The DIE HARD Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a few more shots of my Dirty Johnny!

IMG_0395-1.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0424-1.jpg

Last edited:
I was really tempted by that Dirty Johnny but, truth is, for me this hobby is all about being creative and building my own figures. Buying a set like that would reel like cheating:lol

I know what you mean. I couldn't help myself with this one though.

JMKsJohnMcClane5.jpg

JMKsJohnMcClane10resized.jpg

JMKsJohnMcClane14resized.jpg

JMKsJohnMcClane15resized.jpg

JMKsJohnMcClane19resized.jpg

JMKsJohnMcClane20resized.jpg

Jumping back to the Sunohc McClane for a moment...

I finally got a dremel. Should have a long time ago. Beautiful machine.

Here's the head PRE to POST dremeling:

McClanedremelPREtoPOST.jpg

A little finessing to get it to sit on the neck right...

McClanedremelNeck1toNeck2.jpg

Cadaver, if you're here too, those pics would help me because it looks a little dangerous to take off all that "flesh" to the hairline and follow the line through along the jaw.

And here's PRE and POST dremel again, how it sits without the slight 'bow' in the neck. Subtle, but the head also sits a bit lower to:

yesterdaytotodaycomp.jpg

I hope these pics help others who may give a McClane a go. I sure could have used them when there was all this talk of dremeling.

Right now the head is just sitting on the rubber neck without the inner adaptor -- which I still need to dremel down -- but I'm not certain I even need it at this point really. I did not trim or cut the neck down either. Didn't have to.

Jumping back to the Sunohc McClane for a moment...

I finally got a dremel. Should have a long time ago. Beautiful machine.

Here's the head PRE to POST dremeling:

McClanedremelPREtoPOST.jpg

A little finessing to get it to sit on the neck right...

McClanedremelNeck1toNeck2.jpg

Cadaver, if you're here too, those pics would help me because it looks a little dangerous to take off all that "flesh" to the hairline and follow the line through along the jaw.

And here's PRE and POST dremel again, how it sits without the slight 'bow' in the neck. Subtle, but the head also sits a bit lower to:

yesterdaytotodaycomp.jpg

I hope these pics help others who may give a McClane a go. I sure could have used them when there was all this talk of dremeling.

Right now the head is just sitting on the rubber neck without the inner adaptor -- which I still need to dremel down -- but I'm not certain I even need it at this point really. I did not trim or cut the neck down either. Didn't have to.

im looking at doing this too, where could i pick up a dremel and how much are they?

Here's my first bash with Sunohc's latest BW sculpt. I plan on doing a battle damaged version later.

dh4-01.jpg

dh4-05.jpg

dh4-04.jpg

Ah, nice! Thanks for that!

I've been remiss with finishing McClane with the holidays and work but I hope to post pics of the finished body before years end. I hope.

The sculpt might be awhile to get painted.

im working on a die hard 1 and die hard 4
just bought a dremmel today so going to see how that goes tomorrow.
then i need to find myself a good airbrush kit for painting the sunohc head.
any tips on dirtying up the rubber body?
also adding blood to fabrics?

A little off topic of 1:6...but the five below by my parents house had like literally more than 20 of the cult classics john figures. It might be worth checking out at your local spot if your interested.

Back