The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power | Amazon Prime Video - September 2, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"for the Orcs had life and multiplied after the manner of the Children of Iluvatar..."

“Bolg, son of Azog”

Hitler had a family too, that doesn’t suddenly make him a sympathetic figure :lol.
Well,

I don’t think the complaint is that they have a spawn.

The complaint is that the Orc parents are concerned about the child’s healthcare plan and daycare needs.

Ok ok ok I need LOTR diehards for this.

In the books were the 3 Elvin rings made last and not first and that they were made last by Celebrimbor AFTER Sauron made his ONE ring to counter Sauron’s magic that he embedded in the Dwarves and Human rings?

And in the book after Sauron learned of the 3 Elvin rings he actually started a war with Eregion to get those 3 Elvin rings!

If that’s the case this show really **** the bed lol
https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Celebrimbor

The three were made before the One Ring. Dunno what cringe this show is doing yet. S1 was bad enough since the three rings looked like they came from a gumball machine, besides the rest of the narrative and Celebrimbor looking incompetent. :pfft:

https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Celebrimbor

The three were made before the One Ring. Dunno what cringe this show is doing yet. S1 was bad enough since the three rings looked like they came from a gumball machine, besides the rest of the narrative and Celebrimbor looking incompetent. :pfft:
You see I thought it was me that thought they looked cheap so I’m glad I’m not the only one lol

They looked like cracker jacks box rings lol

Ok ok ok I need LOTR diehards for this.

In the books were the 3 Elvin rings made last and not first and that they were made last by Celebrimbor AFTER Sauron made his ONE ring to counter Sauron’s magic that he embedded in the Dwarves and Human rings?

And in the book after Sauron learned of the 3 Elvin rings he actually started a war with Eregion to get those 3 Elvin rings!

If that’s the case this show really **** the bed lol
All the other Rings of Power were made first as a collaborative project between Sauron and Celebrimbor.
Sauron then left Eregion to make preparations for his other plans and Celebrimbor in his absence took the teachings "Annatar" gave him and refined the process, making the Three, which are not only the most powerful of the Rings but also were free of Sauron's direct taint, hence why the Elves do not become Nazgul and why they dont go mad/their kingdoms suffer disaster, like the Men and Dwarves.
Nonetheless because the Rings were made with Sauron's knowledge they were bound to The One and if the Bearers of The Three dared wield these Rings while Sauron held The One then their minds would eventually be consumed by his will, either knowingly or not.
Sauron's original plan was to make Rings for ALL the leaders of the Free Peoples, with his direct taint, and using this power + The One he would be able to subtly and unknowingly control the minds of the wielders and through them the populace of Middle-Earth, all under his direct "benevolent" rule.
But because the The Three were made without his direct input the Elven Lords immediately saw into Sauron's mind/through his disguise and knew not to trust the Rings and therefore this plan for Sauron was kiboshed, so he decided to war against the Elves.
This also meant the Elves had unknowingly bound themselves to Sauron and The One's fate - they could wield the power of The Three in the Third Age after Sauron's defeat at the Battle of the Last Alliance, as Sauron had now lost The One, and the Elven Lords did so to create great havens that preserved the beauty and magic of the old world against the decay of time and the wearying cycles of the world - this is why Lorien, Rivendell and The Grey Havens feel more "magical" and spiritual than the rest of Middle-Earth including other Elven lands like Thranduil's court.
But the catch of this is that by resisting the natural fading of magic and the world through time, the Elves maintained a fraction of their glory but they brought about the end of their time in Middle-Earth much sooner, for should they ever stop using the Rings.... or should The One/Sauron be destrroyed then the decay and time and fading they had held back for millenia would return with a vengeance.
This is why the Elves [and the Ring Bearers especially] leave Middle-Earth when Sauron is at last defeated - the Age of Elves is now over and the few Elves that remain will either decline into something like mortality or fade into something like the fairies and sprites of Celtic folklore hidden from the world in their caves and beneath the Earth or in the deep woods - but they will certainly not be the High Elves they once were.

Last edited:
You see I thought it was me that thought they looked cheap so I’m glad I’m not the only one lol

They looked like cracker jacks box rings lol

Next to the elegant designs from LOTR and the Hobbit - yep. I figure the big gaudy cheap rings are in line with the showrunners being firm in their convictions that the audience is stupid and will just accept any *&^%$ they serve up, as long as there is a Middle Earth label attached to it. Like the elves from S1 who looked more like accountants stressed out over tax season. :pfft:

All the other Rings of Power were made first as a collaborative project between Sauron and Celebrimbor.
Sauron then left Eregion to make preparations for his other plans and Celebrimbor in his absence took the teachings "Annatar" gave him and refined the process, making the Three, which are not only the most powerful of the Rings but also were free of Sauron's direct taint, hence why the Elves do not become Nazgul and why they dont go mad/their kingdoms suffer disaster, like the Men and Dwarves.
Nonetheless because the Rings were made with Sauron's knowledge they were bound to The One and if the Bearers of The Three dared wield these Rings while Sauron held The One then their minds would eventually be consumed by his will, either knowingly or not.
Sauron's original plan was to make Rings for ALL the leaders of the Free Peoples, with his direct taint, and using this power + The One he would be able to subtly and unknowingly control the minds of the wielders and through them the populace of Middle-Earth, all under his direct "benevolent" rule.
But because the The Three were made without his direct input the Elven Lords immediately saw into Sauron's mind/through his disguise and knew not to trust the Rings and therefore this plan for Sauron was kiboshed, so he decided to war against the Elves.
This also meant the Elves had unknowingly bound themselves to Sauron and The One's fate - they could wield the power of The Three in the Third Age after Sauron's defeat at the Battle of the Last Alliance, as Sauron had now lost The One, and the Elven Lords did so to create great havens that preserved the beauty and magic of the old world against the decay of time and the wearying cycles of the world - this is why Lorien, Rivendell and The Grey Havens feel more "magical" and spiritual than the rest of Middle-Earth including other Elven lands like Thranduil's court.
But the catch of this is that by resisting the natural fading of magic and the world through time, the Elves maintained a fraction of their glory but they brought about the end of their time in Middle-Earth much sooner, for should they ever stop using the Rings.... or should The One/Sauron be destrroyed then the decay and time and fading they had held back for millenia would return with a vengeance.
This is why the Elves [and the Ring Bearers especially] leave Middle-Earth when Sauron is at last defeated - the Age of Elves is now over and the few Elves that remain will either decline into something like mortality or fade into something like the fairies and sprites of Celtic folklore hidden from the world in their caves and beneath the Earth or in the deep woods - but they will certainly not be the High Elves they once were.
Yup

Just what I thought…,

They **** the bed BIG time lol

I’m sure you as a diehard must be super pleased lol

Thank you for the breakdown! :hi5:

Yup

Just what I thought…,

They **** the bed BIG time lol

I’m sure you as a diehard must be super pleased lol

Thank you for the breakdown! :hi5:

thank God I'm not a harddie
Allow me to explain the experience of this show through the medium of gifs.

Me finding out they are making a LOTR series set in the Second Age about the forging of the Ring, featuring Sauron as a POV character and the Downfall of Numenor with a budget of 1 BILLION dollars:

Excited Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons
Happy Family Feud GIF by ABC Network

Me finding out Amazon don't even have the rights to the story they want to tell:

Angry Buffy The Vampire Slayer GIF

Me reading interviews and watching the early trailers focus on Galadriel and member berry characters:

Oh God Facepalm GIF by Ovation TV

Me watching the first episode and getting that sinking feeling about how bad this could get:

american gladiators pain GIF

Me realizing they gave Elronds story to Galadriel, Celebrimbor's story to Galadriel and Celebrimbor's relationship with the dwarves to Elrond = meaning the most important character in the forging of the Rings story has barely anything to do with the plot:

tenor.gif

My reaction to the insane "who is the stranger who is obviously Gandalf" story, the obvious Halbrand is Sauron reveal, the Harfoots, the Mithril storyline, the Southlands bullcarp, the Eminem cultists, the magic sword dam-key-volcano-rue-goldberg device insanity, the south-park style "elves are taking our jobs" storyline and the butchering of Numenor

zach braff hate GIF

My reaction to how they wrote Galadriel to be the single most unpleasant ignorant haughty proud arrogant nasty vindictive manipulative stupid impulsive petulant unlikeable POS character of all time with no growth character arc orr redeeming qualities and no resemblance to the Lady of Light in Tolkien:

Madeline Kahn Face GIF

My reaction to the show being a billion dollar Galadriel X Sauron shipping fanfic:

sick team america GIF

My feelings on the show from the day I finished the first season to my dying breath:

Black And White Vintage GIF

My reactions to seeing the universal hate this show recieved from audiences and Tolkien fans:

back down whatever GIF

/\EPIC POST IS EPIC LOL/\
Someone needs to route this to Bezos. And maybe PJ would get a laugh out of it.
Revenge is best served cold.

Sad to say, a single post on a forum from a *lowly peasant fan*;) shows more effort, creativity, and intelligence than a production that blew through a billion dollars.

money GIF

Last edited:
it wasn't always that way. that's recent. years ago people had more passion and more talent.

its more of a recent thing.

I've felt this way for a while now, but it almost seems like talent is a finite resource that's been all but used up.

Corporate Rule #1: never hired someone better than you that could take your job

The result over time is continual inferior hires -- not only is overall ability diluted over time (meaning 'talent' is weeded out) but also the low level of ability means the bar to impress is also extremely low, so these people expect less and are satisfied with less.

if I had to pick between hiring someone that never watch it and never cared at all, to a super fan. .....
Yet everyone loves Rogue One and Andor when Tony Gilroy isn't even a Star Wars fan.

It really doesn't matter if the writers, directors or even the actors are fans or not.

Non-fans can make masterpieces and fans can make absolute slop, and vice versa.

Back