The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No disagreement there. I just think it would make more sense as a Con Exclusive variation or something (complete with rolled up, sweaty/dirty shirt).

However, I'd still prefer Map Room Indy with the Staff of Ra. :rock

Map Room Indy would indeed be awesome but more work for SS. The robes not so much but the head turban would take some effort as the hat is part of the sculpt I imagine. Dropping stuff like the jacket and switching out the bases seems more of something they could easily do for a Con Ex.

If they do jacket/no jacket or Indy/Cairo Indy I'm screwed as I'll end up getting both.

Map Room Indy would indeed be awesome but more work for SS. The robes not so much but the head turban would take some effort as the hat is part of the sculpt I imagine. Dropping stuff like the jacket and switching out the bases seems more of something they could easily do for a Con Ex.

I'm sure the hat is a separate piece that is glued on and could easily be replaced... remember PF Buffy's hair changed between versions.

Ssshhh!!

MAP ROOM INDY VARIATION!
:lecture :lecture :lecture

:lol

And, honestly, a Cairo Streets Indy PF (while cool) would actually be TOO easy for Sideshow to do. Most people could simply pick up a second Regular version of the PF from a dealer or something and customize that on their own very easily.

I'm sure the hat is a separate piece that is glued on and could easily be replaced... remember PF Buffy's hair changed between versions.

You're probably right. It'd be easier to mold n cast that way.

Ssshhh!!

MAP ROOM INDY VARIATION!
:lecture :lecture :lecture

:lol

And, honestly, a Cairo Streets Indy PF (while cool) would actually be TOO easy for Sideshow to do. Most people could simply pick up a second Regular version of the PF from a dealer or something and customize that on their own very easily.

:rotfl

Drop the jacket, dirty up his shirt and pants, move the whip to his belt, gun grasping hand, and new sand base and boom SOC Indy. Easy $$$. :D

If there were a SOC or Map Room variant, would you want the base to just be a sand base or would you want a crate or basket or base of the model room or something else there? Would it add or detract to the display do you think?

Sand base on either one of those would look nice... is there any brick work on the map room floor? Could be cool to have the brick, but also some of it covered in sand.

Irish got me thinking about this as a custom if SS doesn't make a variant. Sculpting and casting a new base, the same height as the Temple base natch, would be easy enough to do. And by we time we have it in hand we'll probably know if they've planned a variant yet. hmmm...

For the SOC, a basic sand base would probably be best though a bit plain. As much as I'd like to put in a crate or wicker basket it might look too busy.

For the map room, sand covering the back part with the inscriptions and the hole Indy blows sand away from visible on the front of the base would be sweet.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna collect alot of Indy stuff but this and the 12 inch figure to represent the movies as a whole are a must.

Hi Everyone,

How about these for pics. This piece is unreal.

sideshow_16scale_01.jpg

sideshow_16scale_02.jpg

sideshow_16scale_03.jpg

sideshow_16scale_04.jpg

These were posted on GGC by Olórin. I give credit to him as the original poster.

Thanks,
Mike

The more I think of it, the more I am willing to skip the 12"ers for this line and just get the Indy PF.

Star Wars and LOTR many more than 1 character represents the films to me, so I go for the 12" to get quantity and variety. But with Indy, I really don't need anyone else but Indy.

I really don't like the look of this pic , I don't see Ford there.
sideshow_16scale_04.jpg

Although every other pic I can , might just be the way its took I guess.

Back