The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps it's the left hand that will be interchangeable for the exclusive? With the right arm bending at the elbow, I don't see how you can have an interchangeable right hand that would hold another item, like the gun for instance, and have it look natural. Perhaps you can switch out the whip with his gun in the left hand and switch out the idol with other items (sandbag, headpiece, etc.) to hold in his right hand.

Holding the gun waist high as the right arm is sculpted would work fine I think. Indy with the gun in his left hand would just look a bit odd me thinks as he is never seen holding it that way.

Can't wait for next friday....:joy

and here is a little something I quickly did on my break at work (not bad for 15 mins work :p)...enjoy

Indy and the search for Doom's Grail:lol
indy_poster_sideshow_a.jpg

indiana-jones-and-the-last-crusade-7-800.jpg

040908_toyfare01.jpg

amsel_raiders_of_the_lost_ark82.jpg

Enough can't be said about how perfect the likeness is, and for Harrison Ford, no less! Bravo! :clap

It'd be interesting if the exclusive held a gun in his right hand and had no jacket. It'd look like he was just about to blow away the Cairo swordsman.

I actually wondered if the idol might be separate... it would be supremely badass if he came with a pedestal ala the "pimp cup"

Wow, just wow,

Ive not been in the IJ section before so be gentle:eek:, but I saw the pic on the homepage and had to come and look and say OMG, that is unbelievable!!!

Honestly, I thought I was looking at Harrison Ford on a Magazine or something until I realised it was the PF, yeah i'm a little slow like that.

Absolutely stunning work Trevor, I become more impressed each time I see your work, it is (and I rarely use this word) exceptional!!
You never fail to impress :bow :bow

I'm glad for all those that were/are looking forward to this one that its been done so well.I have a feeling you will have to get your orders in quick

Take care all, Im off back to realms I know :wave
:lol
x

I actually wondered if the idol might be separate... it would be supremely badass if he came with a pedestal ala the "pimp cup"

To be accurate a separate idol pedestal would have to be far larger and more costly I imagine than Doom's cup stand and the PF's base is already the idol pedestal, so we're already getting it in a way.

April 18 is the start of the NY Comicon. So they're linking this preorder the same way they did the 12" with ToyFair. Smart.

I was wondering why this is a PPO, but you've come up with a plausible explanation.

Only the best of the best for the INDY fans, the price doesn't matter! :D Any guess what this piece is worth?

indianajonespf.jpg

Okay, I've decided what they'd have to do to make the greatest exclusive version EVER, and it'd be an extension of what I mentioned above.

Exclusive edition: What we see in the pic.

Regular edition: No jacket on Indy, revolver in right hand, Cairo sandy street base.

I'd say Cairo as the regular edition since it'd be cheaper to have one without a jacket. That's along the lines of what they did with Captain America and would give collectors one heck of a choice!

geezus Trevor, you blow my mind w/ each successive piece! likeness is uncanny. i was hoping for a more dynamic pose but after seeing the face, I'M SOLD!

To be accurate a separate idol pedestal would have to be far larger and more costly I imagine than Doom's cup stand and the PF's base is already the idol pedestal, so we're already getting it in a way.

Yeah, I'm sure it would have to be compromised a lot size wise, but could still be pretty cool. And if its an exclusive people might not be too upset since its a bonus item.

Okay, I've decided what they'd have to do to make the greatest exclusive version EVER, and it'd be an extension of what I mentioned above.

Exclusive edition: What we see in the pic.

Regular edition: No jacket on Indy, revolver in right hand, Cairo sandy street base.

I'd say Cairo as the regular edition since it'd be cheaper to have one without a jacket. That's along the lines of what they did with Captain America and would give collectors one heck of a choice!

Though it'd be cool, I can't see a jacketless version with a different base being a regular edition. A Con exclusive maybe...

I don't know, sans jacket is still a pretty iconic look:

raiders_of_the_lost_ark_ver2.jpg

It is, but the jacket (like the hat and the whip) is part of what is synonymous with Indy. Diehard fans would love the non-jacket version ("Look, it's Cairo Streets Indy! Cool!") but your average person would say, "Cool Indy statue... but where's his jacket?".

And if the jacket was the exclusive item those who missed out would kick kittens into heavy traffic.

Like EC said, that would work better as a Con Exclusive rather than a Regular version of the standard ROTLA Indy statue.

That would make sense as a SDCC version, but I don't think they'll have 2 drastically different versions up for PPO. Didn't seem to turn out to well for Han as his exclusive was nowhere near as cool as the regular.

Yeah, I'm sure it would have to be compromised a lot size wise, but could still be pretty cool. And if its an exclusive people might not be too upset since its a bonus item.

For Doom sitting on his throne a separate stand alone bit like the cup works, for this one not so much. I think it would make Indy look off balance and detract for the classy museum look they've got going on. For the 12" figure it'd definitely be a cool accessory set.

It is, but the jacket (like the hat and the whip) is part of what is synonymous with Indy. Diehard fans would love the non-jacket version ("Look, it's Cairo Streets Indy! Cool!") but your average person would say, "Cool Indy statue... but where's his jacket?".

Like they say, "Cool Indy poster... but where's his jacket?" ;) :D

And if the jacket was the exclusive item those who missed out would kick kittens into heavy traffic.

:lol

Well I don't think there will be such major difference between the regular and exclusive editions anyway (I'm sure it'll just be an interchangeable right hand holding his pistol) but I still think Cairo Indy would have made a great alternative choice. :)

but I still think Cairo Indy would have made a great alternative choice. :)

No disagreement there. I just think it would make more sense as a Con Exclusive variation or something (complete with rolled up, sweaty/dirty shirt).

However, I'd still prefer Map Room Indy with the Staff of Ra. :rock

Back