The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iiswinner128483346177500000.jpg

Can someone explain something to me?

Towards the beginning of this spot, Catwoman comes into from from the right on the BatPod. What exactly is the front end of that thing doing? I remember seeing that in TDK, and wondering the same thing? :confused:

Voidcat cannot explain away this unrealism. :lol

I think there's supposed to be some sort of spinning motion to it for sharp turns, we see some of that in TDK, when the pod comes out of nowhere before playing chicken with the Joker.

I think there's supposed to be some sort of spinning motion to it for sharp turns, we see some of that in TDK, when the pod comes out of nowhere before playing chicken with the Joker.

But what does that mean exactly? I mean, that's a wheel in front, not a ball. :dunno

Someone needs to make a slo-mo gif of that...

But what does that mean exactly? I mean, that's a wheel in front, not a ball. :dunno

Someone needs to make a slo-mo gif of that...

I believe you're expect to believe that the front of the bike body spins and rolls the front of it around, and rolls on the guns beside the wheel without breaking them or affecting the mostion of the bike. It's one of the most unrealistic vehicular tricks in Nolan Batman films. It looks cool enough you don't question it much watching a full movie with fast pacing to the scene, but when you look at clips and pick it apart, it's rediculous, was in TDK, and now it's even more prominent.

It totally stuck out to me in TDK, and I've always wondered about it, but never thought to ask until I saw it again here.

I'm thinking that the best explanation for it would be that the front wheel is on it's own spinning axis. So were expected to believe that if going fast enough, the wheel would spin enough to keep it upright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back