"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine too.
;)

Clint uses to talk just few words..but whe he talks..it´s simply impressive.

In a fistfull of dollars when he arrives to the village he talks about the inferiority complex of his mule before the first duel...It´s simply perfect.
;)

I don´t know if the rules of this thread let me post a youtuve link but if somebody tells me if I can do it I will post the link.
;)

Yes, that's what so great about these movies! Not many words, but when they speak, the words hit you as bullets! :D

Mine too.
;)

Clint uses to talk just few words..but whe he talks..it´s simply impressive.

In a fistfull of dollars when he arrives to the village he talks about the inferiority complex of his mule before the first duel...It´s simply perfect.
;)

I don´t know if the rules of this thread let me post a youtuve link but if somebody tells me if I can do it I will post the link.
;)

Rules??? We don' need no stinkin' rules!!! Go ahead and post away, bro! :rotfl

Btw, I love the line he says to the soon-to-be-dead guys after explaining his mule's sensitivity... "I don't think it's very nice, you laughin'..." Blam, ka-blam blam blam! :gun

i think if scott's blondie had been available at the same time as rainman's, i'd have gone for scott's. i love rainman's, don't get me wrong. but it looks a bit too clean. i love the tailoring on scott's - looks a little more screen accurate to me. and the roughness is what it's all about.

sculpt wins it too, personally. different interpretations and styles. i'm really glad scott is selling them separately.

I had no idea there was a two year old thread for tGtB&tU customs. The Lonnie Blondie is one of the first headsculpts I ever painted on commission. I've done five of them now. IMO it's the best Blondie sculpt of the bunch.

This first one was for DBernard. He put it on a body with the clothes and turned around and sold it on eBay for $700. I should have asked for more for the paint job.

700Cowboy2.jpg

BZ6nhWkKGrHgoOKiIEjlLmWNBBKpHpqkUQ_.jpg

700cowboy.jpg

These three were for my friend Dan at the Disney Animation Studio in Burbnak, CA. One of each variation.

FistfullofHeadsculpts.jpg

HPIM5578.jpg

And this last one I did recently using some new translucent paints I discovered. Getting subtle shades and natural skin effects is much easier now.

HatOn.jpg

HatOff.jpg

Other cowboys I've painted for DBernard include Viggo Mortinson as Everett Hitch in Apaloosa and Charles Bronson as Harmonica in Once Upon a Time in the West.

Front.jpg

TanLine.jpg

Harmonica.jpg

thanks for the pics.

I too am a big fan of this sculpt, best Clint likeness out there I think and you really squeezed some great personality out of it with your paint work. The Hitch and Harmonica look great too. What brand translucent paints are you using? Great job! :chew

I had no idea there was a two year old thread for tGtB&tU customs. The Lonnie Blondie is one of the first headsculpts I ever painted on commission. I've done five of them now. IMO it's the best Blondie sculpt of the bunch.

This first one was for DBernard. He put it on a body with the clothes and turned around and sold it on eBay for $700. I should have asked for more for the paint job.

700Cowboy2.jpg

700cowboy.jpg

These three were for my friend Dan at the Disney Animation Studio in Burbnak, CA. One of each variation.

HPIM5578.jpg

And this last one I did recently using some new translucent paints I discovered. Getting subtle shades and natural skin effects is much easier now.

HatOn.jpg

HatOff.jpg

Other cowboys I've painted for DBernard include Viggo Mortinson as Everett Hitch in Apaloosa and Charles Bronson as Harmonica in Once Upon a Time in the West.

Front.jpg

TanLine.jpg

Harmonica.jpg

My god, those are amazing! Both the sculpts and paint apps. True works of art.

I've done five of them now. IMO it's the best Blondie sculpt of the bunch.

Yep, Silentsurfer Painted a blondie head and hat for me and I have to say he did a fantastic job. I have numerous sculpts painted by the A-list of artists here and Silentsurfer's paint work ranks right up along side them. :)

700Cowboy2.jpg

700cowboy.jpg

HPIM5578.jpg

HatOn.jpg

HatOff.jpg

Hi,

I was just looking at my 2 Frontline Blondie heads side by side.

I was wondering if they ARE the same sculpt ? It seems the hat wearing one has a has a wider chin and nostrils, and they look more diferent then I originally thought. Just wondering if you noticed any differences other than the haircut ?

Also, I did'nt know there was a variation without cigar. Or was that an after purchase modification ?

Also PM sent

Jim

Hi Jim,

I'd have to see pics of the Frontline sculpts to be sure. I'm not familiar with that name. These Blondie heads are by Lonnie Hale in his Hero Heads line. The only other ones I know of are Rainman's and Velvet Morning's featured in this thread. In fact, I didn't know about those until I ran across this thread. Frontline may be another name for Lonnie's version, but I'm not sure.

All of the Blondie's I've painted so far have been Lonnie's, and all three versions of Lonnie's sculpt are exactly the same face but with hat or no hat variations. The version without the cigar is really an accidental custom, I believe. When Dan sent them to me, he said the cigar had broken off, but he still wanted it painted. If that's something you like, it's just about the simplest modification there is to do.

thanks for the pics.

I too am a big fan of this sculpt, best Clint likeness out there I think and you really squeezed some great personality out of it with your paint work. The Hitch and Harmonica look great too. What brand translucent paints are you using? Great job! :chew

I use Com-Art Colours specifically designed for Iwata Airbrushes by artist Steve Driscoll. Any good airbrush supply place should have them. You can also find them by googling any of those key words or look up Coast Aribrush, the store in Anaheim, CA where I pick them up. They are amazing to work with.

Yep, Silentsurfer Painted a blondie head and hat for me and I have to say he did a fantastic job. I have numerous sculpts painted by the A-list of artists here and Silentsurfer's paint work ranks right up along side them. :)

The third Clint head pictured above is yours.:D The first of mine to have a translucent effect.

Last edited:
Copy that. I new Lonnie casted heads for Sunohc, as I've done several of his superman heads, so I was kinda surprised he also sculpted. Now I know he doesn't; he just does the casting. Thanks for the info. Got your email.

That is quite the collection IndyCollector! I'm envious you have all of Rainman's full figure sets. Congrats on an outstanding set!!!

Thank you for the comparison pics IC. I'll agree with you on Velvet Morning's Blondie. Although RM's is slicker and a bit more polished, I like VM's take on Clint. I would have to say I like Rainman's paint work on the hs a bit more than Studio DF since you so graciously shot a comparison of the hs painting. His painting seems richer and a fuller than DF's.

All in all you have a fantastic set of art figures.

Sorry for the long delay in replying - I have been so bogged down with work lately, and haven't had much time to peruse the forums.

You're welcome for the pics, MwNN. Rainman's is definitely more polished for sure, but it almost comes across as too "plasticky" when compared to VM's.

Rainman's head does have richer paint than DF's for sure, but the reason I like the DF paint job is because the eyes look closer in color to Clint's, and therefore, a bit more accurate and "real". Rainman's eyes seem too dark to me. In fact, it's almost hard to make out any definition. The one thing I'm picky about is eyes. Whenever I look at a figure, the first thing I look at is the eyes. If they seem off to me, I won't buy it (but I don't have that luxury with pre-ordered custom figures). Afterall, it's the eyes that make a figure look like the real person - it can make or break the whole thing for me. It's the reason I never picked up the HT Bank Robber Joker. The eyes had OK color and looked real enough, but the placement on every one I saw in-person was off, with one higher than the other (one kind of looking up with the other looking straight ahead). It bugged me to no end.

Back