"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, my only fix to get that snap to clip together without the insane tension was to dremel the hell out of the body.

That is quite the collection IndyCollector! I'm envious you have all of Rainman's full figure sets. Congrats on an outstanding set!!!

Thank you for the comparison pics IC. I'll agree with you on Velvet Morning's Blondie. Although RM's is slicker and a bit more polished, I like VM's take on Clint. I would have to say I like Rainman's paint work on the hs a bit more than Studio DF since you so graciously shot a comparison of the hs painting. His painting seems richer and a fuller than DF's.

All in all you have a fantastic set of art figures.

I really do like Rainman's work, but I think Rainman's version of Clint is too pudgy in the face. Rainman's Clint has a really nice likeness overall, but it *just* misses the mark, IMO.

I think the DF Studio paint is better than Rainman's in this case.

Funny. I feel exactly the opposite way and that VM's sculpt, while nice, misses the mark and has a roughness in execution and proportions that I do not care for. Since neither is exact in likeness, I much prefer the polish of Rainman's work. It's odd that it shows up so shiny in your photos. And I understand about being packed up but it's unfortunate to see such a cool figure presented in such a state. Also, I don't think the DF paintwork is nearly as good as Rainman's, but it's always interesting in art and such to hear differing opinions. Only thing I like more that VM did was the damage to the hat. I still don't see whatever you guys are seeing, and vice-versa, but more power to ya.

Regardless, thanks for the comparison pics. :duff

Here's a question for all the Rainman Blondie owners. How have you fastened shut your vest without it ripping the hook out of the darned thing?

I carefully stretched mine slightly and it has stayed fastened no problem. No body mods at all. Maybe I'll take some more pics of mine.

Last edited:
Hi again fellows!
Although I stated that I am truly amazed with everyones work here , I do however would like my 20 cent imput.
I also respect your 5000 plus posts Entropy compared to my 20 or so:lol but feel you may be looking at another figure!!!..
All in good spirit as John Mc Enroe used to say.......

SURELY YOU CAN"T BE SERIOUS!!!!!!

forgot to put the ciggie!
no other Clint in my opinion looks anything like him, the hatted one is also this close , just could not get a descent pic out of him to display

1clint-eastwood_423.jpg

DSC_0588-2.jpg

SURELY YOU CAN"T BE SERIOUS!!!!!!

Yup. But I don't like saying negative things about someone's work so I'll refrain. I think the Maddox sculpt is actually the most accurate likeness and Rainman's shines with the cleanest, most impressive technical skill, and VM's has great attitude and expression. But again, differnt' strokes for differnt' folks. I still have yet to see a definitive MWNN sculpt.

Mwnn, yes that is very cool!!!!
i like that one, and the second link is Lonnies???
yes definetly a better likeness,
thanks for the link!
and Entropy, was just messing with you!!!:D
I have read most of the thread , not 200 pages or so, and there was a lot of this looks better and that looks better.
At the end of the day , like you said everyone has their own taste, you like Rainmans and everyone else like VM, it is all cool:rotfl.
Mars

Mwnn, yes that is very cool!!!!
i like that one, and the second link is Lonnies???
yes definetly a better likeness,
thanks for the link!

Actually Mars, they are both Lonnie's.
I think Pacobird used oils(?) with pastels & Josh uses acrylics.
Totally different approaches to their paint styles.
Both great paint work.

Wow, I guess VM's blondie's sculpt looks far more accurate than rainman's.

It manages to capture the squint and blondie's expression, that's very difficult to capture. But I think the finishing does look a bit 'rough' and has he spend a bit more time to smoothen it up, it'll be perfect!

But the overall presentation, I must say rainman's version is better. With better shoes, buckles, stitches on the belt and box.

But if I were to get just one, then I'd prolly get VM's blondie. Thanks for the comparison pics, indycollector. Awesome collection you have ther, mate :rock

I have 3 rainman´s figures bad guy, ugly guy and Douglas Mortimer and they are simply a piece of art but regarding blondie...I have VM figure and it´s pretty well done as when you see it in your hands...you don´t only recongnize clint, you almost hear him telling: You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig

;)

I have 3 rainman´s figures bad guy, ugly guy and Douglas Mortimer and they are simply a piece of art but regarding blondie...I have VM figure and it´s pretty well done as when you see it in your hands...you don´t only recongnize clint, you almost hear him telling: You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig

;)

That really is my favorite sentence from the whole movie! :banana:banana:banana

Good ovservation.
;)

Yup. But I don't like saying negative things about someone's work so I'll refrain. I think the Maddox sculpt is actually the most accurate likeness and Rainman's shines with the cleanest, most impressive technical skill, and VM's has great attitude and expression. But again, differnt' strokes for differnt' folks. I still have yet to see a definitive MWNN sculpt.

Mine too.
;)

Clint uses to talk just few words..but whe he talks..it´s simply impressive.

In a fistfull of dollars when he arrives to the village he talks about the inferiority complex of his mule before the first duel...It´s simply perfect.
;)

I don´t know if the rules of this thread let me post a youtuve link but if somebody tells me if I can do it I will post the link.
;)

That really is my favorite sentence from the whole movie! :banana:banana:banana

i think guys this can go on forever,
the good thing is that ALL of you who got the rainmans version are happy and All of us who got the VM are happier!!!:rotfl no only joking again ,
but All of us have a pretty good investment, as far as resell value goes$$$ (if ever need to)
and that MY FRIENDS is something we all agree on!!

Mars

Amen
;) ;)

i think guys this can go on forever,
the good thing is that ALL of you who got the rainmans version are happy and All of us who got the VM are happier!!!:rotfl no only joking again ,
but All of us have a pretty good investment, as far as resell value goes$$$ (if ever need to)
and that MY FRIENDS is something we all agree on!!

Mars

Back