay.jpg

wolverine.jpg

pet_cosplay_wolverine1.jpg

So we've learned that Wolverine looks better on screen unmasked. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back