The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to mention a guy that supposedly has sexual intercourse with droids ignored C-3PO as if he weren't even there.

Look....I know I'm a crotchety old man at the ripe old age of 42. (Honestly, I don't feel that old but I've been called a boomer so often lately I'm wondering where my AARP card is. Come on....42 isn't THAT old!)

But I totally understand how kids these days can see things we loved from the 80s and think it's horrific....like for example all the sexual assault that I personally found hilarious and justified in "Revenge of the Nerds" in 1984, (and the blatant racism and homophobia)....but even I have to admit that now....holy christ man, those guys should all likely do some time for what they did.

(Except Dudley "Booger" Dawson....he'll never not be awesome to me....come on, he's been combing the high schools all day looking for a date!)

revengeofthenerdsgimmeheadtillimdeadtshirt-e1448308270252.jpg

But to take something innocent and innocuous like freaking STAR WARS.....come on people.....STAR WARS.....and try to shoehorn gender identity and pansexuality and intersectionality (whatever the hell that is) into what was harmless, wholesome entertainment just comes off as mean-spirited and ugly to me.

First of all, Lando was introduced because even in the 70s people complained that there were no black people in SW!! So they introduced this cool, suave, ladies man. Yeah, he was shady...but he redeemed himself in the end. He was a cool, complex character.

He did NOT want to **** C-3PO.

Siiiiigh......I've gone from being a Goonie to being freaking Mama Fratelli.

3ia999.jpg

Hell, you do not have to go back that far- the wife likes to watch Friends , (old college habit) and we both were kinda shocked watching a arcing story about Rachel hiring a guy based on his looks, the slowly manipulating him into a date, then becoming his girlfriend and sleeping with him every chance she got.....all the time pretending it was coincidence....its kinda freaked us out a bit....blatant sexual harassment, sexual favors, and manipulation of a employee...

But somehow that was funny back then? I guess its all ok if your a guy and your boss is Jennifer Aniston.
16961e200752611e414aa0bdc187739c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

I meant you're a geek just like the ones that you complained about in your previous post. Come down off of your high horse.

Where did I say I wasn’t? I’m just not a nerd who is overly sensitive to criticism of the OT or the ST, which was my point. So...shut up?

Odd you got offended by that.

?Star Wars wasn?t mainstream 20 years ago like it is now? has got to be one of the most insane things ever said here.

It?s as mainstream as it gets.

SW is one of our popular culture tentpoles and it was mainstream in the 70s - if anything, the furor was heightened then because it was new - and its mainstream now. Will always be mainstream. If we never saw any type of new content, it would still be mainstream.

16961e200752611e414aa0bdc187739c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I happened across an old Friends episode a few weeks ago (was never a huge fan) and watched for a few minutes because Aniston looked SO young - but then noticed the headlights were on full-beam.:horror I was sort of surprised because it became so visible that you'd think they would have noticed, but from those pics above it seems it was not an isolated incident.

Those WB soundstages did get kind of cold and dafty.:dunno

?Star Wars wasn?t mainstream 20 years ago like it is now? has got to be one of the most insane things ever said here.

It?s as mainstream as it gets. It?s mass entertainment spread across multiple avenues. There is nothing exclusive about it, there never was. It didn?t open small in 77? and wasn?t some rare gem that had to be discovered.

It?s not like it?s the French New Wave, John Waters films or Spanish comic books from the 1980?s, those things are nerdy. The imaginary club fans have made and invited themselves to is absurd. It was all over beach towels and backpacks in 77 and it?s all over them now. Liking it back then it now does not make you special in any way.

The problem isin?t Star Wars, the problem is the gate keeping, male dominated, toxic fandom.

Good points. Star Wars will forever be a constant as far as its presence in the entertainment. Good point about the gate keeping also - part of the reason people are turned off from joining in on the discourse is due to the fear of the mob mentality and sectarianism that's running riot.

Male dominant?! There's been plenty of females in all of these Star Wars movies going back to '77. Give me a break.

I think Mara was referring to the fandom rather than female representation in the films.

Male dominant?! There's been plenty of females in all of these Star Wars movies going back to '77. Give me a break.

Are female oriented/dominated shows and movies such as Sex and the City, etc horrible and toxic as well? Asking for a friend.

Kathleen, is that you?

GTFO with your cancerous toxic feminist **** :)

Wonders to myself if they get the irony...

Last edited by a moderator:

Wonders to myself if they get the irony...

Yeah I wonder to myself at the irony as well whenever a misandrist complains of no women on a show where there's three women on the show and another woman who even though she's masked you can clearly make out that it's a woman!

About the mobile carbon-freezing chamber in the Razor Crest. Why wouldn't Cloud City want to mass-market these things for bounty hunters? Seems to me to be a good money-making opportunity for them. I just don't get why people bashes certain things.

Assuming you?re being serious, it just seemed a bit forced considering the original use of carbonite was makeshift.

But maybe displaying targets as trophies/artworks caught on after Jabba.

(I think Jennifer Aniston wore fake plastic nips on Friends so she would get more attention. It worked. I've seen those fake plastic nips in stores.....girls are weird. I find it mortifying if people can see my gross man-nips through my t-shirt.)

Assuming you?re being serious, it just seemed a bit forced considering the original use of carbonite was makeshift.

But maybe displaying targets as trophies/artworks caught on after Jabba.

Exactly....remember, Boba got extra cash for it because he said it was an actual piece of living art created by the hand of no less than Darth Vader. The name of the piece was "Man in Carbonite."

Surely word of that would spread like wildfire through the criminal underground and bounty hunter circles.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Man_in_Carbonite

50% of what you quoted though is true.

Being only 50% correct is way below an F. Remember that. And daisy ridley, brie larson, kathleen kennedy, rian Johnson and all others who are misandrists and can't stand the sight of men are infinitely worse than people who don't mind men being the main character in a TV show. Fact!

Not sure if i am a misandrist or not. I always tell my friends if i was a women i would definitely be a lesbian. I mean look in a mirror not sure what women see in our ugly asses :lol

Good points. Star Wars will forever be a constant as far as its presence in the entertainment. Good point about the gate keeping also - part of the reason people are turned off from joining in on the discourse is due to the fear of the mob mentality and sectarianism that's running riot.

iM don’t sure that just turns female or new fans away. Some of the way people behave towards each other on this forum is pretty poor.

I just don’t think you have to wave a flag of virtue to not be an ass.
I love plenty of shows that have female or ethnic and lgbt leads and characters without having to bin out white male characters. I don’t remember watching buffy or Star Trek voyager etc. and thinking it would be better if buffy was a boy.

Not sure if i am a misandrist or not. I always tell my friends if i was a women i would definitely be a lesbian. I mean look in a mirror not sure what women see in our ugly asses :lol

Dollar bills.

Back