The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

:lol :lol :lol

But no lol cat wolverine though :monkey2 stinky pooch instead :nono

actually, the pooch is funny.

I think that's me with the Wolverine Fett Helmet :lol

If it's not I wish it was, that is some funny ____.

I say no lenses, especially if he lights TDKR similar to TDK. Close up shots (when you got some) were marvelous.

There are things that work in some mediums that don't quite work in others. In the comics and animated versions of Batman, the mask is form fitting right up to his eyelids. When he shows any kind of emotion like anger (squints), surprise (wide eyes), or even gets knocked out (closed eyes) etc the mask and the eye whites follow. For live action versions, a mask that goes right up to his eye lids with lenses on top of his actual eyes are uncomfortable from the actor's standpoint and impractical from an effects standpoint. Like void said, in the absence of a comic-book world mask that fits your every expression, visible irises help a lot with expression for actors with much of their face covered.

In the comics sometimes there is an explicit mention of the lenses in his cowl, but whenever he takes off his mask, there's always just two eye holes with no whites. In the case of Spider-Man, whenever he takes off his mask, the large eye-white area is still there, so it is more an integral part of his mask---even when it is not being worn--than it is for Batman. And yet, somehow his mask's eye whites follow his expressions when he is wearing it...again, something that they have not been able to replicate in live action.

Power Rangers isn't exactly great acting by a long shot, but part of the reason why they had to do over the top gestures every time they spoke (besides "looking cool" for the excitable kids watching) is that they had to compensate with their bodies for the expressiveness that was lost by having a fully covering face mask/helmet.

When your mask covers all (or a lot) of your face, there is only so far that acting skills can take you without being able to use your eyes for expression. Even Willem Dafoe, as good of an actor that he is, couldn't get his emotions to penetrate that Goblin mask and needed his eyes to be visible in some scenes.

There are things that work in some mediums that don't quite work in others. In the comics and animated versions of Batman, the mask is form fitting right up to his eyelids. When he shows any kind of emotion like anger (squints), surprise (wide eyes), or even gets knocked out (closed eyes) etc the mask and the eye whites follow. For live action versions, a mask that goes right up to his eye lids with lenses on top of his actual eyes are uncomfortable from the actor's standpoint and impractical from an effects standpoint. Like void said, in the absence of a comic-book world mask that fits your every expression, visible irises help a lot with expression for actors with much of their face covered.

In the comics sometimes there is an explicit mention of the lenses in his cowl, but whenever he takes off his mask, there's always just two eye holes with no whites. In the case of Spider-Man, whenever he takes off his mask, the large eye-white area is still there, so it is more an integral part of his mask---even when it is not being worn--than it is for Batman. And yet, somehow his mask's eye whites follow his expressions when he is wearing it...again, something that they have not been able to replicate in live action.

Power Rangers isn't exactly great acting by a long shot, but part of the reason why they had to do over the top gestures every time they spoke (besides "looking cool" for the excitable kids watching) is that they had to compensate with their bodies for the expressiveness that was lost by having a fully covering face mask/helmet.

When your mask covers all (or a lot) of your face, there is only so far that acting skills can take you without being able to use your eyes for expression. Even Willem Dafoe, as good of an actor that he is, couldn't get his emotions to penetrate that Goblin mask and needed his eyes to be visible in some scenes.

:exactly::lecture:clap:lecture:exactly:

Well said

You make void and I proud of you son

I wish your cousin Nam could be so well articulated :mwaha

:chase

The eyes being hidden in the shadows are intentional for Bale's Batman. I thought that was pretty obvious

And Spiderman? Seriously? I don't think Tobey Maguire conveyed a ounce of emotion with his face, so had to make up with his whiney voice. :rotfl

I'll take exposed eyes for my Batman :wave

He just likes to loose his temper and convey emotions off screen :lol

tobey_maguire_looses_his_temper.jpg

But I did enjoy Tobey as Spidey :lol :D

:lecture

Reading that post was like reading poetry after checking a 5 yr olds school essays all day :lol

How were the essays from Nam and I :lol

Mine was titled:

"Why Nightwing should never be allowed to direct a Batman movie or be within 500 feet of Nolan"

Or was that Nam's, I don't remember anymore. :lol

Last edited:

I read that the new bat-suit vault came out of the water, kinda like how it came out of the ground in TDK.

I think that's awesome.

I read that the new bat-suit vault came out of the water, kinda like how it came out of the ground in TDK.

I think that's awesome.

That does sound awesome.

Looking at his new vault there, it reminds me of one of those 1/6 stands that have those clear jointed arms :lol

Last edited:

That does sound awesome.

Looking at his new vault there, it reminds me of those 1/6 stands that have those clear jointed arms :lol

Hahahahaha, yeah it does.
The new Bandai Godzilla figure that just came out had those clear display arms hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back